• BASIC DRUG
    DISCUSSION
    Welcome to Bluelight!
    Posting Rules Bluelight Rules
    Benzo Chart Opioids Chart
    Drug Terms Need Help??
    Drugs 101 Brain & Addiction
    Tired of your habit? Struggling to cope?
    Want to regain control or get sober?
    Visit our Recovery Support Forums
  • BDD Moderators: Keif’ Richards | negrogesic

Heroin IV question for a drug I don’t do....

coalbeat

Greenlighter
.....but my friend does. She shoots heroin everyday for 8 months now. She has a very difficult time getting the needle into a vein because they’re too hard or collapsed. I’ve told her to give them a break, but she won’t because withdrawal is so bad. What else can she do other that NOT DO HEROIN? I shoot meth so I’m not being a judgy guy. I just have zero knowledge about heroin other than I don’t like it and I’m glad I’m a tweaker instead. Thanks!!

Apart from rotating injection sites and not doing heroin, the only alternative would be to try a different route of administration like smoking / snorting it instead...

If she wants to stop tell her to get methadone and to learn how to use it because if she keeps shooting dope she will eventually run out of veins and end up shooting in intramuscular (is that a word?) and getting abscesses, or just trying to hit veins in dangerous places. If she cant get methadone, large doses of tramadol have helped me in those cases idk
What I mean is that methadone and tramadol can stop withdrawals altogether

Yea honestly. The only option other than attempting to improve injection technique is getting on methadone.

I've been very fortunate to have lost no veins even after years of heroin abuse, I think more than anything else it's cause the heroin where I live just isn't very caustic or irritating to veins.

It's still surprising to be having that much trouble at only 8 months.

With her not here to answer questions I can only speculate as to why and what she could do.

There is the option of other routes of administration. I don't have much experience using heroin other ways though since I loved IV so much and heroin was too expensive for me to be willing to use it any other way.

But apart form that, and not having her here to ask questions about exactly what she's tried and if she might be able to use other veins, methadone and subuxones the only other thing I can think to suggest.

I am deadly afraid of suboxone I think it is more problematic than it is helpful especially if its withdrawals shes trying to avoid no? And uhh ive rarely known people who iv that are comfortable doing it any other way since the feel will not be as intense at all... but its def better to smoke or snort h than shooting

I am deadly afraid of suboxone I think it is more problematic than it is helpful especially if its withdrawals shes trying to avoid no? And uhh ive rarely known people who iv that are comfortable doing it any other way since the feel will not be as intense at all... but its def better to smoke or snort h than shooting

Yea i didn't get on subuxone for multiple reasons, both cause of my high tolerance and fear of precipitated withdrawal. So I can get that. But it works for some people. I think it just depends on your habit.

If you have a larger habit methadone is probably a better choice.

And yeah, I'd never use heroin any way but IV. I think a lot of it is a psychological drive, much as I have rationalizations why like money.

It's real easy to get hooked to IV in its own right.

.....but my friend does. She shoots heroin everyday for 8 months now. She has a very difficult time getting the needle into a vein because they’re too hard or collapsed. I’ve told her to give them a break, but she won’t because withdrawal is so bad. What else can she do other that NOT DO HEROIN? I shoot meth so I’m not being a judgy guy. I just have zero knowledge about heroin other than I don’t like it and I’m glad I’m a tweaker instead. Thanks!!

Intrarectal route of administration is a good alternative to intravenous for heroin, especially when it has progressed to this point. Depending upon if it's #3 or #4 or fentadope/fentanyl, inhalation and intranasal would be next preferred route.

Black Tar. She’s OD’d multiple times. She been on methadone and subs but I feel it’s the same-ish as me trying to stick with popping adderall instead of slamming clear. Thank you everyone for your advice.

Tell her to get on suboxone, and look into the Sublocade shot, its basically a suboxone shot that slowly releases into your system over a very extended period of time, and absolutely no withdrawal from it when coming off....it leaves your system so slow that eventually you forget your even on it. Feel free to message me if you need any help