• Select Your Topic Then Scroll Down
    Alcohol Bupe Benzos
    Cocaine Heroin Opioids
    RCs Stimulants Misc
    Harm Reduction All Topics Gabapentinoids
    Tired of your habit? Struggling to cope?
    Want to regain control or get sober?
    Visit our Recovery Support Forums

Misc I'v ambien

Angiedevall

Greenlighter
Sorry if I'm in the wrong spot. I have used ambien by iv before but not sure if I am doing it right. Any one know how exactly?:?:?

Don't do it at all, the oral Bioavailability is high enough and people have lost limbs by shooting ambien. Just don't do it
If you insist on shooting it, use a micron filter!

Yes, seconded, do not do this at all OP. IV'ing any kind of solid pill meant for oral consumption is dangerous, but there are a number of horror stories surrounding Zolpidem (Ambien) in particular. There is a BL'er who lost an arm through this practice, if you care to search around a little bit, I'm sure you'll find it.

If you are going to proceed with this, doing it without micron filters and all other necessary materials is asking for it, badly. The micron filters are the key bit of equipment that you'll need. These are your veins' only line of defense from whatever the hell is in Zolpidem pills that makes it so nasty. You can order them online or pick them up at your needle exchange (if they carry them), but whatever you do, you must have them and use them. We don't want to see anything terrible happen to you or to here that you have been maimed for a brief high; or any high really.

May I refer you to a tragic piece of Bluelight history—

I was shooting Ambien (and lost my arm)

Even with a micron filter this is potentially dangerous, and not worth the (mediocre and extremely short lived, thus prone to binging) effects (yes I've done it, when I didn't know any better, I won't even tell stories about it because I don't want to encourage it. It's not worth it. Shoot something that's made to be shot.)

I was about to mention the guy who lost his arm. He uploaded a picture of his prosthetic. Seriously don't do it.. There's better ways to manage anxiety.

As much as I used to enjoy doing this, it's really, really bad for you, right up there with shooting methyphenidate and antihistamines probably. Not only that, it pretty much causes instant amnesia, and often really bad choice making. I have so many stories that ended badly, or pathetically for me, from shooting up zolpidem. In the end though, you could just plug it if you didn't want to take it orally, that works very well too and there's a fast onset. Also, its soluble at 23mg/mL so the issue might be that you're not using enough water, because IMO IV zolpidem actually does have a noticeable rush, unlike the other benzodiazepine drugs that I've tried through this ROA, so you should notice the weird ass effects immediately. But it's really not worth the health risks and veins that it costs.

I used to enjoy it, but after reading that one thread I haven't ever tried again. Not worth. Learn from his mistakes

Angie, please take head to our warnings. Shooting pills is a very unsafe practice, but zolpidem carries an even greater risk than other pills. The oral bioavailibilty is ~70% already, so iv'ing it won't benefit you all that much, and the risk FAAAR outweighs what little benefit you'll acheive!

That being said,
As much as I agree with everyone here, there's a chance she won't listen to our warnings, and do it anyways. So for hr's sake, can we at least tell her the "safest" ( I'm using that term very loosely), way to iv this stuff. Even with dramatic warnings, and nightmare-ish horror stories, people can just be hellbent on gratifying their compulsive behaviours..

Although I know very little about iv'ing ambien, I'll start by saying use a micron filter and do not add heat to your shot. Is there anybody else that has tips on iv'ing, that may save this girl a lot of pain and anguish?

- SS373dOH Soul

Angie, please take head to our warnings. Shooting pills is a very unsafe practice, but zolpidem carries an even greater risk than other pills. The oral bioavailibilty is ~70% already, so iv'ing it won't benefit you all that much, and the risk FAAAR outweighs what little benefit you'll acheive!

That being said,
As much as I agree with everyone here, there's a chance she won't listen to our warnings, and do it anyways. So for hr's sake, can we at least tell her the "safest" ( I'm using that term very loosely), way to iv this stuff. Even with dramatic warnings, and nightmare-ish horror stories, people can just be hellbent on gratifying their compulsive behaviours..

Although I know very little about iv'ing ambien, I'll start by saying use a micron filter and do not add heat to your shot. Is there anybody else that has tips on iv'ing, that may save this girl a lot of pain and anguish?

- SS373dOH Soul

We did tell her the safest way to do it. Using a micron filter to leave behind as much of the unwanted binders/fillers as possible. There's nothing particularly hard about it, it's just that sometimes people don't want to take the time to order the wheel filters and say "oh, what the hell. Just this once". It's just as easy to wheel filter as it is to filter your drugs normally.