• Select Your Topic Then Scroll Down
    Alcohol Bupe Benzos
    Cocaine Heroin Opioids
    RCs Stimulants Misc
    Harm Reduction All Topics Gabapentinoids
    Tired of your habit? Struggling to cope?
    Want to regain control or get sober?
    Visit our Recovery Support Forums

Opioids IV Morphine and IV Heroin

mysafehome01

Bluelighter
Hey, Just a few queries Ive had regarding the two.

So, I've had IV Morphine probably around 30 times in a medical setting due to being admitted to A&E/ ER with shoulder dislocations. Each time they have gave me between 3 - 5 shots of IV morphine which was absolute total bliss.
I've also had 2 shots of IV Fentanyl which again was like going into a magical world of comfort, warmth and happiness, albeit for the duration of the high.

Now I was wondering, purely out of curiosity how does IV Heroin (of good quality) compare to the afrementioned drugs? I have no intention of trying it nor would I have any means to. It's just a thought I've had for quite some time.

Cheers for any input.

J

Speaking from the more chemical/physiological side of things: Heroin is converted into morphine shortly after it's in you, but the process of turning morphine into heroin makes it pass the blood-brain barrier easier, so it typically hits faster and harder than morphine.

(I'm not sure how it would compare chemically to fentanyl since they're very different structures.)

Heroin is very similar to morphine, though morphine causes a histamine release known as the pins and and needles. Fentanyl also feels very similar though the rush is somewhat "cold" not a warm fuzzy morphine/H rush in my opinion. also fentanyl has a very short duration.

Heroin Crosses the blood brain barrier faster then plain old morphine too. in my experience, after a shot of morphine I can dispose of the syringe, clean up etc, then the rush hits about 5-10 seconds after the IV injection is complete, where heroin I feel and taste it as it goes in the vein

Ah that clears a few things up. It's amazing how I can go from absolute agony to bliss in about 5 seconds flat. I've tried oromorph outside of a medical setting and it was terrible to be honest, with its very low bioavailability.

Ever since my first IV morphine experience I've longed for more, ended up stuck on Codeine, Dihydrocodeine & Tramadol. Although they don't even come close in the slightless way.

Heroin is very similar to morphine, though morphine causes a histamine release known as the pins and and needles. Fentanyl also feels very similar though the rush is somewhat "cold" not a warm fuzzy morphine/H rush in my opinion. also fentanyl has a very short duration.

Pretty sure heroin releases histamines as well.

It does, albeit to a much lower degree then morphine does. I'm not sure exactly how that works, but repeated studies have shown that in a clinical setting, diacetylmorphine (heroin) has a much lower histamine based side effect profile vs traditional morphine. I definitely can say from personal experience that morphine produces a much stronger histamine release in me, too. More flushing, more itchiness, and of course the classic pins and needles.

yes ive never shot pure morphine but ive had different types of heroin some causing intense pins and needles and others not so much, so i think perhaps the ones that caused pins and needles degraded into morphine

Definitely possible - were you using tar or powder? Tar usually contains a significant amount of straight morphine since the production process is so sloppy.

Speaking from the more chemical/physiological side of things: Heroin is converted into morphine shortly after it's in you, but the process of turning morphine into heroin makes it pass the blood-brain barrier easier, so it typically hits faster and harder than morphine.

(I'm not sure how it would compare chemically to fentanyl since they're very different structures.)

I believe it's almost like that except that you experience the rush a little before feeling that comfortable euphoric blissful sensation, not much different from what you described but maybe more intense initially - for 20 seconds or so.
I was actually told that this intense feeling comes from the conversion process. But idk for sure.

Last edited:
I think they are much alike, but I guess I would (if trying to describe it to someone who never tried it) say it has the best parts of morphine and fentanyl (it doesn't have as much histamine release as morphine (a bit more than fent though) and has a bit lower of the sedation/body feel of morphine at first (closer to the more energetic high of fent) but also has the better euphoria aspect of morphine (I've found fent can be very euphoric but you have to take a higher/more dangerous dose)). In reality fent IMHO is the most dangerous and addictive of the three with the worst WD symptoms as well (and an extremely fast tolerance). Actually, if someone had to take one of them for recreational purposes and had access to a clean measured source I would say the heroin would probably be the safest as I think it gives the most euphoria (what the person is looking for) in comparison to respiratory depression.

IV morphine doesn't really have a 'rush' in my opinion - it has a 'come up', which is very quick and pleasant, but not a 'rush'. On the rare occurrences that I had to shoot morphine, I'd leave my arm tied off, tight, until the shot was all in, then release it really quickly to try getting the morphine to hit all at once. Eh, it kinda worked I guess. When I had morphine I always wished I had real dope.

Heroin's rush is pretty great, dilaudid's rush is even better. Too bad dilaudid is all rush and that's it, the nod afterwards blows compared to H or morphine.

I'm sure I shot fentanyl laced dope at some point, but having never shot only fentanyl, I have no idea what it's like. I'd imagine that the rush would be quite intense, based on how strongly is binds to the mu receptor.

I never did try it, but I always thought that some combination of H and dilaudid would be the most euphoric shot possible; an ass kicking rush followed up by all that wonderful H blissed contentment.

