just met my old mate at the methadone clinic, im devastated

fluxy

Bluelighter
why?

cause for years we just used drugs together. and i used opiates while he smoked pot. then he quit pot. hes got some pretty severe schizophrenia and wont take responsibility for his actions. its everyone elses fault. 26, still lives with his mum. he has no idea how to live. blames everything and everyone why he was never able to pick up one single girl in his life, but hes just got a shitty personality.

last couple of years he started having a bit of my codeine extractions here and there. and a line of oxy. 1 year later i found ouot he was doin it by himself and i knew he would end up addicted. he would see me puking my guts up and laugh and say "im never gonna be like you!!!"

6 months ago they pulled OTC codeine of the shelves and i shot thru so he couldnt get any OC off me. yesterday i saw him near the methadone clinic i go to and hes on 20mg of bupe! I blame myself a bit, but i cant get thru to him that hes at the bottom now. he so deluded that hes got a ticket booked to go overseas for a year thinking "theyll jsut give it to me to take it with me right? (1 year of bupe take aways)

WTF should i do? i need to wash my hands of this because i warned him all along.

anyone else seen a friend go down there road and have no way of stopping them?

If you dont wanna be his friend dont hang out or return his phone calls. You dont have to be rude if you see him at the clinic just dont be overly friendly. At the end of the day we are all responsible for our own actions its not your fault hes addicted its not your fault hes delusional about maintenance. If you do wanna help him just be there to talk be supportive you dont have to take resp;onsibility for someone to be there friend.

you may have influenced him, but he kept going, as ^ said everyone is responsible for their own actions unless you are under <10 y/o

thanks guys, any more tips?

I cant understate my friends IQ, it is quite low. hes kinda one of of those suicidal personalities because of sheers boredom and no "lucky" times, though i know hell never do it.

Hes really happy to hear from me, but i must mention that after spending so many months listening to an emotionallly draining person and being fully drained and then not ONCE did he even stop to ask how i was feeling and try and make me feel better. its all about him. no he denies that he ever said his life was shit, i never said i dont get any luck etc, life is mad! see what im dealing with? Jeez i sound like a woman going out with a fuckaround boyfriend....

again, and tips appreciated, because i want to help this guy before he goes too far, IE you can have this heroin but you have to shoot it, or ice, the needle culture, making friends with people from the clinic, rorts and earns, and i know that people could use him to do their dirty work hes easily influenced. i just want to help him avoid the traps that are not so obvious to him but plain obvious with a few years experience.

I don't think you owe this guy anymore than you want to give him. If you really feel bad about it, maybe have a coffee with him and give him some of what you consider critical advice, like the fact that he's not going to be able to get a year's worth of Suboxone and he has a serious psychological condition that needs medication and therapy.

If he listens to you, great. You've done your part as a good samaritan. If he won't accept what you have to say, what else can you do? At the end of the day, you're not responsible for his actions.

thanks regulator,

ive already explained that he has a serious problem, but he denies it being anything but a little thing that "everyone else turns into a big thing and thats the problem" Its like hes still got the attitude of a 14 yr old, blame everyone but himself for everything.

What do you call this condition in medical terms?

I mean his mum runs his life for him, and when i checked to see why we could get acess to a lot of his bank accounts and centrelink benefits, we realised she had taken his power of attorney and taken all his money for the last 7 yrs from the government. taken out loans. credit cards, you name it. i mean POA means that she basically is more powerful than him!

I got him all the documents to fill out and we were on the way to court to just sign them over and he piked out. my mum might kick him out of home he said. and he was probably right. the poor guy never got "it" fro time to time i try and help but i have my own list a mile long to help myself with my own addcition and problems.

I dont know how i separate him from his dependence and blame cycle from his mum, and his on him. she needs him as much as he needs her (ive done the co dependency modules in rehab) and its horrible.

oh well

any sucess stories or hints and tips still appreciated mucho here

fluxy