• Select Your Topic Then Scroll Down
    Alcohol Bupe Benzos
    Cocaine Heroin Opioids
    RCs Stimulants Misc
    Harm Reduction All Topics Gabapentinoids
    Tired of your habit? Struggling to cope?
    Want to regain control or get sober?
    Visit our Recovery Support Forums

Opioids IV Dilaudid Dosage?

etard7007

Bluelighter
Can anyone shed some light on doses of IV dilaudid... its been a while since i have IVed it and i dont really know what to compare it to in strength to other opiates.

my tolerance is very high right now mainly from the Opana ER my PM docs have had me on for some time now. i usually snort 60-80mg to get pretty high, not even a nod tho 8o. i know its pretty high but my pain is so excruciating it dampens the effects.

i guess the best help would be its comparison to IV oxycodone. it usually takes me 60mg minimum to catch a pleasurable high, not too intense but not bad. i usually need 75-90mg to really get a good buzz though.

any info would be greatly appreciated as i want to get the dose right but i dont want to overdo it and be safe obviously. i've read that you have to do a high enough dose to catch the legs that dilaudid has to offer, otherwise it is very short lived.

I found 1mg of dilaudid IV to equate to about 15mg of oxycodone IV (in my own experience).

I am assuming if you need at least 60mg of oxycodone IV'd, you could probably safely do 4mg of dilaudid in a shot.

Since you have a regular opiate tolerance and are in a great deal of pain, you can probably go safely a bit above 4mg per shot for dilaudid, but I think 4mg might be a good starting place.

Basic dosing questions belong in BDD, though I understand why you are asking about this.

Do you feel like I answered your question well enough?

I don't think there's really much you can do as far as dosing highly in order to get the Dilaudid high to last. In my experience with it, it basically goes like this: Amazing rush that causes a warm tingly feeling to permeate through my body, then feeling high for a few minutes, and that's about all she wrote. It's kind of a bummer, don't get me wrong, it's well worth doing, but the high is so short lived that I would never use it daily. Not to mention it'll make your tolerance sky rocket, so be careful with it because if you're really in pain, it's not gonna be fun if all of a sudden your prescribed meds barely do anything to keep the pain manageable.

As far as dosing is concerned, if you have a tolerance like that, you could probably do 8mg at once, but for safety's sake, I would start at 4mg. I used 2mg when I first did it, but I had a low tolerance at that point, so I think 4mg is a pretty safe dose for someone with a tolerance like you have.

Here's the link for the Dilaudid/Hydromorphone megathread http://www.bluelight.ru/vb/showthread.php?t=482108 there's a bunch of information in there that would probably be helpful for you.

I think you will be sorely disappointed with a shot of 4mgs.

I shoot Dilaudid just about everyday.. and Oxy or Opana when I can't get Dilaudid..
If you can handle 90mgs of Oxy, I think you would be fine with 6-8mgs of Dilaudid.

Yes

I shoot Dilaudid just about everyday.. and Oxy or Opana when I can't get Dilaudid..
If you can handle 90mgs of Oxy, I think you would be fine with 6-8mgs of Dilaudid.

This is totally true and if for some reason you have to detox and start fresh do 8mgs to start off with you'll probably puke but man what a rush...good god

just a heads up... i noticed dilaudid tolerance builds kinda fast compared to other opiates. food for thought.

I'd start at 8mg if you are 150lbs or more and have experience with drugs. Especially IV.

Otherwise you'd basically have to waste some to find your dose. However, this is far better than being dead. So start with 2mg and see how you react. I don't think 2mg would kill anyone without an allergy to it.

start with more than 2. There's no way that'll do more than tickle. the 4-8 range sounds about right, but it certainly won't last very long if you've been dosing up on opana for a while, no matter the dose.

thanks for the advice!
WOW, what a rush! it kicked me in the ass for sure. it felt like i rigged up a handful of roxies and then got hit by a train. that warmth running up the spine filling my head, followed by a nice buzz. but then, nothing. not the best choice for pain relief but otherwise very pleasurable. and no worries, i have plenty of experience in opiates and IV. i know my body and i know what it can handle, especially when it comes to IV. 2mg would have been way too low i knew that for sure. i have IVed dilaudid in the past but my tolerance has changed so i just needed to get perspective on what i should do now.

i basically decided that around 8mg would be appropriate. so i prepped 12mg incase i wanted to push a little more for whatever reason (you can always do more) or if i wanted to do it later without prepping it again... i have severe nerve damage in my right arm its partially paralyzed so its such a long and painful process to prep solutions for IV. so i drew up the solution and left behind enough liquid keeping the dose around 8-10mg. perfect dose, thanks!

Last edited:
id always do 2mg to start with dillies. from there if ur not high has balls, you can bang another 2mg. if u have been snorting opana the BA is higher with the IV dillies, so you may be surprised, plus dilaudid is still slightly stronger than opana.

I agree. Captain Heroin, as usual, is wrong. I would say a 10mg shot would catch you a good buzz.

^I can handle up to 160mg of oxycodone, and I get a good rush off 4mg of hydromorphone. The chemicals act differently.

Captain H is being responsible by saying to dose with 4mg. 10mg could overdose the OP. Harm minimization, remember?

^I can handle up to 160mg of oxycodone, and I get a good rush off 4mg of hydromorphone. The chemicals act differently.

Captain H is being responsible by saying to dose with 4mg. 10mg could overdose the OP. Harm minimization, remember?

I agree here. Captain H is pretty damn smart by saying that 4 MG is a good starting dosage.

put some in my vein, because i love it.

id always do 2mg to start with dillies. from there if ur not high has balls, you can bang another 2mg. if u have been snorting opana the BA is higher with the IV dillies, so you may be surprised, plus dilaudid is still slightly stronger than opana.

Opana (Oxymorphone hcl) is 1.5x more potent then Dilaudid (Hydromorphone hcl) mg for mg.

Dilaudid 1.5mg IV = Dilaudid 7.5mg oral

Dilaudid 2mg = Morphine 10mg (oral)

Hydromorphone oral bioavailability is 30% …..offer administered in hospital setting via IV/IM/SC injection bypassing first pass metabolism (being metabolized by the liver) where it achieves 100% bioavailability and is slightly more potent than Diacetylmorphine (Heroin)

Dilaudid HP Fort 250mg pure HCL powder for compounding
Sandoz Pharma - Hydromorphone HP Fort 100mg/per ml in 10ml tiny glass vial (absolutely priceless)

You need pharmaceutical preparations of Dilaudid for IV/IM administration

Oxycodone HCL powder
Diacetylmorphine (Heroin)
Hydromorphone (Dilaudid)
Methadone (Dolophin)

The only Opioids worth their weight in gold.

Demerol I’d love to IV injected 20 years ago while opioid naive due to its euphoric unique properties, being like a Speedball….an Mu-opioid agonist and a DAT/NET reuptake inhibitor (dopaminergic stimulant properties in addition to classic mu-opioid agonist MOA)

Demerol / Oxycodone / Ritalin injectable solution…all in one single 1cc 30ga insulin syringe…..would be pure f@ckn sex after banging that sh!t (as a noobie virgin user)