• Select Your Topic Then Scroll Down
    Alcohol Bupe Benzos
    Cocaine Heroin Opioids
    RCs Stimulants Misc
    Harm Reduction All Topics Gabapentinoids
    Tired of your habit? Struggling to cope?
    Want to regain control or get sober?
    Visit our Recovery Support Forums

Heroin Just plugged double the amount of heroin I know is safe for me, overdose?

blueskies565

Bluelighter
Yesterday for the first time I plugged heroin and got decent results though they came on slower than expected and I smoked too. I plugged 125mg of high purity heroin and smoked maybe 150mg more over several hours.

In an incredibly stupid move around half an hour ago I plugged double that (250mg) of higher purity heroin. I had also smoked a little before but it had mostly worn off and it was only a shadow of a high anyway. I mixed up two diffrent baggies so thought I was doing the same dose as yesterday. Since this stuff is very strong (I know this cause the stuff from yesterday was the same stuff I brought regularly when in the midst of my iv addiction and it felt stronger than that when smoked and ran much cleaner).

So far I am definitely feeling it but am not incredibly high I am getting a little of that your vision goes fuzzy and you have to shake your head thing but it set on slow last night and ended up quite strong. My theory is that cause i am a little constipated that is slowing down the absorption. I ended up with a very strong nod last night. However yesterday I plugged that dose twice (first at about 1pm then at about 7pm and smoked a little between and after and was only finally very high at about 9-11pm). In total yesterday I went through a little over half a gram starting at about 1pm.

Second thread in a row with me worrying about an OD but oh well I really think I might have cause to be concerned. I can feel myself very slowly getting higher. Even over the course of writing this my itch has got several times worse and my eyes feel very heavy, finding myself staring off into space, nodding slightly. Any advice? Last thing I want it to explain to emergency services that I endangered myself by sticking drugs up my ass plus then people would know I relapsed.

I have a tolerance I can quite easily do 150mg of oxy without nodding and I do around 1500mg of codeine every day. Still getting higher. Sorry for wall of text. If i'm alright this will be my last OD freakout for awhile I swear.

30 minutes should be enough to feel the full effects of the dose, but as you said maybe constipation is delaying it.
We really can't do much to help you or to guess if you're going to OD or not, the only think YOU can do is to call a friend to check on you and call the ambulance in case of emergency.
I understand that you don't want people to know of your relapse but staying alive is of course more important.
You're the only one who can judge wether to call someone or not.

If you are really worried that you may be od'ng, would you be more worried about explaining yourself or dying and it all coming out in the end(no pun intended) anyway?
At least you'll be alive to explain.

Mate use whats left of that silly ass brain of yours and go to a&e tell them everything as its their job im sure your not the first and wont be the last to do something silly so go on do it while your alive

Could you please help me with an answer to this: I injected H just minutes ago and when I drew back, it seemed normal (I.e. Blood in syringe, no bubbles), but after I had finished, a few inches above the injection site my veins started popping out and a bubble formed on my arm near those veins. Also, around where the bubble formed seems to be inflamed and is red. I don't usually use IV and am concerned if this is serious and if I should get immediate medical attention. Please, tell me if I should go to an ER, or if there is anything I can do or take to mitigate the issue at home. It probably sounds stupid, but I'm very scared and live quite far from an ER. I would really appreciate any help, or advice, on this matter.

Sounds like you either blew the vein or hit an artery. If you blew the vein, your load is just sitting there and could possibly cause an abscess. Did it hurt really bad when you hit it with the needle?

No, that's why I thought I was in the vein. I even drew back multiple times to make sure I wasn't drawing air. The swelling seems to have gone down now but the vein is still popping out, which makes me concerned because I'm not very vascular normally. Is this something that necessitates immediate medical attention. I really appreciate the response also. I've looked through many threads, and did a few advance searches, but still found no information about this happening to someone.

Really only a doctor can tell you that. Did you take the tourniquet off? Sometimes when people leave there ties on the buildup of pressure can blow the vein, which sounds like what you're describing. Either that or maybe your needle kept sliding in and out of the vein?

