• Select Your Topic Then Scroll Down
    Alcohol Bupe Benzos
    Cocaine Heroin Opioids
    RCs Stimulants Misc
    Harm Reduction All Topics Gabapentinoids
    Tired of your habit? Struggling to cope?
    Want to regain control or get sober?
    Visit our Recovery Support Forums

Bupe IV Buprenorphine (Subutex)?

Methacodone

Bluelighter
Hey guys,

Lots of people tell me IV Bupe is actually pretty euphoric.

I see that the bioavailability of ORAL/SUBLINGUAL bupe is in the 30-39% range..
Snorting I hear is a little higher, I believe in the 50% range?
But IV gives you a 100%, right?

I've snorted my subs, and to be honest it fucks me up.. I can't imagine how IV would be.

I'm sure their are people on here with experience to IV bupe... how is it!?

BTW, people under estimate the strength of Bupe.. it's a SUPER fucking strong opiate.
a Low SL/ORAL BA of a smaller dose of bupe gets long time opiate freaks well (out of withdrawal)!

I love bupe!
and I'm really interested in IV'ing my 8mg pills.

There's probably been aThousand answers to this question but I will give it to you shortly and sweet:
Yes buprenorphine is injectable, however subtext being a pill is full of fillers that are going to clog your veins and gather at your extremities and lungs - just like shooting any pill, wheel filters aka micron filters are always advised when banging pulls.
I'm prescribed suboxone and I inject it and injected it with just cotton several times for about a year before I started using micron filters

Suboxone is different though in the sense that it has less filler - I'd venture a subtext pill weighs 200-400mg and only 8mg is the amount of drugs present- the rest has binders and fillers that unless you have an incredibly thin filter such as a micron filter, cotton ain't gonna catch all the bad shit you don't want swimming in ur bloodstream.

That all being said as a warning, if you still decide to shoot them and want to get high take less than 2mg - preferably 1mg. I take .4mg at night cos im tapering off and have a liquid ampoule and was nodding my dick off. Less is more with suboxone - you shoot the whole 8 it's a waste cos u saturate ur brain with buprenorphine leaving no room for norbuprenorphine- bupes active metabolite that is a full opiate agonist compared to bupes partial status- and full agonists get you high. If you take a small dose u leave room in your brain to let the norbuprenorphine attach to the opioid receptor and not only save on meds but get a lil nod. Might take a while b3fore 1-2mg gets u high but once you lower your tolerance to that point it will. Trust me I'm fuzzy and high as shit as I said off of .4mg of Suboxone cos I tapered really slow to this level from 16mg. And when I banged 16 mg I wouldn't get high. I'd say 3mg is the limit of what might work- but your tolerance to bupe needs to lower to that first - esp if you've been taking 8, 16mg whatever for a little.

Theres no rush from IVing, just a faster on set. Like the previous poster stated, anything over 2 mg IVed is a waste. I wouldn't say the feeling when IVed is anymore pronounced than taking more taking it the correct way. Just need less and like said, there's a ceiling effect.

I love IV bupe.. subutex.. it is fucking nice, with my klonopin and Adderall.. and some weed. good weed... awww... great combo, just the sub and kpin together, is a great feeling IME.. I love it! But the Adderall and/or weed mixed with it, makes it INCREDIBLE! I have been on bupe maintenance for nearly 4 years counting the relapses with oxy I have had, and heroin... but I have been doing nothing but bupe, opioid wise for the past year and a half or so... and I love it IV, or plugged.. don't recommend it! but I cant lie, and say it doesn't feel nice in low dose shots, like <2mg...

I do 2mg shots, 3-4 times a day, and spread them out the longest I can.. the longer I wait, the better I feel, and if I smoke some good bud and take kpins before doing a shot, I definitely get high as fuck! like nodding out drooling high! its crazy how much bud potentiates those 2 drugs.. I would opt for plugging it if I were you! its almost just as good! and it doesn't fuck with your body like IV does.. it is harmless to plug bupe! totally! IV, I am now stuck on bupe, because of IV... I cant stop.. I am an IV bupe addict now, and not afraid to admit it... I wish I stayed plugging or even sniffing it, which is nice as fuck too, but I just had to know.. and when I knew, how it felt, I loved it.. just like any other opioid!

So, I would never tell you to try this.. its just as addicting as the next opiate/opioid is done IV, especially if your someone like me, who gets off on bupe! and likes the feeling. Try plugging, I'm serious, its almost just as good feeling, and has a super fast onset.. much more efficient that sublingual and sniffing it is, not as efficient as IV, but much closer feeling than sniffing/sub'l is.

