• Select Your Topic Then Scroll Down
    Alcohol Bupe Benzos
    Cocaine Heroin Opioids
    RCs Stimulants Misc
    Harm Reduction All Topics Gabapentinoids
    Tired of your habit? Struggling to cope?
    Want to regain control or get sober?
    Visit our Recovery Support Forums

Opioids IV Loperamide experiment [Experience incoming over the night, progressive]

^^^ this

Its incredibly dangerous and accomplishes nothing...

As dangerous as it is at least there's a pont to people injecting pain pills....

There is literally less than no point in shooting loperamide tablets.

Listen to all of these really smart people! IVing pills is bad enough, but loperamide? You may be confusing it's chemical similarity to things like oxymorphone, but it does not cross the blood brain barrier to my knowledge (correct me if I'm wrong) so you would feel nothing and only be doing damage.

The difference between shooting opioid pills and loperamide is, we know how things like oxycodone, heroinetc act. We know the potency and we know the affinities for the different receptors.
With loperamide we only know that it's structure is somewhat related to methadone, piperidine and pethidine, but we don't know the actual potency and the affinities for the receptors in your brain.
What if it's as potent as fentanyl (I know this is most likely exaggerated and I've read a paper stating that loperamide is around three times more potent than morphine)?
And by inhibiting your P-glycoproteins you don't know how much loperamide gets through the BBB without getting pumped back.
And what if loperamide has a higher affinity to the opioid receptors than naloxone? Imagine you OD and naloxone won't do shit.
Plus loperamide can cause in the worst case lethal heart problems (I know that methadone can prolong the Q/T interval too, but my point is, it's just dangerous)
My point is, it's just to dangerous to fuck with and the reward is negligible.

We're agreed in that point. We really have limited knowledge about using Loperamide in this way. This fact makes it dangerous enough not to do. I thought Loperamide's closer chemical relative was Fentanyl?

I happened to read an article on Pubmed that involved altering Loperamide at a molecular level to enable it to cross the BBB easier. It involved coating the molecule with a PGP altering substance, I think. The result was that the subject experienced all of the classic effects of Opioid use. I forget if it was an animal or a human though and I'm really talking out of my ass here.

I agree that this experiment is probably useless, save for the knowledge angle. All of the work that was put into CWE'ing the pills, buying the pills etc. could have maybe be turned into successfully acquiring a real Opioid. What this is, is a sign of desperation. Sometimes addiction takes us to some pretty low places, but you have to set reasonable limits for yourself if you want to retain your good health. Behavior like this is really stepping over what should be a boundary.

Doing things like, just for instance, trying to inject Loperamide or Bupropion tablets, like I've said, are really a sign of desperation, where the need or desire to get high has trumped all of your ability to reason. When you reach the point where you're ready to potentially have an arm amputated just to catch a buzz, you need to take inventory of yourself. Someone once told me that Zolpidem (Ambien) was amazing for its rush. I was tantalized because I had access to Zolpidem and was at an obvious low point in my life. Then, I went on BL and read about someone who lost their arm for doing the same thing. I wanted to get high and truly didn't give a shit about myself, but I just had to admit that not everything is worth risking for a rush or a buzz. It's just not.

When you reach this point, as others have said, it's a good idea to consider detox or a psych ward visit to clear things up. You're at a point where you are not able to take care of yourself appropriately and need to let others do it for you. It doesn't mean your permanently fucked, but you need help. You can keep doing Opioids for however long you want, but you need to set limits. No one wants to see you die or see you lose a limb OP.

Last edited:
I've done some stupid things in past but I'd rather inject some rats with it and then do writhings or hot plate test instead than injecting myself with it even with "proper" precautions such as micron filtering it before.

We're agreed in that point. We really have limited knowledge about using Loperamide in this way. This fact makes it dangerous enough not to do. I thought Loperamide's closer chemical relative was Fentanyl?

