• Select Your Topic Then Scroll Down
    Alcohol Bupe Benzos
    Cocaine Heroin Opioids
    RCs Stimulants Misc
    Harm Reduction All Topics Gabapentinoids
    Tired of your habit? Struggling to cope?
    Want to regain control or get sober?
    Visit our Recovery Support Forums

Opioids IV'ing Dilaudid and my veins that suck.

boomhs

Bluelighter
This thread is more about my body/veins but i put it in this section because it seemed the only really near appropriate.

I've been using small doses of H/oxy/dillies for a few years now, few times a year (e.g. in a year i get 15 dillies then later on 15 oxy, the next one 1g of H and months later some dillies.)
Now my problem is my veins SUCK. They are hard to find, to register and bruise instantly like i've been mini punched on the spot. Nurses told me in occasions where i drew blood or something they really are bad.

After almost 1 year w/o touching drugs i just got 20 dillies 4mg. I'm IV'ing and the thing is even when i fail to register, the sole pinch of the needle makes the spot swollen immediately. The best spot where i shot was a vein that popped out on my hand, i managed to get some shots there always, now i hit it (failed to register) and it's big and hurts on touch. Also when i register i feel a burning sensation down the vein when as the drug flows by sometimes.

Maybe something i'm taking is making me allergic? I know the product is legit... I take stuff for depression/slight epilepsy for years. Daily dosages -> Diazepam 20mg; Sodium valproate 100mg; anafranil 150mg. Oh and i scored some Subutex right before i got this dils, maybe it's still in the blood?

I'm going to the pharmacy now to buy something for allergies. Regards.

You occasionally shoot dillies and heroin, but don't have a problem? Okay, sure.

Diazepam at 20mg / day is going to kill or nullify most of your opiate rushes

You occasionally shoot dillies and heroin, but don't have a problem? Okay, sure.

Not that "U do drugz ur addicted 100%" again please. Yes i've proven i can do it, sure it helps that my dealer delivers through mail, sometimes i use darknet (good ol' SR rip) and isn't a neighbor selling me cheap.
I am prone to alcoholism tho. Everyone is different.

Benzos INCREASE opiate effect, but shouldn't be mixed since both are downers. I'm not sure how you can be in these forums with 1.600 posts and say nonsense. Anyway i have built resistance to benzos, they do nothing for me. But seriously dude.

I cant say for sure but from my sonewhat limited experience abd what you drscribe it sounds like youre poking right through the veins. I bruise incrediby easy myself. if there is bruising or swelling that means youre causing trauma and blood is leaking out from the vein into the surrounding tissue. If you fail to register NEVER push the plunger, thats super idiotic. i can understand the desperation but youre not going to get high and only end up with a lump that could quite possibly turn to an abcess or worse.

i dont have the greatest technique myself but it sounds like you really need to work on yours.. and if the veins are blowing up it sounds like you're pushing the plunger way too fast.

I cant say for sure but from my sonewhat limited experience abd what you drscribe it sounds like youre poking right through the veins. I bruise incrediby easy myself. if there is bruising or swelling that means youre causing trauma and blood is leaking out from the vein into the surrounding tissue. If you fail to register NEVER push the plunger, thats super idiotic. i can understand the desperation but youre not going to get high and only end up with a lump that could quite possibly turn to an abcess or worse.

i dont have the greatest technique myself but it sounds like you really need to work on yours.. and if the veins are blowing up it sounds like you're pushing the plunger way too fast.

Thanks for the imput but you got it wrong, when i don't register i pull out immediately. And i know i didn't register because i couldn't draw blood, not because i pull and it hurts.
I have decent technique really. Also in the rare occasions we all hate where in middle of pushing in the needle somehow gets out of the vein i immediately stop and find another place.

Probably not related but i got a recent tongue afta, that managed to inflame my gingive, now left ear hurts. Is it possible this all means my immune system is not well or something? I do eat little and live a sedentary life...

You don´t need to add Diazepam. It would be useless IMO/E.
Dillies with heroin??

You don´t need to add Diazepam. It would be useless IMO/E.
Dillies with heroin??

He didn't understand my phrasing. You should NOT combine downers but they build off each other. I started drugs after i was resisting benzos (depression issues since teen), but now i'm taking them for years so they do nothing. I want to quit benzos since they mess with memory and i miss taking them when i needed to chill and them working.

Anyway now i have an inflated throat and ear from the tooth that came from the tongue afta... Maybe random, prolly is. I'm using long time ice contact on the spots that get swollen, it looks much better after.