Can you shoot bupe? Yes
Should you shoot bupe without a micron filter? NO.
Using a micro filter .22 will get rid of 99% of all the harmful binders/fillers? If your gonna IV bupe order
100x syringes
75> .22 nylon of PVDF Micron
Alcohol pads

I feel like you're a kindred spirit Ilove2nod. I've seen you post a bunch of times and your story is very similar to mine, most notably your love of bupe and the way that you use your bupe.

2mg shots, 3-4 times a day is literally what I did for so long. Exact to the details too. Kpins and weed as well.

But onto the OP's question.
I second the guy above me 100%.
Buy some 0.2 micron filters, and a box of rigs if you're going to do this, though I would agree with Ilove2nod, **I WOULDN'T RECOMMEND IT**.
Just simply because as a daily buprenorphine plugger or IR (intrarectal) user, plugging is very very similar to IVing's effect.
There's no "rush", it just hits you in a different kind of way.
But when I IVd bupe, (subutex to be exact), There was very little difference between plugging tbh.

So, i went back to plugging simply because i'm a massive hypochondriac when it comes to blood related shit.

Tl;dr : Just plug em man, less potentially dangerous risks and effects, and very similar to IVing in effect/high.

^Plugging FTW.. But if you are an IV user, like myself, who will stop at nothing to IV any water soluble drug, with a ~100% BA along with it... Then be safe like CruelBri said! I cant lie, I am not the safest of IV users, but I am nowhere nearly as bad as some! I say this because, I have been shooting anything from dope, to coke, to bupe, etc... for years now.. and never have I even seen a micron filter, that from all the info I have read about them, cuts down the risk level and potential of shooting things like bupe, so much! Like I usually always have fresh rigs, I use 1ml, insulin rigs, with a short 8mm tip.. and always have a clean spoon, and clean cool water(anywhere from cold to luke warm is fine, not hot or heated though!), and to filter, some will probably bash me for this, but I use at least 2 tightly rolled q-tip filters, and from the way it looks, its clear as water.. but I know.. it is not! micron filters do a way better job at getting all of the nasty particle left behind in a normal cotton filter out of your solution, and make it much safer, something almost akin to shooting hospital grade, vials of liquid drugs, meant for IV use.. so I have heard! like I said though, never used one before.. also I am very experienced at finding the correct places to shoot.. I have made it a goal to never miss again! though I'm sure I will one day.. it happens.. sometimes with me, but very rarely.. not as much as when I was clueless and just started IV drug use..

Now, I have to agree with the above poster.. in that, plugging is the way to go... seriously.. if I didn't have a needle fixation on top of an IV bupe addiction... I would plug it!! I used to plug it. then I started shooting it, and the whole ritual of shooting is not only less time consuming for me, but it is just different.. everything.. prepping it up, registering, pushing the plunger, and blasting off(well semi blasting off!) that bupe.. it hits me, instantly, especially if I smoke weed right before... it makes the feeling of bupe, feel something like a full agonist opioid! Like straight up nodding off, and well I love to fucking nod off! lol. its my SN for fucks sake! When I made it, I used to really love doing it, with dope.. then over time, on BL I changed my ways, and went through many diff phases in my time on this site, as a user.. but plugging, if you have the time for it, is fucking epic... its almost the same as IV, just no 100% BA and it doesn't hit you AS hard... almost but not quite.. but if I could go back I would.. I am passed the point of no return... and cant stop slamming subutex.. I fucking love it now, and cant make myself do it any other way.. believe me, I have tried many, many times.. and I cant get the will power to pick up the oral syringe and plug it.. and I recently sniffed some, and it was just no where near as good to me..

SO its basically risky as fuck, esp. if you don't have all the proper supplies, which I don't.. I need micron filters, but I cannot get them shipped to my house where I live with my folks, and have them all suspicious.. they know I IV drugs, they have found my rigs numerous times, and they hate it! but they just kind of deny it, and pretend its not happening.. until I stupidly leave out a rig, or a spoon.. or cottons.. or anything IV related.. which I tend to do, on subs, kpins, and weed, because I am usually pretty plastered, and just not thinking... then go do something, and leave my shit out.. that's besides the point though.. be safe if you must.. we cant stop you, but we can try and tell you not to.. and you should try plugging first, before jumping right into IV bupe.. its very addicting! trust me! please just plug it...