Could you please help me with an answer to this: I injected H just minutes ago and when I drew back, it seemed normal (I.e. Blood in syringe, no bubbles), but after I had finished, a few inches above the injection site my veins started popping out and a bubble formed on my arm near those veins. Also, around where the bubble formed seems to be inflamed and is red. I don't usually use IV and am concerned if this is serious and if I should get immediate medical attention. Please, tell me if I should go to an ER, or if there is anything I can do or take to mitigate the issue at home. It probably sounds stupid, but I'm very scared and live quite far from an ER. I would really appreciate any help, or advice, on this matter.
apply a warm compress to the affected area. if it doesn't get better and it stays inflamed and red, sore to the touch go to the ER.

Wow, that's why I don't fuck with that Horse...too many unknowns....purity, dosage, etc....did the dealer wash his hands?!

I'd say for the 2 people asking for help in the thread seek medical attention, sooner rather than later. Especially that guy with the arm thing.....as far as OP, again I would THINK that taking 1.5 GRAMS of Codeine every day you're body would be at least PRETTY fucking tolerant, but then for all we know that dope had fentanyl or some shit in it.

I'd say visit the ER just to be safe...they can't fucking tell any body you use dope....and I don't think there's anything else that bad they could do to you except maybe give you some narcan..lol.
Hungry Hungry Hippa lawyers, ya'll!! Get one..

Yesterday for the first time I plugged heroin and got decent results though they came on slower than expected and I smoked too. I plugged 125mg of high purity heroin and smoked maybe 150mg more over several hours.

In an incredibly stupid move around half an hour ago I plugged double that (250mg) of higher purity heroin. I had also smoked a little before but it had mostly worn off and it was only a shadow of a high anyway. I mixed up two diffrent baggies so thought I was doing the same dose as yesterday. Since this stuff is very strong (I know this cause the stuff from yesterday was the same stuff I brought regularly when in the midst of my iv addiction and it felt stronger than that when smoked and ran much cleaner).

So far I am definitely feeling it but am not incredibly high I am getting a little of that your vision goes fuzzy and you have to shake your head thing but it set on slow last night and ended up quite strong. My theory is that cause i am a little constipated that is slowing down the absorption. I ended up with a very strong nod last night. However yesterday I plugged that dose twice (first at about 1pm then at about 7pm and smoked a little between and after and was only finally very high at about 9-11pm). In total yesterday I went through a little over half a gram starting at about 1pm.

Second thread in a row with me worrying about an OD but oh well I really think I might have cause to be concerned. I can feel myself very slowly getting higher. Even over the course of writing this my itch has got several times worse and my eyes feel very heavy, finding myself staring off into space, nodding slightly. Any advice? Last thing I want it to explain to emergency services that I endangered myself by sticking drugs up my ass plus then people would know I relapsed.

I have a tolerance I can quite easily do 150mg of oxy without nodding and I do around 1500mg of codeine every day. Still getting higher. Sorry for wall of text. If i'm alright this will be my last OD freakout for awhile I swear.

Blueskies ol' chap I hope you faired well and just forgot about your post or did seek medical help and got the dreaded narcan which is better than the usually slightly more dreaded thing called death. If you could get back to us we'd all appreciate it. I'll have to check to see if you've posted elsewhere since this one.

For the decade I've known my now almost sister in law who is clean now for a bit over 2 years (Very proud cos my younger brother has been clean for 12 months), well for as long as I've known her she has had a bubble in the crook of her arm and it certainly didn't render that vein useless, in fact, that was her 'old faithful' (Fav vein to shoot) and she would shoot into that thing, quite often have a wriggle with the pick while she was in her arm with the needle but she'd find the sweet spot, get flashback and boom....in goes the meth I just sold her.....and she'd rarely if ever miss. I was always curious about that bubble which she was understandably embarrassed about and would always cover it with sleeves but I should ask her about whether it happened after a particular shot or whether it developed over a little or a long time.

But I'm imagining yours looks like hers SQ84.............has there been any improvement in the bubble mate?