• BASIC DRUG
    DISCUSSION
    Welcome to Bluelight!
    Posting Rules Bluelight Rules
    Benzo Chart Opioids Chart
    Drug Terms Need Help??
    Drugs 101 Brain & Addiction
    Tired of your habit? Struggling to cope?
    Want to regain control or get sober?
    Visit our Recovery Support Forums
  • BDD Moderators: Keif’ Richards | negrogesic

Just had too much crystal meth... advice please

sites4

Greenlighter
I've smoked maybe 15 times before without a problem. Don't think I did anything different today but about five hours in, a half hour ago, things started going pretty wrong. My vision is weird with spots and my whole body feels like it is churning ferociously. I'm just lying down as it's washing over me continuously with a power I've never felt before. My heart is up but it's not crazy, yet. Things seem to be getting more intense quite quickly still though. I can still think straight I think and I'm refusing to panic. I'm not a cry-baby and though I'm no expert I've taken many things and smoked this a fair few times. To me, what's happening now is off the charts.

Two questions:

1. Am I basically ok if I relax as much as possible and wait for it to pass?

2. I have ghb. Would my usual dose be safe to calm things down or not?

Any informed input very welcome

thanks for response. it's getting more intense. can stand only with a fair bit of thinking and concentration. typing isn't quite simple. don't understand this, smoked towards my upper end of normal, but nothing stupid, i thought. i think 1ml ghb about 30 mins back is just starting to kick in. not panicking, but i'm on my own and i'm hoping this doesn't get any more ferocious than it is now.

You know what sucks? Is when I throw up from being too hyper spun and tweaked. It's fuckin' brutal shit.

if i was just doing g, i usually take up to 2ml at a time. going slower despite needing the calming hit because i've only mixed meth and g twice before in very small doses

just to say again, had very strong experiences before on lots of different things. don't complain about heavy reactions or anything. and i had intense meth days a few times before, used it to learn my level. this is weird, it's far more than that, and just hit suddenly.

anyone experienced with insight or tips? starting to shake pretty dramatically now

I've been smoking a hit every ten mins or so for five hours. I've done that often enough. This is new. Started quickly after last dose

don't think the g is calming my body much, which is still nuts, but it's helping me not panic, which i know won't help. will take another ml on the hour of the last one. it can't be possible to od on g when this stupidly high on meth

how do u decide when to call an ambulance with this stuff? don't want to and don't plan to as things are but i can't afford to get worse i don't think

think the g is holding me. just took another 1ml.

any input helpful

you need to completely stop smoking methamphetamine and take a benzodiazepine. if you don't have one or any other sedative, visit a hospital. myoclonic jerking is an indication of a neurological problem. you could be hypertensive as well.

closed. please pm me and let know after you go see a doctor. if 2 ml of ghb can't bring you down, then you definitely have some concern.

op is doing fine. after being ever so close to cardiac arrest he was finally stabilised and discharged soon after brief observation.

yes.

i closed the thread but reopened it in case he wants to come back and share. he sent me a private message about his experience. good lad he is. i can't go into detail since i have to respect his privacy. this should be a lesson to all members and staff that when you're told to go see a doctor, get off the damn computer and go.

Thank you for this thread. I may sound crazy but I was experiencing the exact same side effects at the exact same time and used the same amount of ghb to try and calm myself down. It randomly started to hardcore rain in a massive windy thunderstorm and I just ran outside and laid on my balcony floor with the rain and wind, it calmed me down and I was able to start breaking again. Sometimes I just stop breathing, as I'm going about my day.. Strange

welcome to bluelight.

it sounds like your issues are somewhat psychosomatic. if they're being solved with some breathing exercises outside, then it might be psychological.

as for your breathing issue. i'm not sure that stimulants have that impact on respiration. it should actually be the opposite. that you breath more. can you explain further?

I feel the experience over the weekend is worth outlining as it involves someone, myself, who thought they knew what they were doing yet had quite a close call.

A word of background about myself. Plenty of people have more experience of substances than do I but I would not consider myself a novice by now. For quite some time I've been a near daily user, altering use and combinations according to inclination and circumstance, primarily using crystal meth, crack cocaine, cocaine, GHB, and, most of all, mephedrone. Meth I limit to avoid addiction and have smoked roughly a dozen and a half times before.

The day in question, I began smoking at 2pm and stopped at about 7pm when difficulties began (I had smoked until 10am the night before). First mistake: I was attempting to finish what was on hand, but I didn't believe it amounted to much more than I'd taken often enough before without problems. Second mistake: I hadn't made allowance for the unusually high purity of the batch in question, which I'd been advised about, and had confirmed in the days before when I tested it. Third mistake: I had grown complacent with meth and didn't monitor myself while smoking as carefully as I used to do.

Around 7pm it quite suddenly became obvious that something was not right. Within what seemed like only a few moments, a strong high turned into something different and I noticed that my body was in difficulty. The intensity of the physical experience grew and grew from here on. My whole body seemed to be struggling and churning and although I managed to stand up every time I tried to do so it required focus and concentration. I took 1ml of ghb in the hope of calming the system and another an hour later but there was enough methamphetamine in play that the ghb had no discernible effect whatsoever and on advice I gave up that strategy, which may be inadvisable in any case.

I would struggle to describe the physical intensity of a meth overdose but it is not another type of high or an experience anyone would wish to know. About two hours after I had stopped smoking, the signs of approaching cardiac arrest became impossible to ignore. My heart was palpably out of control and between 160-190 bpm. The claminess arrived. My breath had been shortening since problems became obvious but was now quite difficult. Nausea. Dizziness. And most of all waves of chest pain. I was talking to the moderator of this forum at the time, fortunately, who advised in frank terms medical assistance and I called an ambulance despite extreme reluctance to do so.

Before the ambulance arrived, and it did take a certain amount of time, I reached a level of physical distress I hadn't ever imagined possible, with a degree of chest pain and the other symptoms that made me believe that I was either having a heart attack or on the very edge of having one. I made several further emergency calls during these minutes and after a sudden explosion of fire-like pain throughout my chest believed that I would die before help reached me. Paramedics arrived, ran an ecg, and then prepared for cardiac arrest during transit to hospital with the defilibrator on standby. At emergency, drugs were administered by iv to stabilise the heart, and not too long after this happened, heartrate fell under 150, and after four hours of observation I was allowed to discharge myself, although it was still between 100-120 bpm. I've been quite lucky as doctors were surprised that no lasting heart damage had occured, as can of course happen even without cardiac arrest.

The doctor was reluctant later to specify how close I came to cardiac arrest but I was treated until stabilised on the basis that it was possible at any moment. Once the necessary medicine was administered, I came out of the danger zone quite quickly. The two days since have been unpleasant if non-serious but only an idiot complains after getting himself into an overdose.

Two things I would suggest people try to take on board:

1. Don't believe the folk wisdom that you can't OD smoking meth. I wasn't new to it and did so without even initially noticing

2. If told to get medical help, do, immediately. If in physical distress, certainly with the warning signs of cardiac arrest, do so immediately.

A last word: not calling the ambulance when I did - on advice here - could have delayed medical attention beyond the point at which it could still be any use. I'm glad to be here still and I would suggest that people be aware of the importance of getting potentially life-saving treatment if overdosing, as not everyone who tries to ride it out is still here to write it up.