Thanks for the input guys.

I knew IV Bupe would be awesome. I mean, you're getting all the BA, 100% or close to it, instead of 30% taking it the way you're 'supposed too' AKA sublingually.

But Idk about the whole plugging thing.. I mean, I've plugged Dilaudid before.. and although the BA from it was awesome.. it just feels weird putting something up there! you know? Just not my ROA of choice.

About the addiction part.. I mean, taking it SL or IV you're still ingesting the drug, right?

I honestly just see it as saving Extra bupe.. 2mg IV I'm sure will feel just as good if not even better than 8mg SL.

Thanks for the input guys.

I knew IV Bupe would be awesome. I mean, you're getting all the BA, 100% or close to it, instead of 30% taking it the way you're 'supposed too' AKA sublingually.

But Idk about the whole plugging thing.. I mean, I've plugged Dilaudid before.. and although the BA from it was awesome.. it just feels weird putting something up there! you know? Just not my ROA of choice.

About the addiction part.. I mean, taking it SL or IV you're still ingesting the drug, right?

I honestly just see it as saving Extra bupe.. 2mg IV I'm sure will feel just as good if not even better than 8mg SL.

Yeah.. while it may be just another ROA, IV, it is still nowhere near as safe, especially if you don't have the proper supplies.. clean needles, preferably micron filters from what others say about them(I have never used them though, so I have no RL experience with 'em.) but I use the next best thing, which is tightly rolled q-tip cotton balls.. I usually wet them, and roll them tight as fuck with my fingers into a tiny ball, if you've shot pills... you already know... clean hands and injection sites, and clean spoon, and whatever it is you use to tie off, make sure that is also clean as possible.

I cant lie, it is most definitely the most efficient nice feeling way to do bupe... but it is very addicting, bupe is already addicting, but IV bupe, for me... is fucking mad addicting, mentally and physically, as if it was IV oxy or something... I don't recommend and never will, to anyone considering it.. but all I can say, is if you don't like plugging, or the other ROAs too much, and your curious about shooting it, like I was... you probably will! We cant stop you, you will do what you want! So if you do start just know, its just another drug addiction, bupe or not, I mean it beat shooting dope! for sure.. it is way safer OD wise, and all of that.. and its easy af to get prescribed to, so that's another plus, you save money... so yea it is better than the alternative of slamming full agonists.. but still, not good at all for you.. subutex, is the best pill form of bupe to shoot, by far though... don't shoot the strips, that is bad! really bad! I had a friend who did this, daily, and almost lost an arm from a missed shot of that nasty shit... subutex FTW! Whatever you decide to do man, be safe!

If you insist on IV use 100% isopropyl alcohol. The bupe wll appear as white/opaque beads. Taking care to separate the drug as the binders will be be in liquid form. The ISO will dry rapidly or by using short cycles in the microwave. Be patient and their will be essentially no loss of the buprenorphine.

IVing bupe with iso alcohol? why not use sterile/clean water? That's what most people, like me, do. I don't see how isopropyl alcohol, to make the solution could be helpful??? I'm sorry, bukweat, not trying to be a prick, just don't get your post! honestly.. what exactly would the isopropyl alcohol do for IV bupe, other than using it to wipe your arm pre-shot?

Are you saying do this, pre shot, to clean the pill? purify it? I have never heard of doing this with pills... If so elaborate, please.. I'm interested in reading more about this!

Last edited:

I mean, it probably could be argued that the point of something like bupe for maintenance is to move the patient away from bad habits...like slamming drugs up their arm and/or any other readily available set of veins, for instance...

I would imagine that's why some maintenance drug formulations are difficult to abuse intravenously, like liquid methadone for instance

If you're just a recreational opiate user and like to shoot up, that's cool, I don't judge that. Why should I, I've shot drugs before, bupe included. Bupe in particular just seems really weird to shoot to me, for some reason...I've only done shots in ranges from 1-2 mgs but I've never gotten any rush from it. No rush = no reason to shoot, IMO. You do get away with getting more "bang for your buck" with a lower dose, but if I could comfortably support a buprenorphine prescription I would never bother injecting this drug.

The binders, fillers will become a solution easily drawn /siphoned off leaving the bupe and someI ISO. This can be left to evaporate or sped up using a microwave in 2-3 second cycles.

^didn't know that! That's cool... though, I am not going to do this.. as I don't want to fuck up, and have my bupe destroyed! I feel like its something that could easily fuck up the pill if done wrong, in the slightest.