• H&R Moderators: VerbalTruist | cdin | Lil'LinaptkSix

Is this the infamous PAWS?

Lucy20

Ex-Bluelighter
Hello all, i have been clean off methadone and subs for a few weeks and i seemed fine but yesterday i was at a friend's mother's house for dinner, out of nowhere i started to get that grosse cold sweat you would get detoxing. Ive had them off and on a bit since then.
Im also very moody, i get crying bouts and my boyfriend says im more short tempered than usual.
Im not sleeping well so im wondering if its that or PAWS? And if its PAWS, how long does this last?

Yeah it sounds like PAWS. The length depends on how long you used for. Anywhere from a month to a year. No matter the length the symptoms will decrease the longer you stay clean.

Sounds very much like it. In my experience, coming off subs it's around a month. I came off (long term) methadone at the beginning of January. I had acute symptom for two months, heavy paws until a month ago, now I'm much better, but still bouts of depression, intestinal problems, mood etc

Exercise has been the main thing helping me.

Sounds just like what I go through too, I'm 99% sure it is Post Acute Withdrawl Syndrome.

Mark my words that stuff imho is actually worse than the actual withdrawl, I found it depends on how long you been using for in relation to how long it lasts for you & PAWS is the reason why I've never got my ass totally clean as I cannot take it so it is more easy to score & use gear than to deal with it.