Find Tagged Reports by Substance
    Substance Category
    Specific Substance
    Find Reports
  • Trip Reports Moderator: Xorkoth

(JWH-081) - 2nd & 3rd time - Mostly pleasant

nonstick724

Greenlighter
Substance was the same stuff as my first entry - damiana leaf, 40 mg/g ratio of JWH-081 to leaf, and about 0.15 g worth in the bowl. I did not smoke the whole bowl at once.

Executive summary:
  1. None of the feeling of melting into the couch that I commonly get with weed.
  2. Same feeling of reality "splintering" that I get with weed, and same sensation that as soon as I paid attention to something, everything else no longer existed.
  3. Same general mellowness and lack-of-worry as weed.
  4. Thought processes were very active toward analysis and making connections.

2nd time was 5/15. I was home finishing laundry around 9 or 10 PM. I did one single hit first to see how things would go, and resumed ironing and watching Twilight Zone. I felt little effect initially, so after about 30-40 minutes I did another hit. I can't remember if I did a 3rd hit or not.

I remember the standard mellowness. I seemed to care little about time passing and was not as easily distracted, compared to a normal state where I'd probably be more worrisome.

Twilight Zone was more immersive than normal. As soon as I went upstairs, I started writing out things in detail at my desk because I thought I could see very clearly what their formula was.

I wrote out a lot of other weird stuff (probably too verbose to put here). For the most part it made sense, but my choice of analogies was often strange. I seemed to be very quick to make connections effortlessly between things. One thing that stuck out that I wrote was that my brain was now doing a depth-first search constantly, while in a normal state it was doing a breadth-first search.

Some of the visions I had were also very interesting. I would think of people and I would see strange, stylized versions of them (I wrote these as well).

I got online and was talking to a few people. I was talking to a friend and he asked a maths question about polynomials. He was not understanding completely how it was possible that long division of polynomials could produce a remainder. I pointed out to him that he was familiar with remainders from dividing numbers with long division, and then I said that numbers really were nothing more than a very constrained form of polynomial, like ax^n + bx^(n-1) + cx^(n-2) etc. where x=10 (for his familiarity at least), a, b, c, etc. were integers from 0 to 9, and exponents were always positive integers. And since the remainders did not emerge as a consequence of those constraints, they could clearly be seen to generalize to polynomials in general.

This reasoning looks right to me, but I really don't know where it came from.

I had a major case of the munchies as well. I tried to fight it, but ended up heading downstairs to grab a weird assortment of foods. I remember the (cheap) sharp cheddar I had not tasting particularly good, but the slice of reggiano cheese that I ate had an incredibly complex flavor to it and it was amazing.

However, I noticed the feeling of stream-of-consciousness "fracturing" a bit. Really, this aspect felt very much like weed. I only noticed it when I'd go walk around or something. If I sat at my desk and focused, or I just stayed in bed, I could not notice it, but as soon as I would get up and move around and try to do something besides write or think, it was like my awareness of what I was doing was very "laggy" - as soon as it was a few seconds in the past, it felt like it was sort of shuffled around with all other memories and didn't necessarily come through in the right order.

The visualizations were still there, but I had the sensation (and wrote this) that it was nothing more than a filter turned to a particular sensation and that I could do a lot of other things with it. Here's my account of one visualization: "Like a pit full of geese. They were completely black on a black background - except that they had orange and blue triangles, perfectly sharp and solidly filled. These triangles were all that was visible on them and it was sparse, yet enough to see that they were all craning necks up to eat or bite at something, competing with each other."

I went to bed around 1 and slept very peacefully.

3rd time was 5/16. I did two hits around 11 or 11:15, and maybe another partial one, but the bowl (same one as from last night) was pretty much cashed at that point.

I don't remember a whole lot here (I wrote it too far afterward). It felt pretty similar. I took it close enough to bedtime that I didn't do a whole lot except head to bed, where I felt a little uncomfortable because I couldn't seem to quiet my mind down. However, I fell asleep pretty quickly still.

Strangely enough, when I was dosing off a bit but not yet asleep, the sudden change in lucidity made me wonder momentarily "Am I still stoned?"

Interesting report...I enjoyed reading it :) As I stated in another thread about jwh-081, I found it be a very useful substitute although it is lacking in certain areas. Thanks for this entry.

Op- why not post some of the writing you mentioned? It would give some insight into the headspace. You might be surprised how many of us are not functionally illiterate or uneducated;)

Last edited:
Op- why not post some of the writing you mentioned? It would give some insight into the headspace. You might be surprised how many of us are not functionally illiterate or uneducated;)
Quite the opposite. I regard most of you as being literate and educated enough that you've something better to read than the rants of a stoned fool :p

But here you are! I kept it as verbatim as possible but with any additional notes in italics.

take a simple concept - but one that is intuitively impossible or requires a very different outlook to make sensible.
now explain it - but make people feel it by layering it with emotion and bringing it on slowly.
then they feel the concept. they don't just see it with the logical mind as if it were expressed in terse, explicit words or formulas.
Twilight Zone follows this formula.
Twilight... might, but without any real concept behind it. Or perhaps that concept is merely one that is much more human-oriented in nature.