I don't mix them he phrased it like that. I said i've taken opiates and opioids and uppers and downers over the years, but only had semi addiction problems with

He didn't understand my phrasing. You should NOT combine downers but they build off each other. I started drugs after i was resisting benzos (depression issues since teen), but now i'm taking them for years so they do nothing. I want to quit benzos since they mess with memory and i miss taking them when i needed to chill and them working.

Anyway now i have an inflated throat and ear from the tooth that came from the tongue afta... Maybe random, prolly is. I'm using long time ice contact on the spots that get swollen, it looks much better after.

I don't mix them he phrased it like that. I said i've taken opiates and opioids and uppers and downers over the years, but only had semi addiction problems with

I'm telling you that benzos dull the opiate euphoria and high / rush. They just do man, they add to the sedation but kill the high man.

And I'm not trying to come off as judgemental, I have my own problems with drugs lol, just being realistic though. Maybe you don't have a problem and have great self control. How often do you use

Thanks for the imput but you got it wrong, when i don't register i pull out immediately. And i know i didn't register because i couldn't draw blood, not because i pull and it hurts.
I have decent technique really. Also in the rare occasions we all hate where in middle of pushing in the needle somehow gets out of the vein i immediately stop and find another place.

Probably not related but i got a recent tongue afta, that managed to inflame my gingive, now left ear hurts. Is it possible this all means my immune system is not well or something? I do eat little and live a sedentary life...

Okay my bad, was just how I read what you wrote and was mistaken. I thuoght when you said "now i hit it (failed to register) and it's big and hurts on touch." that you meant you shot into the vein ala hit it, without registering.

Honestly, if you know you're not poking right through or blowing out veins then you may have some sort of medical condition. I don't drop this on the net much since I fucking hate it, but I have a genetic connective tissue disorder that makes my skin more elastic and results in really easy bruising.

I was trying to hit some of the smaller veins in my arm as practice so I could start rotating more (I do coke so 10-15+ shots in a session). First two I got in the vein nicely, registered, but as soon as I started pressing I got a massive stinging pain. I know the needle didn't slip out, all I can gather is that perhaps my angle of entry was too shallow and I sort of cut the vein open which as soon as I went to push stuff in, it leaked out of. Another idea in my head is that I simply just didn't have the needle in the vein far enough, and the pressure was causing a blowout around the needle entry point. I go slow as hell, but with a smaller more fragile vein and my condition its possible. I hit the same vein again but this time had a perfect injection and the major diff was that I made sure the needle was at least 1/4" into the vein. theres a nice black bruise around both of the two fail attempts.. I applied pressure after each too. Thats just how fragile my shit can be.. which is why I said maybe work on the technique a little more, be calmer, I know its easier said than done but it does help. I know people here say to forgo the tourni if you can, but realistically you risk poking through because theres less tension on the vein and no matter how sharp the needle theres still some pressure needed. with the veins all swollen nicely you can ensure not only that you're in but its pretty easy to feel when its in the vei cause the needle should be able to move in further with ease. I guess thats where the experience part comes in.. Im no pro but getting there. I gotta stop hitting the easy go-to veins I have

I've never shot what you're talking but the only time I've experience shooting pain along a vein was shooting some really caustic RC. Not sure what your filtering technique is but maybe you're getting way too many small particulates in there?

Sorry I can't give you anything more, but hey at least I'm not bitching at you about your drug choices

I'm telling you that benzos dull the opiate euphoria and high / rush. They just do man, they add to the sedation but kill the high man.

And I'm not trying to come off as judgemental, I have my own problems with drugs lol, just being realistic though. Maybe you don't have a problem and have great self control. How often do you use

Honestly bro I'm not sure why you've decided to attack this guy? He asked a question, he could have left out the drugs he was doing entirely. His first post doesnt say he doesnt have a problem, and by the sounds of it his use is pretty damn limited, but who fucking cares?

Okay my bad, was just how I read what you wrote and was mistaken. I thuoght when you said "now i hit it (failed to register) and it's big and hurts on touch." that you meant you shot into the vein ala hit it, without registering.

Honestly, if you know you're not poking right through or blowing out veins then you may have some sort of medical condition. I don't drop this on the net much since I fucking hate it, but I have a genetic connective tissue disorder that makes my skin more elastic and results in really easy bruising.

