View threads about
    Posting Rules Bluelight Rules
    Drug Busts Megathread Video Megathread

Juice WRLD actual cause of death?

Status
Not open for further replies.

X11400

Bluelighter
What really killed Rapper/Singer Juice WRLD? The news reports say that he seized from an oxycodone overdose but I thought that oxycodone and similar opioids raised the seizure threshold. Even though I don’t know the guy, I’m still curious as to what the actual cause of death was for this man.

Juice WRLD's death ruled accidental oxycodone and codeine overdose
André Wheeler
The Guardian
January 22nd, 2020
The rapper Juice WRLD’s official cause of death has been ruled an accidental overdose. The Cook county medical examiner’s office cited toxic levels of codeine and oxycodone in Juice WRLD’s system in the ruling, released on Wednesday.

“Higgins died as a result of oxycodone and codeine toxicity,” the office wrote in a statement. “The manner of death is accident.”

Juice WRLD, real name Jarad Anthony Higgins, died on 8 December. Reports claim he entered a drug-induced seizure after his private jet landed at Chicago’s Midway airport, where police and federal agents confiscated weapons, pills, and over 70lb of marijuana. Higgins was temporarily revived with a dose of the opioid antidote narcan but died at a hospital shortly after. He was 21 years old.
Read the full story here.

It may not be directly related, but I have read studies indicating that certain morphine alkaloids (for instance, oripavine, thebaine, codeinone, or 6-acetylcodeine) can indeed cause seizures.

Oxycodone is documented as possibly causing seizures or exacerbating epilepsy in some people. There are also studies that point to codeine having a similar effect. It may be genetically linked, because seizures as a side effect seems infrequent. It seems reasonable to me to assume it is probably dose-related as well.

References.

It may not be directly related, but I have read studies indicating that certain morphine alkaloids (for instance, oripavine, thebaine, codeinone, or 6-acetylcodeine) can indeed cause seizures.

Oxycodone is documented as possibly causing seizures or exacerbating epilepsy in some people. There are also studies that point to codeine having a similar effect. It may be genetically linked, because seizures as a side effect seems infrequent. It seems reasonable to me to assume it is probably dose-related as well.

References.
I met a guy in rehab who had a seizure riding his bike from a high dose of morphine aswell.

I´ve been taking codeine on and off for years, and as a result at times I´ve had quite high a tolerance. I find that as I pass 1.5g in a single dose, I will consistently get pre-seizure symptoms (heart rate spikes upwards, startle reflex becomes so accentuated that tiny noises will make me jump out of my skin, dystonia and random head jerks). I have had actual full-on seizures from doses of around 1.7+ grams. Needless to say, after a couple experiences with that I learned to never push the dose that high.

But yes, codeine on its own can definitely induce seizures if you take enough. Not sure what the mechanism behind this is. I known Lil Wayne has had several seizures that he blamed on heavy codeine use, some of which resulted in hospitalization.

Lol, himself. His choices. The reaper came for what he payed for. Sad it was a human life that was lost but he had his fill of the earth and couldn’t handle it. With all that money he could of easily got the charges dropped.

I´ve been taking codeine on and off for years, and as a result at times I´ve had quite high a tolerance. I find that as I pass 1.5g in a single dose, I will consistently get pre-seizure symptoms (heart rate spikes upwards, startle reflex becomes so accentuated that tiny noises will make me jump out of my skin, dystonia and random head jerks). I have had actual full-on seizures from doses of around 1.7+ grams. Needless to say, after a couple experiences with that I learned to never push the dose that high.

But yes, codeine on its own can definitely induce seizures if you take enough. Not sure what the mechanism behind this is. I known Lil Wayne has had several seizures that he blamed on heavy codeine use, some of which resulted in hospitalization.
No promethazine?

Lol, himself. His choices. The reaper came for what he payed for. Sad it was a human life that was lost but he had his fill of the earth and couldn’t handle it. With all that money he could of easily got the charges dropped.
Really man RIP to bro but irregardless of what chemical killed him, he clearly didn’t want to be on here any more and you can tell by his music which isn’t always sad but it pretty much accurately displays his personality AFAIK.

What killed the music. Drugs.

purple rainbows and xanax. That's everywhere nowadays.
Wow you added literally nothing but an irrationally based assertion to this thread. I can list you many songs about drugs thought human history dog don’t bait me.

Well he made it passed his average life expectancy, I guess when he forgot the O in his name he took I with him when he died

Honestly who gives a flying fuck if another shitty rapper killed themselves via poor drug choices?

I don't. Social Darwinism.
But it’s da purpz and it makes their auto tune and their audiences doing it too so their always too fucked up to notice this rap now a days has like 5 words in it

you could say the same thing about grunge and heroin in the 90s ... pretty much any era really
I don’t really feel much about that either. It’s a shame people OD on any drugs and die but it comes with the territory. In particular I don’t feel sad when wealthy people die from drug ODs because I cannot fathom why they would be committing suicide in the first place.

In particular I don’t feel sad when wealthy people die from drug ODs because I cannot fathom why they would be committing suicide in the first place.

Money doesn't buy happiness man. There's many rich people in this world who are still depressed. Mental illness doesn't care about your bank balance.

Can we get back on topic though instead of putting our own two cents in here on Juices character/quality of music?

At least we dont have to be subjected to his shitty 'music' anymore.

Every cloud and all that... :D
All your opinion however, many would disagree with you on that front.

Well, I mean this is the truth. We live, what I call ''Silent Age''. I mean, man, right. Right, shit. Listen, this silent age will never stop. It's called evolution, we accepted that things have to evolve, we have to move forward but why the wrong way? Somewhere the tectonic plates shifted the wrong way, now we're stuck in the wrong environment/landscape. No wonder people die everyday, huh. This is what they tell us to do, by us I mean teenagers and even adults, there are adults out there who can't make the difference between music & reality. It's wow from any point, at least for me. We can't end this, I don't feel sorry for artists who pass away, I don't feel any remorse. Have they feed my kids? No, have they feed your kids? Didn't think so. Have they helpt us? Haha, it's laughable. Blank spots.

Why should I think something like this? For the sake of who and what? You want science? You want what? You want to find more about him, call his parents. Not us. We as Google we've told you before. D R U G S

Dot.

Well, I mean this is the truth. We live, what I call ''Silent Age''. I mean, man, right. Right, shit. Listen, this silent age will never stop. It's called evolution, we accepted that things have to evolve, we have to move forward but why the wrong way? Somewhere the tectonic plates shifted the wrong way, now we're stuck in the wrong environment/landscape. No wonder people die everyday, huh. This is what they tell us to do, by us I mean teenagers and even adults, there are adults out there who can't make the difference between music & reality. It's wow from any point, at least for me. We can't end this, I don't feel sorry for artists who pass away, I don't feel any remorse. Have they feed my kids? No, have they feed your kids? Didn't think so. Have they helpt us? Haha, it's laughable. Blank spots.

Why should I think something like this? For the sake of who and what? You want science? You want what? You want to find more about him, call his parents. Not us. We as Google we've told you before. D R U G S

Dot.
I don’t quite understand your ramblings. My post was intended as a question out of pure curiosity.

Status
Not open for further replies.