• BASIC DRUG
    DISCUSSION
    Welcome to Bluelight!
    Posting Rules Bluelight Rules
    Benzo Chart Opioids Chart
    Drug Terms Need Help??
    Drugs 101 Brain & Addiction
    Tired of your habit? Struggling to cope?
    Want to regain control or get sober?
    Visit our Recovery Support Forums
  • BDD Moderators: Keif’ Richards | negrogesic

IV fentanyl causing lymphadema and skin reactions

Tasha022110

Greenlighter
I've been an IV drug user 10+ years. Lately, I've been having terrible reactions to the drugs. Last year, the dope I was getting was causing necrosis and severe lymphadema in me, and a few other users. I eventually stopped using that dope and moved onto a different dealers stuff and the symptoms subsided, until recently. Lately, the fentanyl I've been using is starting to give me similar reactions. I have the swelling/lymphadema again, as well as these small, almost pimple like bumps left behind in every injection site. My arms swelling almost immediately after trying to get my rig into a vein (which is becoming increasingly harder due to the swelling.) Has anyone else experienced anything similar or have any ideas as to what the fuck is happening? In all my years of using this has never been an issue until about 2019 up to now. I'll post pics too so you can get an idea of what is happening

Im not an IV user but it seems to me there is something ( cut, filler ) that is added to the product that you are allergic to. I know most users just filter their shots through cotton. Is that what you do? I wonder if you got one of those micron filters if it would help.

What do you mean by necrosis? When i hear necrotic I think of infected tissue. Do you have any open sores? Or just the pimple like things?

So from 2019 to now this has been happening? You have had the edema and swelling for two years?

Back around the end of 19/beginning of 2020 I started getting horrible sores and lymphadema from whatever was in the drugs. I met someone else, and quit using that dope and switched to new stuff and it got better. Then for the past few months, it's all happening again. The lymphadema, the little pimple bumps, and a tiny bit of necrosis, definitely not as bad as last time though. At least, not yet. And since I don't know anyone else who IVs this batch of stuff, I don't know if it's only happening to me or if anyone else is having this issue too.