• Select Your Topic Then Scroll Down
    Alcohol Bupe Benzos
    Cocaine Heroin Opioids
    RCs Stimulants Misc
    Harm Reduction All Topics Gabapentinoids
    Tired of your habit? Struggling to cope?
    Want to regain control or get sober?
    Visit our Recovery Support Forums

Heroin IV SITES - where's your favorite spot to hit??

JDilla

Bluelighter
well, the title pretty much sums it up!!

personally, i like to hit my right arm (since i'm left handed) but there's this beautiful vein in the crook of my arm that's a little towards the outside. it's a hit every time!

however, i know it won't last forever, especially if i keep going at the rate I am, sooooo i was hoping i could find some new spots from this thread!

1) What's your favorite spot?!?! (easiest hit)
2) What's your favorite spot when you're trying to be a bit more desecrate??!
-e.g. marks on the arms, of course, are easier to see than ones on say, the foot...

I rotate between the two crooks, and this cool offshoot of those two I have visible on each. And If necessary or to allow healing, I use 2 other sites more towards the wrist, the ones where a watch would kinda cover it. Idk if this is enough sites to rotate.. But it works for me, 1 yr, no collapses... Realllllly trying to stick with that.

The answer to this question changes over the years as veins collapse and you're forced to find new spots.

In the beginning, like basically everyone else, the crooks of my elbows were my go to. I basically used those up (stupidly) over and over until they just gave out after a couple years.

Then I switched to the larger veins in my bicep, started hitting the ones in my forearms.

Then when those went I would hit my feet occasionally (not advised) but switched to a couple fat veins in my wrists.

Now the only veins I really have left are in my hands and small ones in my fingers. I've been hitting the vein that runs over the top of the thumb recently.

LOL! Any vein that registers, thank you. IV for long enough and you'll praise the lord for any vein that works!

Yeh for sure, ^^^ 11 yrs ago i was afraid of needles, now literally everywhere has gone, collapsed, shrunk, blocked whatever unusable etc, ive not got any lines or track scars tho which im glad of, mine just seemed to realy start to die off after the first 2 - 3 yrs with me anyway, and its been hard since then, just progresively harder all the time.

And i mean ive used everywhere, now if i want to pretty much garauntee a shot i have to use the groin/femoral area. But do so with a 1ml insuline orange top pin used for the arms and hands and feet, not the traditionaly used ( in England ) 2ml barrel with push on blue or green size tips which to me still look like spears, but if you want to bang up your drugs then you usually do whats required, even if you once thought you'd never do whatever it is. All the time ive gone from place to place each time saying id never progress to injecting in X site, then when the going area has collapsed ive moved on everytime to another area that ive once over said id never touch.

But the cut runs deep tho ey ? But i havnt had many full on lapses realy where ive ended up going back to using daily again in the last couple of years and have spent anywhere from 80 - 90% of the year clean for the last 2 yrs atleast prob more, i pretty much just use a couple to a few times in a month now, as im also on a Methadone prescription aswell. So just dabble now, helps with keeping my tolerance down to actually feel it when i do decide to have some.

1. right hand, large vein on the upper side of the hand
2. left hand, small vein near the smallest finger (or whatever it's called in english, I have no idea)

most my good veins are gone :/

I tend to use the spot on my under forearm, closer to the crook in my elbow, but never my elbow crook. I once had three IV-trained medical professionals not be able to find my vein- which is frustrating for me as I do occasionally mainline. Ups and downs. I once had a friend inject midway between my right hand palm and vein between there, again, not in the crook. my veins are VERY difficult to find and roll so i usually stick the same spot....would rotating spots be better recommend.

The cephalic vein, either as it crosses the thumb or on top of the hand
hand_veins_injectionc.jpg

With good technique it will last a long time and not leave unsightly marks, even though one might worry given that the hand is highly visible