Jungle Songs That Make You Stand Up A Dance

ed rush and optical - french kiss
wink.gif

ed rush and optical - french kiss
ooooooh Yeah.... now you are really talking my language...
[This message has been edited by BushMonster (edited 20 June 2001).]

Fuck...where to begin, if i'm feeling funky anything by the man Marcus Intalex. or if i'm fealing evil the one tune that always gets me going is Usual Suspects-Shrapnel.
oh yeah and anything that Loxy spins.

the first song on Dieselboy's 6th Session (I think it's Invid, maybe??")
and i've had Roni Size's Lucky Pressure playing on a loop in my head for the last week

I've been meaning to get onto this for a while and you guys seem the right people to ask.
I've heard a bit of jungle / D&B (is their a difference)over the years but have in no way been a big fan. A friends got a Goldie comp. CD which I don't mind, it's got Doc Scott and Rufige Kru on it that's about all I can remember; but it doesn't blow me away. But all the older jungle I've heard I love, the problem is I don't know the names of any of it. I'm talking about stuff from around 1995-1997 maybe even a bit earlier, it's all really hard and dark, with heaps of stabbing electronic sounds - if that makes any sense. It's probably almost Hardcore some of the stuff I've heard and liked, I'm not too sure. Could you guys point my into the direction of some stuff that might sound like this.
Cheers, Andrew

tech.hard.darkstep jungle is what is blowing up right now... it is the future, it is 'conversion jungle' (it converts everyone i show to it, to jungle)
redface.gif
It is the most complex music you have ever heard... a bitch to mix also
some jump up is worthy... progressive is nice.. and ambiant for the nice long chill nites........
jungle... its whats for dinner

Totally agree on Future-step being the future. hahah.
Yes, jungle is very complex. But It is no harder to mix, than any other genre. It just takes practice.

I completely disagree.
The dark shit is well just that shit.
I dunno maybe the US is different, but here in Australia its the breaks and the groove that is packing out the dancefloors.
DJs like LTJ Bukem, Total Science and Zinc have been drawing the crowds here in Perth Australia.. getting more girls and guys on the dancefloor.
Albums like Tuned In and Plastic Surgery 2 are what its all about!!
smile.gif

If jungle is so easy to dance to, then how come every time i see a jungle DJ play (particularly in the SW ohio area) the majority of the crowd stands around and watches the DJ, or just bobs their heads? if you can breakdance, great...
I like listening to jungle, and i don't mind hearing jungle @ parties, as long as they play other stuff too!
Mixing jungle, especially the dark and hard stuff, is not hard at all...if you want hard mixes, try mixing old skool jungle when they have like 60 second long vocal breaks and the beats are very broken.
for people who say that techstep and whatever is the "wave of the future," open your eyes...that term is getting so cliche; they said it about the chemical brothers, they said it about trance music (a genre i really like), they say it all the time. in a year or two, or maybe even three, something new will come out and a great many people will suddenly start flocking around whatever the hell else is next. don't get me wrong, jungle is cool, but the purists, elitists, and people who think anything not-jungle sucks just piss me off...
l8z...
amh

Can somebody pretty please answer my question re old-school jungle tracks - I'd love to get some on my hands.
Thanks in advance, andrew

just to add a few to the list
Usual Suspects - bodycount
c4c - skewer
c4c - Epox(remix)
dom and roland - parasite
[This message has been edited by Clip (edited 23 June 2001).]

As far as jungle and dancing goes, that's what's so great about jungle-anybody(in my opinion) can dance to it. Unlike trance or house there's not really a steady beat you have to stay with. With jungle you can just basically rock out and do your thing. With house/trance I used to just kind of stand around and nod my head with the beat, but when I got a couple hits of acid in me and dicovered jungle, forget about it. I apologize if this doesn't make any sense but it did while I was thinking it out in my head.

yeah, and the fact that no one can dance to it is really the reason why party-jungle sucks and no really amazing tracks have been produced in a long time.
compare some, say, 95-era tracks with *anything* thats being put out today.. practically every 'jungle' track now is just some recycled "dark" bassline with the same two-step rhythm over it.
that may have been the wave of the future, but people couldn't dance, so they dumbed it down.
i don't think it'll die, cause some ravers seem to need a way to feel badass, and it's all they can do. but if it does, it's because of the damn twostep.
bring that beat back, i want that beat back!
so, elitists, purists, anything-not-jungle-sucks..
yup, yup.

Roaches> Ill take some of todays fast and furous future cut, or dark and dirty ed rush/optical and or loxy/dylan, to anything back in 95.... (give me a few of yer fav tunes) There are countless tech/hardstep tunes that i get chill bumps when i listen to them........ maybe its just me
[This message has been edited by Clip (edited 23 June 2001).]

As far as jungle and dancing goes, that's what's so great about jungle-anybody can dance to it. Unlike trance or house there's not really a steady beat you have to stay with. With jungle you can just basically rock out and do your thing. With house/trance I used to just kind of stand around and nod my head with the beat, but when
weird...people who dance to 4-on-the-floor (house/trance) say the same exact thing about jungle :p the thing it's not like you gotta stay right with the beat, there's plenty else going on to stay with, and most songs have pretty decent syncopation.
bottom line, both styles have different dancing styles, and maybe we all need to show each other some of the finer dancing points of our respective styles. I'd love to learn some jungle fundamentals (since i have to hear it all the damn time ;D), and I assure you house and trance don't take much to dance to; it's not like everyone has to liquid or somethin
wink.gif

bring back the PLUR baby!
p's
amh

Roches - can you please tell me some of the titles/artists from these 95-era tracks. Please somebody, its not really that harder request, what do I have to do, offer people money?

andreww ill try to help you out ,, how bout some hyper on experience, sl2, omni trio, 2 bad mice, baby d, ed rush, remarc, shy fx, (q bass, phuture assassins, boogie times tribe, run tings, rachel wallace..the suburbanbase krew). just a couple there..old skool is dope and underappreciated i believe. harcore elements,stabs present alot on hyper on experience and sl2, and lot of hardcore vocal elements with baby d.
twostep does suck..all you who say the dnb this day is all twostep is wrong though...maybe on the u.s dancefloors.... i mean there are producers i.e marcus intalex, true playaz krew who happen to use 2 step to good effect, but yea, im just as tired as the next person.
dnb these days is at its peak 2001 is the year, the best stuff is coming out this year... and thats just straight up fact. ...... just check out www.dnbmassive.com for some of the freshest dubplates around....lates
i agree

k i didn't read all of this so sorry if someone else said it but MC SKIBADEE - anything by him, he's the man
------------------
So get nasty
Hold your own straight past me
Like an eclipse with a souped up chaseee
Pushin nine D
Creepin Close but im on the gas G
Can you feel me
As you fall in my slip stream
I'll take control of your wheel in your own Dream
Can't you see me
Im your Invy
Look in the mirror im what you cant see.......

song(s) that make you want to beat the crap out of someone:
Accidental Heroes: Fire Alarm
and uh.. that's it.
nothing.. ever.. ever.. EVER will come REMOTELY close to being as sinister, evil and just completely crushing as this track.
And it's not being released.
bwahahaha.
dave