just out of curiosity...

zen

Bluelighter
Just wondering, for everyone that does E's, do your friends know about it (apart from the ones you roll with)?
Am I the only one who has most of my friends not agreeing with it? I find it a somewhat amusing challenge to be around them when I'm off my dial, knowing that they don't have a clue.
Or is it that I'm just from a fucked up city called Wollongong, Australia?

All my friends know what I do. Most of them roll too
smile.gif
The ones that don't are usually cool with it, they accept my choice of lifestyle...but a few of my not so close friends are against it. Sometimes they try and lecture me about the evils of drugs, but they usually give up when I correct them with the facts and then start lecturing them on the evils of their preferred drug, alcohol
smile.gif

When i first discovered the wonders of e, it was like i was putting out a press release. I called all my friends and told them how great it was and they should try some NOW! LOL
smile.gif

Of course i used to be quite against all drugs and they all think i've gone crazy.
------------------
Ciao...
e!

You guys are lucky. Some of my friends don't care and just laugh and ask me how I'm going. Most though just think its evil. had a great time rolling, while my friends thought I was straight on NYE!!
They just don't know what they're missing out on.

What I have found is that my friends who haven't rolled before are against it until they try it. Once they experience the feeling they are well, hooked....
I was at one time one of those people who thought all drugs were bad, and people shouldn't do them because you could die. Now that I have tried and experienced them, I have a totally different opinion.
I hear so many non-users say that drugs are evil and what-not... All I have to say to them is you can't judge them until you have actually have something to base those opinions on.
Most of my friends do know what I do, but i am not one to advertise my doings... If they have a problem with it, it is just that their problem not mine.

I haven't told hardly any of my friends - they thought I was a big druggie when they found out I smoked pot on the weekends with people from work. I really wish I had a big group of friends that all hung out and rolled together, but that'll never happen so I see the ones that do in a different way. I love their openess to try new things and live a little. I feel closer to them and even if it is only a couple of us, we are bonded in a way that none of the others could ever be.
------------------
If you can't change it - get over it. If you can - do!

I personally think.. that real friendship is based on trust, like most relationships, your friends should always know who you truly are from the inside out what kinda things you like to do and that..maybe they are being friends with someone whos doesnt exist.[p]I recently told one of my old "friends" from high school that i do E, he started making fun of me asking stupid questions about doing E and crap,,got real mad, realized friends are not always who you think are your friends..
------------------
Blow them big ass bubbles! ***** ><(((:))

hey
i have the same problem
my friends i rave with know (obviously) but all my other friends don;t know....except for the really close ones...
i don;t trust too many people....last year the people i loved with at college turned me in to the state police for making fake ID;s...my room was taken over by cops with warrents and my roommates (who turned me in) claimed they knew nothing about it until i saw the police reports....
the lesson i learned.... BE CAREFUL WHO YOU TRUST...follow your gut...if someone disagrees with it, don;t tell them about it
my NEW roommate doesn;t know i roll becase i am nervous to trust him....
hope i answered you...
peace

Ha! Besides the four people I roll with, my other friends act like they are in denial that I do E because I'll "have Alzheimers" by the time I'm 30.
Ugh, if they only knew,
Adrienne

cheers for your replies everyone!! I'm on the basis that my friends should not put it down when they've never tried it, but just accept it as part of who I am. Good to see that I'm not alone in the world out there!

In a way i'm getting a taste of my own medicine....i was soooooo against drugs untill i tried e i wouldn't listen to anyone who said anything good about them. Even one of my best friends was a chronic pot head who was always trying to get me to smoke. Now he lectures me about the dangers/myths of e and won't hear me no matter what facts i throw at him.
wink.gif

------------------
Ciao...
e!

all my friendz who love 2 party have been taking pillz 4 a lot longer then me, so when i started i had protectorz
smile.gif

But most of my friendz would bag it
frown.gif

However, on NYE i showed them the glory......
they will be rolling regularly soon, muahahahaha
smile.gif
smile.gif
smile.gif

love ya all, but i can hear the bong call

I started rolling this year. My moto in life was "go hard or go home". Well that is how I approached drugs also. Got myself into all sorts of situations - hospitals, cabbage patches (shot gun pointed at head) etc.
Anyway had loads of fun - but never took any breaks.
My friends rolled a few times to try it - they loved it, but not the next day stuff (comedowns, jaw clenching, e-tardedness). My best mate went and spoke to his friend (a pharmacist) to get me some help.
I thought about it, and realised I had the best mates in the world. Basically I was out of control and they still stood by me.
I am now on a bit of a break. The highs were getting lesser and the lows longer too. I will still roll, and my mates will join me, but I won't be fuckin myself up 3 times a week like i was in the past.
I used to super critical of mates who "did stuff". But then I tried it. I have gained so many new experiences from having tried it, and I wouldn't swap it for anything.
But if you have friends who look out for you, don't necessarily think they are arseholes. I'd much rather have my best mate show concern for me, then just wipe me off as some drug fucked idiot and turn a blind eye.

I only do it with one of my close friends which is sad. The rest don't approve..i used to be close minded about things i knew nothing or little about. Now i've learned not to knock things until I've tried it.
It's not for everybody.

All my friends know, they're all druggies too. The ones that hadn't rolled before I tried it were skeptical about it until I showed them how wonderful it is and now they're hooked, too. Actually, I just converted two more this past Friday. Resistance is futile!
------------------
Everybody thinks I'm high... and I am

The majority of my friends do not roll, most are cool with it but the ones that aren't have the attitude of I don't care if you do it just don't do it around me and I totally respect that. Although some of my friends that didn't agree with my choice have now rolled and loved it so the tides are changing. Can't expect that from everyone though, E is definetly not for everyone, but it hits the mark for me.
------------------
IMOKRUOK - Roll On Roll Off

All my friends either also do drugs, or don't care one way or the other if I do. Seems almost every gathering I've had, there's a kid or two who waves the bong on past him/her... But it's never been an issue. Never had any drama come of it. I appreciate this tons, coz I know how awful it'd be if I was making someone uncomfortable, or if it caused rifts in our friendships. But on the same note I think I would have problems anyway with any friend who was judgemental enough to give me shit because of my personal recreational chemical indulgences... It's not like I put pressure on other people, yanno?
~*~ Ashke ~*~

ok this has been getting at me for a while now. I am always reading about how kids "convert" their friends into e-tards like themselves. They also get some kind of satisfaction out of knowing that they "converted" their friends into ecstacy fiends. Why do kids do this to their friends? Most kids say that its good to have someone to roll with i personally think that these people introduce their friends to ecstacy because misery loves company. These are also the people that rationalize it in their minds that there are no side effects from doing e and that they arent addicted even though they are dropping multiple times a week. I dunno i just wish that people would put more thought into it before they introduce their friends to something they may not be able to handle. IM sorry i went off on such a tangent or if i didnt make much sense or if i offended anyone. I know that everyone has their own beliefs but i was just putting in my two cents.

Sounds pretty spot on to me - I have rolled with a few mates who wanted to try it - but was always careful not to over-sensationalise it to them coz if it fucked them over then I was responsible.
Speaking personally, I didn't try it coz of "misery", just that I was in another country travelling and had the freedom to get away with it. But I take your point.

I respect my friends decision not to try it, however I do offer them the experiences. I just wish that they would respect my decision to use drugs in moderation....