• Select Your Topic Then Scroll Down
    Alcohol Bupe Benzos
    Cocaine Heroin Opioids
    RCs Stimulants Misc
    Harm Reduction All Topics Gabapentinoids
    Tired of your habit? Struggling to cope?
    Want to regain control or get sober?
    Visit our Recovery Support Forums

Cocaine IV Cocaine - What to do if you miss

For IV, you should always use cold water, because usually the desired drug, cocaine in this example, is freely soluble in cold water. Everything else that it's cut with, while also sometimes water soluble, sometimes aren't AS water soluble at lower temperatures.

Think about it like this with opiates. They are also freely soluble in cold water, so if you crush up some morphine pills and mix it in with cold water, when you filter it, you'll get less particulate matter. Some people mistakenly add heat to make it "dissolve faster", and by raising the heat of the solution, more of the binders/filler/cut/inactive ingredients are allowed through the filter if run through warm/hot.

There is no benefit to using warmer water, it just lets more CRAP that is not your drug get into the solution.

tricomb: I think you misunderstand my question. The question was when I get a bump on my arm from missing the vein, should I run it under cold water/ice or warm water. I would think warm water would be best.

Oh I totally misunderstood. I thought that you were asking what water to use for IV coke.

Warm water definitely. Almost hot.

If you ahve an abcess the best way to take care of it is not putting it on the back burner. Thats the best way for it to develop a serious infection. Be pro-active.

If its just a missed shot, warm water/compress (which does help but not much IMO). Just watch the area.. the pain/swelling should be going nowhere except down. If its larger on day 3 you def have a problem.

Not gonna do it again....are you addicted to any other drug? Because I just used I've cocaine and Roxie 30's to stop doing dope and I wish I hadn't ever gotten the blow, I'm going to see all my good friends at Coachella this weekend and my arms look ten times worse then when I was shooting dope, I iv blow every 20 minutes until it was gone, did 6 grams with a one day break in between, banging coke us shitty because it ducks yo your eye sight and makes you shake and t takes me awhile to hit a vein because I can't focus so I just keep stubbing myself

Not gonna do it again....are you addicted to any other drug? Because I just used I've cocaine and Roxie 30's to stop doing dope and I wish I hadn't ever gotten the blow, I'm going to see all my good friends at Coachella this weekend and my arms look ten times worse then when I was shooting dope, I iv blow every 20 minutes until it was gone, did 6 grams with a one day break in between, banging coke us shitty because it ducks yo your eye sight and makes you shake and t takes me awhile to hit a vein because I can't focus so I just keep stubbing myself

Cocaine is also vasoconstrictive, making it alot worse on your veins in general and also harder to register/stay in a vein/easier to miss. Combined with the short action and compulsive redosing and yeah, it's very hard on your veins.

I think you're both right. When in physical therapy, my therapist told me it's best to alternate cold and hot. The temp difference helps the body to flush out toxins. Wouldn't it make sense that it would also be most effective when one were to miss? Heat brings blood/fluid in and then cold helps to pump it out. Every cycle helps bring in a new batch of fluid & helps speed healing. Any drs or nurses out there that can weigh in?

I have missed Coke shots many times just from being nervous shooting up in a car in an area where I can get arrested in any second all it does is take a few minutes to kick in and you do not get that awesome Rush, as far as risks of abscesses I never had that problem as I was using the crook of my arm, there have been times in my whole arm would turn red and I would have white blotches on my skin but it would go away after an hour. Next time I suggest shooting up in area where you are comfortable and not nervous about getting caught and take your time, believe it or not you have more veins than you think that are not visible however reachable, I once went to project reach to get free needles and I had talked to a harm reduction counsler there and she showed me where I could hit veins that are not visible so please go that Alley and instead of going towards your neck or legs

Maybe swiy could help out by sharing where these hidden but reachable veins are located? Swims been using the crooks since August of this year and they seem to be the only ones that'll flag and hit no probs. The fat ones that Run down the side of the wrist looked good n easy but the left one went into hiding and the other just won't. Tops of hands and wrists are a no right now. Just the crooks being used. Swim needs new ROAs. Please!

I have missed Coke shots many times just from being nervous shooting up in a car in an area where I can get arrested in any second all it does is take a few minutes to kick in and you do not get that awesome Rush, as far as risks of abscesses I never had that problem as I was using the crook of my arm, there have been times in my whole arm would turn red and I would have white blotches on my skin but it would go away after an hour. Next time I suggest shooting up in area where you are comfortable and not nervous about getting caught and take your time, believe it or not you have more veins than you think that are not visible however reachable, I once went to project reach to get free needles and I had talked to a harm reduction counsler there and she showed me where I could hit veins that are not visible so please go that Alley and instead of going towards your neck or legs
Sorry the message I posted above was in response to this one.

i don't know if its the best thing to do when you miss, but i'd load up another half a shot because the letdown would be massive

I was going to say: simple, load another shot as fast as you can and then provide adequate care for said miss. Warm compress, hot shower, etc...