Heroin's rush is pretty great, dilaudid's rush is even better. Too bad dilaudid is all rush and that's it, the nod afterwards blows compared to H or morphine

dilauded has the most insanely intense rush but I wouldn't say its better than heroin, just more intense. I actually prefer the heroin rush. I don't really like dilauded that much. In fact, I prefer hydrocodone over diluaded but when I have a choice I always get the dilauded because I want to put it in my arm and then I always regret it because the high sucks compared to hydro.

I agree with the above statement about diluadid- I've heard it called "the king of rushes" and I found it to be pretty good (only thing is I'm not a huge fan of shooting pills and it can be hard to compare b/c you might have a tolerance and it can be hard to get enough out of a pill and into a pin to make a comparison to dope- which is much easier to get a large enough dose into the pin).

Other than for pain and anxiety though I've found that the rush is pretty much what I get out of just about any opioid unless the dose is like huge; even when I don't have a tolerance I find other than the rush opioids, for me, are actually a pretty subtle class of drugs (some itching, relaxed, etc.) as opposed to being very intoxicating.

Edit: maybe that was part of why I really went overboard with fent powder- due to its short half-life you can get the rush quite often. With dope I don't even bother taking more until it is really starting to wear off and I am starting to feel sick.

IV morphine doesn't really have a 'rush' in my opinion - it has a 'come up', which is very quick and pleasant, but not a 'rush'. On the rare occurrences that I had to shoot morphine, I'd leave my arm tied off, tight, until the shot was all in, then release it really quickly to try getting the morphine to hit all at once. Eh, it kinda worked I guess. When I had morphine I always wished I had real dope.

Heroin's rush is pretty great, dilaudid's rush is even better. Too bad dilaudid is all rush and that's it, the nod afterwards blows compared to H or morphine.

I'm sure I shot fentanyl laced dope at some point, but having never shot only fentanyl, I have no idea what it's like. I'd imagine that the rush would be quite intense, based on how strongly is binds to the mu receptor.

I never did try it, but I always thought that some combination of H and dilaudid would be the most euphoric shot possible; an ass kicking rush followed up by all that wonderful H blissed contentment.
Not to mention in a medical setting they usually dilute the hell out of the morphine. I've shot a lot of different opiates/opioids and I never liked morphine much but used to love heroin. I know they are extremely similar because heroin turns o morphine but morphine gives me incredible uncomfortable pins and needles through my whole body and dope usually doesn't. I say usually because a coupe of times I've shot that dope that goes straight to your face(I'd think some junkies or ex junkies know what I mean). You get that warm flash with instant itching rushing right to your face. I might not be articulating what I mean correctly I'm a little fuzzy from a few glasses of wine!

Usually when that'd happen, we'd think it was 'cotton fever' - push the plunger down, and instead of the typical rush you feel that horrible unpleasant flushing and heat through your body.

Also, to the guys above, I definitely didn't mean that dilaudid was better then dope to me. I agree that the dilaudid 'high' is really kind of lame compared to most other opiods. After the rush breaks, it just lacks euphoria.

I just found the dilaudid rush to be incredibly intense, more so then anything else I'd ever shot. If I could've combined the rush of dilaudid with the nod of heroin or morphine, it would've been perfect. I was never into stimulants, but I've heard that the rush from shooting coke is even more intense. I can't imagine a more intense rush then from a fat shot of dilaudid, it literally would feel like my head was bursting into flames (flames of pleasure, that is).

The rush from IV coke is more intense in some ways (and I thought that IV ethylphenidate was even more intense in some ways, when properly dosed, than that) but it isn't for everyone. I personally don't really like it unless it is part of a speed ball (and I usually just buy more dope than dope and coke). It is different than opioids- yes, maybe even more pronounced but it doesn't mean you'll like it.

Oh yeah, I was strictly speaking in terms of intensity. I tried coke a few times nasally and hated it. I don't like stimulants at all, besides a cup of coffee or two.

I've just heard stories again and again over the years about how powerful the IV coke rush is.

Did you ever shoot a powerball? How did you feel it compared to the classic speedball? I never did either, just curious to hear your thoughts.

I want to make it clear I don't shoot drugs anymore and I don't advocate people trying it because it's to easy to fall in love with such destructive habit. Saying that I was more of an opiate addict then any other but IV cocaine rush was incredible. You get what they call a ringer and all the sound you hear is distorted and sounds like everything is being bounced off tin walls(ping ping ping). Then you get that rush where your eyes seem to ultra focus and you get the taste of the coke more pronounced then any type of opiate. I'd wake up in rehab and be in cold sweats from shooting coke in my drug dreams.
Also Wants2nod as I stated I think I misrepresented what I was trying to say. Definently didn't mean cotton fever I know that shitty rapid fever,pounding headache,cold chill hell! I think I was trying to say maybe a very strong histamine reaction! Also you are right about the dillies they have an awesome rush but that's about it,no fucking legs! Now mix them with another opiate for injecting and then you might have something!
sorry guys I'm buzzing well off my wine and am going way outside the bounds of harm reduction. Shit,lol I got myself wanting to bang and it's been about a decade. I think it's time to go sleep,goodnight be well!

I've had IV heroin, fentanyl and hydromorphone. Hydromorphone has the craziest feeling rush out of the 3 (most intense), with heroin being the most "pleasant" for me. The heroin rush was still very intense though, just doesn't have the same feeling as hydromorphone.

Fentanyl is alright, not as warm as typical opiates and wears off super fast.