I saw Anne (yes, I changed that name) in a zigzaggy red and blue dress. The dress's pattern flowed, literally. Anne sort of moved with it, looking very natural and happy.

I saw Beth (also changed). I was making her pose for photos. She regularly struck pose after pose where some little element of it - the placement of the mouth, the half-smirk, the fluorished but rigid snap into the pose - gave it a half-joking manner, like she knew she was purposely overdoing it and showing what she didn't feel.

like a pit full of geese. they were completely black in a black background - except that they had orange and blue triangles, perfectly sharp and solidly filled. These triangles were all that was visible on them and it was sparse, yet enough to see that they were all craning necks up to eat or bite at something, competing with each other.

the competing... er, what? fuck, I need to focus harder. (what happened here was that I was reading the paragraph above while writing, and wasn't paying attention, so I wrote "competing" when I meant "familiar")
the familiar color schemes were there - the same sort that weed produced (or selected - call it what you will).

I know the visions were based on what I saw though. When I close my eyes, in nearly any state, I see a familiar pattern that is pretty consistent and I think just due to how they respond when I suddenly cut off light.
But now I saw that pattern when I closed my eyes - only it was made of the familiar texture.

the music in my head right now would make clowns and carnies look to the ground as if hearing the worst sacrilege ever in the most common, taunting, boldly copying but mocking way. And they'd be right. But normally we don't think much is sacred to clowns and carnies - at least, not in a way that sacrilege of the sort would ever earn a dignified reply of the sort.

like I was stuck while sober with a brain doing a breadth-first search constantly, and taking this made it a depth-first search.
before, I couldn't keep my brain from going every where at once. now, it's just going really deep - far-recursed - at random.

(Re: Plots, p.1) [probably just referring to the first few paragraphs]
It's not trickery, really. Well, maybe it is, but leading to a better truth.
games sort of do it too but the concepts might be iller-defined there. the interactivity changes things.
the difference (between how a good plot works, and a simple terse description) is like that between a roller coaster, and a 2D projection of its shape as a simple curve.

she was all red except for her white skin. hair, eyes, eyelashes, earrings, eyebrows, fingernails. and it all flowed as she danced. it was sparkling in the light.
her hair was extremely long.

I don't _have_ to use this for visualization. that really is just a specific use if I turn this filter toward the visual noise in my head. the filter can go a lot of other places too.

Shit, I just did some math. I made a lot of connections.

It's making analysis more interesting. I make connections faster and feel the elements I discuss.

(referencing a coworker)
Just ignore their bitching.
They don't need to be convinced, they just need to be bitch-slapped with proof in action. And that last part works because people look dumber and dumber if they have to testify against reality.
You already know his tendency to filibuster any new idea and entangle it so much with empty questioning (that his own ideas never have to endure) that it will never pass unless he wants it to, under the guide of this being real reasoning.

reality just splintered a bit. It happened when I went downstairs to get a snack and was moving around, doing things.

Good read.
Interesting report.

I'm currently researching and shopping around for some synthetic cannibioids to add to my collection. I'm interested in thes ones with the least negative body loads.

How would you rate the body load in both intensity and enjoyment?

Also:
How about the lethargy/laziness?
How does it compare to cannabis?

Does physical activity, like bicycling, seem more or less appealing?

Good read.
Interesting report.

I'm currently researching and shopping around for some synthetic cannibioids to add to my collection. I'm interested in thes ones with the least negative body loads.

How would you rate the body load in both intensity and enjoyment?

Also:
How about the lethargy/laziness?
How does it compare to cannabis?

Does physical activity, like bicycling, seem more or less appealing?

I felt like the lethargy/laziness was nowhere near what I've had with weed. However, I've not tried doing much physical under this JWH. The most was when I was out walking for maybe a half-mile (see my first trip report) and I had a little bit of the feeling like my legs weren't hitting the ground (standard with weed for me).

So overall I'd say the body load was not very negative.

But the sort of "lagginess" I get when I am doing things could be considered a body load. I don't know.

Sweet. Thanks for getting back to me.
How does the 'relaxation' feel to cannabis.

Out of 1-10 (Compared to Cannabis),
how well would a bowl of this work to sooth your mind after a hard day of work.

Sweet. Thanks for getting back to me.
How does the 'relaxation' feel to cannabis.

Out of 1-10 (Compared to Cannabis),
how well would a bowl/dose of this work to sooth your mind after a hard day of work.