• Guest, Welcome to FESTIVUS

It's January 4th

We still have the 12th day of Christmas, Jan 6th, known as 3 kings day or just another excuse to party and drink coquito for my Puerto Rican family.

my mother was a somewhat famous cello player in a few big orchestras, she used to drag me to her concerts when I was younger

I have an appreciation of classical :)
The instrumental part is excellent, yeah. The German sounds a bit funny, because they're Italian(I think?), the orchestre is German however

That's pretty amazing about your mother. I've never had the diligence.
I'm pretty damned good on the piano, if I may say so, 25 years of exp
but the orchestre is so fucking exact in what they play,
and I love using extra notes/altering notes/changing notes, etc
I never really stick to the plan :ROFLMAO:

The instrumental part is excellent, yeah. The German sounds a bit funny, because they're Italian(I think?), the orchestre is German however

That's pretty amazing about your mother. I've never had the diligence.
I'm pretty damned good on the piano, if I may say so, 25 years of exp
but the orchestre is so fucking exact in what they play,
and I love using extra notes/altering notes/changing notes, etc
I never really stick to the plan :ROFLMAO:
I have a musical mind and wished I was musically fluent. I've always wanted to create music... and if I did, it would be experimental/lounge/atmospheric stuff. I wanted to play the drums at a young age and my parents were not so thrilled lol (I don't blame them)

but yeah man, my mom exposed me to everything which ended up being important, she is the reason I visited so many EU countries

(she worked in the travel industry, we were lower middle class - but could afford to travel EU because of that. 50-75% off most hotel rooms, free international plane tickets... I was the poor American kid who was lucky and was able to travel)

I have a musical mind and wished I was musically fluent. I've always wanted to create music... and if I did, it would be experimental/lounge/atmospheric stuff. I wanted to play the drums at a young age and my parents were not so thrilled lol (I don't blame them)

but yeah man, my mom exposed me to everything which ended up being important, she is the reason I visited so many EU countries

(she worked in the travel industry, we were lower middle class - but could afford to travel EU because of that. 50-75% off most hotel rooms, free plane tickets... I was the poor American kid who was lucky and was able to travel)
interesting that your mother didn't insist on you learning a classical instrument.
My parents were pretty hardcore about that, at least my dad was, classical guitarist. Usually musical families are so insistant on that.

Cool mom, but you kinda missed out. Honestly i hated having to learn the piano at first. Now I know nothing that gives me more pleasure

Cool mom, but you kinda missed out. Honestly i hated having to learn the piano at first. Now I know nothing that gives me more pleasure
certain music tickles my passion, but my brain has always been good at math, abstract reasoning and language... I'm not that good at everything else

my WAIS-III iq test ranked me in the 99th percentile for abstract reasoning... that's what my brain is really good at

certain music tickles my passion, but my brain has always been good at math and language... I'm not that good at everything else
Well that's honest passions, and language is music itself just as well
I picked up the guitar to be able to accompany my lyrics, not the other way round

honestly the basics of the guitar are fucking easy to pick up on,
if you have rhythm

Well that's honest passions, and language is music itself just as well
I picked up the guitar to be able to accompany my lyrics, not the other way round

honestly the basics of the guitar are fucking easy to pick up on,
if you have rhythm
I believe that I pick up languages quickly because I have TERRIBLE eyesight; therefore my hearing is like a fucking bat. (And yes, language is definitely music)

I really want to learn bass guitar. My favourite instrument ever.

I believe that I pick up languages quickly because I have TERRIBLE eyesight; therefore my hearing is like a fucking bat. (And yes, language is definitely music)

I really want to learn bass guitar. My favourite instrument ever.
I did play the bass for a year or so before I played the guitar. I always wanted to play it, just had a thing for the instrument, but when I did, my parents just got mad all the fucking time (i was like 13) and was never allowed to play, so I said "fuck it, I'm taking my dad's acoustic guitar" - which today, is mine.

It's actually pretty easy to pick up on, mastering it is another thing tho.

From the pure play-mechanic I have to say piano as my favourite. Been playing it all my life, and it's so clearly and simply structured, that I can be very exact with what i play, i love that. But sound goes to bass, i fucking love the deep deep notes

We still have the 12th day of Christmas, Jan 6th, known as 3 kings day or just another excuse to party and drink coquito for my Puerto Rican family.
Right, the 12th day, the Epiphany. For a few years I would take a nice hit of DMT in candleight to commence the holidays on the 6th for my own Epiphanys. Also it is such a relief that the holidays are over.whew.