I happened to read an article on Pubmed that involved altering Loperamide at a molecular level to enable it to cross the BBB easier. It involved coating the molecule with a PGP altering substance, I think. The result was that the subject experienced all of the classic effects of Opioid use. I forget if it was an animal or a human though and I'm really talking out of my ass here.

Well, I'm not that good in chemistry and I just took those examples from the German wiki, so it might be wrong.

Yeah they injected loperamide nanoparticles coated with polysorbat-80 into mice
http://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pubmed/9098875

There is currently plenty of research in the field of chemistry dealing with incorporating various chemicals into nanoparticles and coating them with substances allowing them to cross BBB. Still I wouldn't want to use my body as a lab rat.

There was a guy on here years ago that took it further and injected 100mg of loperamide and posted about it. The guy was banned a while back so IDK if he's even still alive. There have also been a few deaths of BLers from taking massive doses of lope with various PGP inhibitors chasing a high (unfortunately I forget their userrnames). Seems such a terrible shame to lose ones life over such an awful compound.

It does have it's use as an anti-diahorrial medicine and can definately alleviate WDs when usued orally (with or without PGP AND CYP-450 inhibitors) but the inherent dangers of this are well publisised.....

I hope the OP is still here regardless of how foolhardy his experimentation was....

Man... I hope this dude is OK. You would think he would immediately report back on the experience if he could... Hopefully he isn't in the ER atm, being rushed straight to the operating room. :(

People overreact a lot.... They are probably to embarrassed to post especially if they have been logged in since then.

Probably not going to post after being ridiculed, but I hope I'm wrong. I bet he's fine depending on what he took as a pgp inhibitor.

I don't think anyone was wrong to say that this is stupid, desperate, etc. But I don't think it's appropriate to jump on the disparagement bandwagon

It is okay to disagree with someone or even dislike a person but is never okay to disrespect, degrade and humiliate that person.

The stupidest thing about this though is that loperamide is barely even soluble in water, 0.00086 mg/mL according to this source, so why bother. I've shot up countless horrible things and been a human guinea pig more times then I can remember, but I always made sure they were water soluble first.

The stupidest thing about this though is that loperamide is barely even soluble in water, 0.00086 mg/mL according to this source, so why bother. I've shot up countless horrible things and been a human guinea pig more times then I can remember, but I always made sure they were water soluble first.

This is true, but misleading. The loperamide freebase form (from which the 0.00086mg/ml figure is derived) is almost water insoluble. The hydrochloride salt that is marketed as immodium has a solubility of 160mg/ml. Loperamide HCL is plenty soluble.

I'm not trying to say this was a good idea though.

EDIT: link to figures for Loperamide salt

OP hasn't been online since his last post, hope he's alright.
If you're reading this, please report back!

Theres probably ten BLers holding a rig with some cloudy green loperamide filtered through a cotton awaiting the results lol....

This is true, but misleading. The loperamide freebase form (from which the 0.00086mg/ml figure is derived) is almost water insoluble. The hydrochloride salt that is marketed as immodium has a solubility of 160mg/ml. Loperamide HCL is plenty soluble.

I'm not trying to say this was a good idea though.

EDIT: link to figures for Loperamide salt

my bad.

Theres probably ten BLers holding a rig with some cloudy green loperamide filtered through a cotton awaiting the results lol....

I sure hope not. But god I can picture that rig vividly.

@ Chase : lmao! Best post so far.

As far as the OP not updating us, I wouldn't get too worked up about it, he's posted 43 x's in 6 years..
Although I'd like to know what pgp inhibitor the cunt used, a few of us tried to get the discussion about prozac + lope, going, but it never took off. Obviously people are going to do this regardless, so it be nice to establish some safe starter doses for pgpi's..

- SS373dOH

^I don't think he even used one, I think he thought that just Iv'ing it will make it past his blood brain barrier without getting pumped back.

has there ever been a productive loperamide thread?