• H&R Moderators: VerbalTruist | cdin | Lil'LinaptkSix

June Recovery Thread

lol same except shooting h in the toilet

lol, same except smoking H in the toilets and unemployed.
Which - trust me - gets less humorous by the second.
I've already stopped though, came clean to my father...which obviously wont help these physical withdrawals however having his support will help the psychological WDs to an extent as its lifted a boulder of shame and stress off my back.

@cj I could feel the pain weaved throughout the wording of your post above. All too often do I feel very much the sane way. I do so dearly wish that me saying something more than I can relate and that I'm detoxing too was possible but for the moment its the best my muddled mind can manage.

50 days, wow. Too bad I had to take a low dose of dxm to reflect. Are psychedelics drugs in you guys' opinions? I think this sort of helps me change my perspective but I could just be rationalizing a slip.

Of course - and in my opinion it shouldn't qualify as a negative/need for concern unless it was your DOC and you're using again.
Do you mind my asking what your DOC was?

Anyone else frequent NA meetings? I'm doing 90 in 90 (day 36). This might be something that actually works for me. Getting a good group definitely rubs off on you and for the first time my thinking is actually sounding right again.
I go to 4-5 Na meetings a week, and have for years! I find them to be very helpful and enjoy the fellowship and the ability to help other people, just as people helped me when I came in. Drugs are just a symptom of other problems for me. So stopping just left me Clean and Bat shit crazy, NA helped me to find and live a wonderful life! Now it takes a lot of Hard and Humbling work on ones self ( many do not want to do the work,and they pat themselves on the back for being drug Free. But that was nor t enough for me, I wanted to be a better person, and NA has helped me to get there and continues to help as Lifes problems continue to come up and get harder..
ICE

Ugh... Fell into a 4 day alcohol relapse. 3rd day dry and still not feeling "recovered", and now having what feels like liver pain off and on all day. I was doing good for 4 or 5 months.

Nutty I sent you a PM. Cheer up buddy, there's better days ahead and you're worth it. Take care, I'm here if you ever want to talk.

Of course - and in my opinion it shouldn't qualify as a negative/need for concern unless it was your DOC and you're using again.
Do you mind my asking what your DOC was?

Mine was stimulants, preferably meth. I'm 50 days clean and sober, not counting a first plateu dxm trip because psychedelia never did much harm

Reactions: CFC
starting my job tomorrow proper shitting myself.

not used to having anxiety and not taking anything for it back is hurting and have had a low level tension headache for days. it goes if i take paracetamol then comes back when it wears off.

good luck chinup! We all get anxious before a new job, don't worry, you'll do just fine! <3

I go to 4-5 Na meetings a week, and have for years! I find them to be very helpful and enjoy the fellowship and the ability to help other people, just as people helped me when I came in. Drugs are just a symptom of other problems for me. So stopping just left me Clean and Bat shit crazy, NA helped me to find and live a wonderful life! Now it takes a lot of Hard and Humbling work on ones self ( many do not want to do the work,and they pat themselves on the back for being drug Free. But that was nor t enough for me, I wanted to be a better person, and NA has helped me to get there and continues to help as Lifes problems continue to come up and get harder..
ICE
Thanks ICE. That is my experience JFT.

thanks guys! everything that could go wrong did but i remained cheerful. for example i didn't get given a staff card cos i was a student there over 10 years ago so their system didn't say i needed a new card cos apparently my decade out of date student card gets me into buildings that are out of bounds to students in a completely different department. i got most shit sorted.

and i've not forgotten how to do basic command line stuff which is a massive relief.

hope everyone in here is doing good.

Things are going well here! hope you guys are ok

Things are going well here! hope you guys are ok

awesome!!! i'm so pleased.

i'm knackered by work but its OK so far. don't have any real work to do yet but lots to get up to speed on. i got my supercomputing login today so i can start to have some fun!

I keep fucking up at work. I am trying as hard as i can. I am sober. I am working hard as ive ever worked. Yet i still keep fucking up. Ive wrecked 3 cars in 7 shifts. I just dont know wtf is wrong with me. I cant seem to avoid lapses in concentration at bad times. Obviously i am losing the job. I just dont know when things are going to get better. Every time i get momentum i fuck shit up. I cant even blame drugs this time

Been back to my being healthy routine. That last relapse was brutal! Took me a good week to recover. Now even if I have a drunk day here or there it takes me like 2 days to recover. Guess my body just can't handle it any more. Anyone else relate?

Last edited:
Got admitted into a psych-ward here where I live. Been in this joint 3 weeks hoping for my release in the days to come. Was told by family and psychiatrist that I was experiencing paranoid psychosis from a speed trip(def won’t be using that again). They put me on 4mg Suboxone, one anti-depressant and an anti-psychotic for the voices I had heard. I plan on moving out of this City I’ve been in for so many years after my release from this psych-ward. Was taken in against my will and had my civil liberties stripped from me. I’m very hopeful and positive for the days to come. It was about time that a shift in the Universe was to occur. I’ll be known as an opiate-head and overall drug-head on my Medical records wherever I go, but it won’t be so bad. The choice to stop using comes from ourselves.

Last edited: