• H&R Moderators: VerbalTruist | cdin | Lil'LinaptkSix

Tapering Journey from rc opioids to heroin to oxy and now subutex - what to expect?

Thank you SO MUCH!
That piece of information is HUGE for me.
I will not be able to continue with these unless I can get the headaches under control.
I see my doctor tomorrow and I will ask about that.

You have been such an invaluable help to me during this time @Nurse Ratched
Thank you and God bless you!
❤️
My pleasure and I am really happy that your morphine > sub transition wasn't too stressful.

My pleasure and I am really happy that your morphine > sub transition wasn't too stressful.
Me too.

The stressful part was having my doctor just up and retire and not being able to find another doctor who would take me.
Then running out of morphine and gabapentin and spending 8 days in hell withdrawals from those.

Starting the suboxone after that was a huge relief.
AND....it showed me that the morphine was causing ALOT of the pain I am having. It turned on me. After so many years.
I am also pleasantly surprised that I just want OFF!
If I could get back to no opioids, that would be great with me!
That is a MIRACLE!
Never thought I would say that.

Doing pretty good.
Cooked breakfast for everyone.

I was just saying how I could go places now!
My pain level is way better.
My brother surprised me with, “well, I just bought a suite in Trump Towers in Las Vegas and you can pick some days to go stay.
😊😊😊

🙏

Thank you SO MUCH!
That piece of information is HUGE for me.
I will not be able to continue with these unless I can get the headaches under control.
I see my doctor tomorrow and I will ask about that.

You have been such an invaluable help to me during this time @Nurse Ratched
Thank you and God bless you!
❤️
I also used to take Suboxone and hated those headaches, they went on almost the whole day, i hated those bastards. After a while they disappear but i had a couple of friends that made the switch to subutex and they didnt get any headaches. Take care.

I also used to take Suboxone and hated those headaches, they went on almost the whole day, i hated those bastards. After a while they disappear but i had a couple of friends that made the switch to subutex and they didnt get any headaches. Take care.
Thank you guys.
I got switched to Subutex, and no headache.
That is very good.
The doctor gave me some zofran for nausea also.
I am feeling much better.

Even though I am really tired. I have not slept well.
I need to go eat and then Take a nap.
Overall Day 6- switch from 90 mg morphine to suboxone and now subutex.....I feel way better in ALOT of ways.
My pain level is way down!
Depression level- Good, Happy, Hopeful!
I feel like I am getting my life back!
🙏

Made the jump to Subutex on Wednesday morning due to the Royal Mail being useless and forcing the issue. That was a hard bump, two days of being pretty much incapacitated had to tell work I have the flu which is fine as loads of people seem to have it right now. Found I needed 8mg to finally steady me. I waited about 18 hours before taking 4mg to begin with. I had been fiending H (smoking) the week prior due to running out of Oxy which was really not good.
Feel like the weight has lifted a bit today and colour is coming back into life this is day four. I know from this point onward every day will get a bit better.

Doing pretty good here.
”Feels like the color is coming back into life” quoting @DennyCrane
Yup, that is how things are feeling for me too.
I am sleeping through the night now...mostly.

Still needing huge doses.
I will keep trying to cut it down a little at a time.

The constipation is way bad. ;(

Doing pretty good here.
”Feels like the color is coming back into life” quoting @DennyCrane
Yup, that is how things are feeling for me too.
I am sleeping through the night now...mostly.

Still needing huge doses.
I will keep trying to cut it down a little at a time.

The constipation is way bad. ;(
Made the jump to Subutex on Wednesday morning due to the Royal Mail being useless and forcing the issue. That was a hard bump, two days of being pretty much incapacitated had to tell work I have the flu which is fine as loads of people seem to have it right now. Found I needed 8mg to finally steady me. I waited about 18 hours before taking 4mg to begin with. I had been fiending H (smoking) the week prior due to running out of Oxy which was really not good.
Feel like the weight has lifted a bit today and colour is coming back into life this is day four. I know from this point onward every day will get a bit better.
I'm day 1. Again. It fuckin sucks bad. Can barely type for the restless arms. I only have codienes to take away the agony. Absolutely zero chance of scoring. Am waiting 48 hrs before pinching some of fellas sub's as I've been thru pwds too many times and if wds are bad pwds are worse. I hate myself for running out and I just want skag so fucking bad. Gonna have to fly tomoro and that will be hell. I just want to die right now.

Subutex has worked wonders for me but the only problem is getting hold of it on the markets etc. I was going to run out of the stuff again and my only option would be heroin to substitute for it if I ended up in withdrawal, which I really didn't want to end up doing. With Christmas and postal strikes causing issues, I opted to visit the local community drop in for addiction and was assessed there initially by a counsellor and then by a prescriber who were a little surprised that I'd gotten myself into Subutex and how much I knew about it.

Anyway I had to do a pee test to prove I had drugs in my system and then they prescribed me 4mg Espranor per day which I have to take in the local pharmacy which is thankfully only a short walk away. It was a simple process and they were really nice people. That's 1/3 of the dose I've been taking as I was using 4mg sublingual bupe 3x times a day although I reckon I could have cut that down. Apparently the Espranor has higher bioavailability than Subutex. Once a day isn't ideal as I'm very used to dosing pretty much the moment I wake up but it is what it is. They'll give me the scripts to take away over Christmas with the holidays and I'm due back for assessment in January.

So there's some progress, it's a long way from the place I was with RC M30s, oxy and then H.

Subutex has worked wonders for me but the only problem is getting hold of it on the markets etc. I was going to run out of the stuff again and my only option would be heroin to substitute for it if I ended up in withdrawal, which I really didn't want to end up doing. With Christmas and postal strikes causing issues, I opted to visit the local community drop in for addiction and was assessed there initially by a counsellor and then by a prescriber who were a little surprised that I'd gotten myself into Subutex and how much I knew about it.

Anyway I had to do a pee test to prove I had drugs in my system and then they prescribed me 4mg Espranor per day which I have to take in the local pharmacy which is thankfully only a short walk away. It was a simple process and they were really nice people. That's 1/3 of the dose I've been taking as I was using 4mg sublingual bupe 3x times a day although I reckon I could have cut that down. Apparently the Espranor has higher bioavailability than Subutex. Once a day isn't ideal as I'm very used to dosing pretty much the moment I wake up but it is what it is. They'll give me the scripts to take away over Christmas with the holidays and I'm due back for assessment in January.

So there's some progress, it's a long way from the place I was with RC M30s, oxy and then H.
Good Work!
Well done!!
I am really proud of you for getting that done.
That is some progress, 👍

I got the flu so...I cannot tell what is going on with me. I feel like shit.
But, I have been continuing the suboxone.
I couldn’t get Subutex due to the pharmacy not having it!
The pharmacist told me that I am going to have to find a compounding pharmacy, as they are not getting their shipments.
That is scary news.

I am hoping to be pleasantly surprised at how good I feel after I get well from this horrible flu.
My doctor prescribed me to take 8 mg 3 times a day.
Right before I got this flu, I was just taking it once a day. I wanted to see if it honestly worked for that long.
It did. However, I woke up needing it right NOW!
I had found it was better for me to take it in two doses.
Morning and evening.
That way I didn’t wake up in so much need.
Breaking the habit of taking it 3 times a day (as I did with morphine) was progress. I think.