• Welcome Guest

Forum Guidelines Bluelight Rules
    Fun 💃 Threads Overdosed? Click
    D R U G   C U L T U R E

Just pulled off a major manoeuvre.

I totally get it.

Stealing brandy is commendable compared to what I did in active alcoholism. Vanilla extract is tolerable, but the bottle is so damned tiny.

If I woke up to find I hadn't left myself some vodka for the morning shakes I'd hit the mouthwash. If I was out of that, I'd drink hand sanitizer. Never had to resort to Lysol but I've known people who have.
Vanilla extract 😂

Never done that but I have drunk a pint of my own sick after vomiting up a half bottle of brandy I had just downed (had a glass to hand luckily😎).

At 13 I wasn't even drinking. Only really started at legal age but I'm definitely getting the mileage in now Xd

1247828_1.jpg

Congratulations! 🎉

It always surprises me when BLers hook up as we’re spread so far apart.
Oh, I’ve met a few. Maybe because there are (were?) a bunch of us clustered in the NYC area. I definitely met up with a bunch of BLers early on, when I first joined. Most of them aren’t on the site anymore, or at least, they’re not active anymore.

i swear my father must've left a whole bars worth of alcohol in my basement for me to replace with water when i was a teen... that's definitely a teen thing, but i realize any age alcoholic can be desperate enough to steal.

My father worked in the building trade (he was a QS so he employed gangs such as electricians, plumbers and so on) and so the tradition was that he got a bottle of spirits from each gang. One year it was 17 bottles.

We we SO pleased to offer guests their choice of spirits since we didn't drink them. Even my mother preferred her nightly bottle of champagne....

So it sat there. Anyone wanting a coffee got Irish coffee, French coffee..... Russian coffee.... whatever.

We would compare notes on how we disposed of it. Even now cheap whiskey tastes terrible and good whiskey has to be taken in moderation. Straight or (if you must) with water.

But it never thought about drinking it. If a bottle went missing, I very much doubt it would have been noted - we gave it away. I was happy with my 4 pack of Guinness, my dad with his 4-pack of lager.

It's nice to be able to say NO. I gave up and smoked hash. One Saturday my mum asked whose the oz of black was left on the table. It was mine... so I had to make her cookies.

Because they were both hippies in the 60s and so to them, dope was FINE. Tripping on a Christmas day would have been even worse if I hadn't been able to tell them. My dad just laughed and asked 'why?' and my mum gave me some of her Valium and made excuses to the family of why I was 'ill'.

But I later on went on to drink 2 bottles of gin a day for over a year. I mean GOOD gin. But after that, I treat alcohol as my mother taught me:

'A good servant but a terrible master'.

I hope you find a way out because for sure, it will kill you.... and I've seen cirrhosis and it's not a stylish way to peg out.