• H&R Moderators: VerbalTruist | cdin | Lil'LinaptkSix

Treatment Just started sub, struggling, confused and sick please help

Trevie

Greenlighter
Hi,

Long time reader, first time posting I think.

For the past two months I was using codeine daily. From 120mg per day, to 150mg, then in the last week it spiked to 330mg codeine and occasional oxycodone use.

This is a relapse following 5 months last year of a similar pattern of abuse. I am going through some hard truamatic stuff as a victim of crime finding justice.

Anyway. I started subaxone yesterday. 2mg. I didn't believe my use of codeine (a mild opioid) and the small length of time on it, and the relatively low dose required anything like 4mg +

But yesterday was hell. I waited 16 - 18 hours after my last doses of 120mg codeine (24 to 48 hours last dose of oxy) before I took my first dose of 2mg subaxone. I spent all day yesterday vomiting, nauseous - it was the worst thing Ive ever experienced in a long time. Hours and hours of it. I passed out exhuasted worrying I would vomit in my sleep.

I woke up this morning still feeling sick, and with a headache. I decided to lower my dose to 1mg.

There is some dispute, with a good trustworthy friend who is an expert in this field that has said that 4mg+ is way to high for someone like me, and the 2mg was also probably way to much. The pharamacist is saying however, my dose is too low which is why Im sick.

I trust my friend, he speaks at doctors conferences and studies pharmacology.

But I would love some encouragement, support, or advice.

I have three types of anti-nausua medications, two of which they use on cancer paitents.

I took 1mg today and the pharmacist sent me home with another 1mg saying if I felt worse to take the other 1mg.

I feel so confused and awful and lost. The 1mg I took at almost an hour ago hasnt fully kicked in yet and Im so scared, when will this sickness end?

Please, any advice, on what your own experience was like, what you went through.. I dont know many people on it except my friend who is both an expert and someone being treated by it.

I would love to hear more from other clients, rather than pharmacists who all read the same manual and think everyone is the same.

Thank-you in advance for any words you can give me whilst I curl up miserably on the couch.

The 1mg was less bad: But TBH I dont get it.

Codeine withdrawal itself is almost less bad than going onto subs --- then at some point I have to get off subs again???

I dont get it.

I think I might just throw them in the bin and withdraw. It can't be any worse than this (and then I have to do it again to get of subs).

I dont get it :(

Are the subs making you withdrawal sick, or like messed up high sick? I’m guessing high sick? Subs are extremely strong. Like forty times stronger than morphine strong. I had a huge h habit and 1 mg held me ok after a few days. I was depressed but that’s par for the course. Good luck!

^^I agree w bb. I read this early this morning but didn't have time to respond.

Subs are strong. When I was clean for over a year and a half w a much bigger habit than yours , I stupidly took 4mgs - I felt like I was going to die.

I was more fucked up then I had ever been on oxys, morphine...and IV heroin. And I mean that in the worst of ways.

Splitting headache, severely dizzy, nausea...ugh Just horrible. I laid on the bathroom floor for about 24 hrs- at least.

I asked a total idiot how much to take. Lesson learned lol. They are strong.

Try starting at .5 mg ( when you're feeling better) It probably will help you alot. Good luck.