Posting Rules Bluelight Rules
    Drug Busts Megathread Video Megathread

News Jordanian military kills 27 in shoot-out with Syrian smugglers

dalpat077

Bluelighter

Jordanian military kills 27 in shoot-out with Syrian smugglers​

Al Jazeera
27 Jan 2021

The Jordanian troops have killed 27 suspected smugglers attempting to enter the country from neighbouring Syria, they said, adding that some others also carrying drugs fled back into Syria.

Read the full story here.

Last edited:
Narcotics control - Arab style. If anything proof positive that banning and outlawing of substances is a futile exercise anywhere. Because if you had asked me just out of the blue where on the planet I thought it'd be difficult to score ANYTHING I would have instinctively said the Gulf States. But then I don't get out much! Apparently I'm misinformed or extremely naive (probably both).

Also that sanctions don't work. According to an interview now on the BBC Syria and Lebanon could put a stop to this but seeing as they're sanctioned to shit they need the income this stuff is generating. Own goals being scored all around looks like.

Unfortunately this may just increase violence as next time the smugglers may just come heavily armed to protect its shipment or the lure of black market profits will end in corruption.. same as it ever was