I was trying to hit some of the smaller veins in my arm as practice so I could start rotating more (I do coke so 10-15+ shots in a session). First two I got in the vein nicely, registered, but as soon as I started pressing I got a massive stinging pain. I know the needle didn't slip out, all I can gather is that perhaps my angle of entry was too shallow and I sort of cut the vein open which as soon as I went to push stuff in, it leaked out of. Another idea in my head is that I simply just didn't have the needle in the vein far enough, and the pressure was causing a blowout around the needle entry point. I go slow as hell, but with a smaller more fragile vein and my condition its possible. I hit the same vein again but this time had a perfect injection and the major diff was that I made sure the needle was at least 1/4" into the vein. theres a nice black bruise around both of the two fail attempts.. I applied pressure after each too. Thats just how fragile my shit can be.. which is why I said maybe work on the technique a little more, be calmer, I know its easier said than done but it does help. I know people here say to forgo the tourni if you can, but realistically you risk poking through because theres less tension on the vein and no matter how sharp the needle theres still some pressure needed. with the veins all swollen nicely you can ensure not only that you're in but its pretty easy to feel when its in the vei cause the needle should be able to move in further with ease. I guess thats where the experience part comes in.. Im no pro but getting there. I gotta stop hitting the easy go-to veins I have

I've never shot what you're talking but the only time I've experience shooting pain along a vein was shooting some really caustic RC. Not sure what your filtering technique is but maybe you're getting way too many small particulates in there?

Sorry I can't give you anything more, but hey at least I'm not bitching at you about your drug choices

Honestly bro I'm not sure why you've decided to attack this guy? He asked a question, he could have left out the drugs he was doing entirely. His first post doesnt say he doesnt have a problem, and by the sounds of it his use is pretty damn limited, but who fucking cares?

I care. I become really addicted while in denial and wish someone had opened up my eyes to my problem so I coulda taken a step back and got it under control sooner. This is a HR forum and I'm just making an observation. The only reason you guys are getting so upset is because your obviously in denial lol why else would both of you explode from a small comment.

i know im sure im gonna get slack for suggesting this but most my veins have been used up along time ago for like 5 years i always go in the vein on either side of my neck there big easy to hit its almost always a sure hit everytime! just hold ur breath n push out like ur constipated n trying to push out a massive shit n you'll see a vein on either side of ur neck hit it like any other vein. im just letting you know what works for me and how i hit and i barley ever miss going in my neck

If you have an above average BMI, it can make finding good peripheral veins difficult. Would this apply to you OP?

There are people out there who just have bad veins and for better or worse, it can make it practically impossible or unfeasible to pursue intravenous use as a route of administration. In a medical setting, anyone can access a vein, it's just a matter of their tenacity. I believe they use ultrasound to locate veins on people who would otherwise be unable.

There are a lot of FAQ's/Guides available both on BL and on the wider internet, but here are just a few personal tips that most people who IV are probably already aware of:

-Ensure you're well hydrated. Dehydration will cause veins to lay low.
-Use a tourniquet (duh, I know)
-Take a hot shower or bath, try to locate suitable sites while you're in the water.
-Investigate other lesser-used sites like the tops of your feet.

If you have an above average BMI, it can make finding good peripheral veins difficult. Would this apply to you OP?

There are people out there who just have bad veins and for better or worse, it can make it practically impossible or unfeasible to pursue intravenous use as a route of administration. In a medical setting, anyone can access a vein, it's just a matter of their tenacity. I believe they use ultrasound to locate veins on people who would otherwise be unable.

There are a lot of FAQ's/Guides available both on BL and on the wider internet, but here are just a few personal tips that most people who IV are probably already aware of:

-Ensure you're well hydrated. Dehydration will cause veins to lay low.
-Use a tourniquet (duh, I know)
-Take a hot shower or bath, try to locate suitable sites while you're in the water.
-Investigate other lesser-used sites like the tops of your feet.

Nothing like that guys... It's just overall i don't do well with hard drugs. But i have the liver of a bull. I guess it's genetic (my mom bruises easily at minimal contact kinda, my dad has a frail skin as well). Also i lose libido COMPLETELY when on drugs, every bad symptom i get it. Huge body pain when waking up after just like 3 weeks doing it... I have decent health, mid 20's, there's just no particular reason.

I met a guy my age 1 year ago who's life got wrecked by after 5 years of doing it like 3 shots a day (He's still healthy that lucky bastard, just broke on cash and can't touch dope no more). Why? Because he had the PERFECT body/resistance/all of that to heroin. Made lots of money, spend enough to buy a top Mercedes on it. He never lost libido, would just fuck and get high when not working (got him a kid with a woman he confessed to me just liked for the sex with both high).

I think it's a blessing in disguise. It's because of this i only get like 20 pills once or twice a year and go on a small binge. If i was that guy, i'd have gone the same path. Hard drugs suck is the lesson to take i guess.

^It is a blessing. What seems like a great gift (bioavailability increase) at first just causes your tolerance to adjust to the heightened dosage. You're left in essentially the same place you were before starting IV use, except then you really don't have a choice.