View threads about
    Posting RulesBluelight Rules
    PD's Best Threads Index
    Social ThreadSupport Bluelight
    Psychedelic Beginner's FAQ

Is this related

aden20338

Greenlighter
I have never had a dependence or large tolerance to any drug in my life but I recently did some exploration with dxm. I loved how I could get trippy without it interfering with my daily tasks. I really enjoyed mixing it with shrooms aswell. I will list recent uses
6-23 250
6-24 600
6-25 900+
6-26 250
6-29 250
8-4 500
8-6 600xr
8-7 900xr (dosed over 4 hours)
I smoked weed on 8-7 and had crazy robowalk unlike any other time. I could feel my muscles spazming in my bed. I felt like my body was turning and it was quiet uncomfortable. I don't remember what happened that night. I probably just slept. On 8-8 I felt super sore the next day and felt sick unless I was smoking a cig. I felt really hot and uncomfortable. I assumed my muscles were twitching throughout the night and I was sore from that but the feeling has not gone away. I would describe it as a head cold with exhaustion and sore muscles. Last night I couldn't sleep much until 11:30 but I was very tired. Walking up stairs hurt like a bitch. I could be getting sick, or having withdrawls, or maybe I had a seizure in my bed...

What kind of dxm abuse would be needed for withdrawls? I kinda wanna robotrip today second plat. The amounts are probably all wrong but dates are 70% accurate.

if you maybe have had a seizure, i think you should calm down a little bit mixing the dxm with psychedelics. Too much activity your brain maybe cant handle, and it can lead to fatal things as a seizure... be safe my man :)!

Be careful, DXM has a lot of different actions and as such can cause complications.

But the foremost dangers are in combining DXM with the wrong substances being in your blood (even if metabolites remain in your blood after you took a certain drug), overdoses can be eventually fatal but usually require high doses and tolerance can elevate the needed toxic dose... however DXM [mainly its metabolite DXO] like virtually all dissociatives acts as an NMDA antagonist. NMDA receptors are coupled to opioid receptors and while people normally don't die from taking a lot of a dissociative NMDA antagonist, eventually high doses suppress your vitals just like opioids do much sooner.

DXM will impair your cognition and judgment, so it will dumb you down [which is mostly reversible if you stop], but wrong decisions can of course be terrible for you.

Yeah it does lower the seizure threshold, so it becomes increasingly more likely that you get a seizure from something in general.

The serotonin reuptake inhibition action is a real problem, primarily if you combine with other drugs and probably also if you keep it up - destabilizing the household of your neurotransmitters.

So avoid DXM abuse but if you're compulsive make sure that you do not take other drugs with it and even then allow a number of days each week for the drug to be eliminated so that you sober up and in some ways slightly reset... otherwise your risks build up which is dangerous.

if you maybe have had a seizure, i think you should calm down a little bit mixing the dxm with psychedelics. Too much activity your brain maybe cant handle, and it can lead to fatal things as a seizure... be safe my man :)!
most definitely. It seems rare and odd since I have no history of mental or physical illness. Why would shrooms with dxm be a dangeous combo? DXM has fairly low agonism for ht2a right. wouldnt that rule out serotonin syndrome? I don't take many drugs really at once. All I have done in the last 4 months has been dxm, shrooms, and weed 2 times... Thats why I was weirded out about the sickness i was feeling. Im taking a serotonin break rn, should make my 40mg 4-aco-dmt dose much more enlightening when the time comes.

Be careful, DXM has a lot of different actions and as such can cause complications.

But the foremost dangers are in combining DXM with the wrong substances being in your blood (even if metabolites remain in your blood after you took a certain drug), overdoses can be eventually fatal but usually require high doses and tolerance can elevate the needed toxic dose... however DXM [mainly its metabolite DXO] like virtually all dissociatives acts as an NMDA antagonist. NMDA receptors are coupled to opioid receptors and while people normally don't die from taking a lot of a dissociative NMDA antagonist, eventually high doses suppress your vitals just like opioids do much sooner.

DXM will impair your cognition and judgment, so it will dumb you down [which is mostly reversible if you stop], but wrong decisions can of course be terrible for you.

Yeah it does lower the seizure threshold, so it becomes increasingly more likely that you get a seizure from something in general.

The serotonin reuptake inhibition action is a real problem, primarily if you combine with other drugs and probably also if you keep it up - destabilizing the household of your neurotransmitters.

So avoid DXM abuse but if you're compulsive make sure that you do not take other drugs with it and even then allow a number of days each week for the drug to be eliminated so that you sober up and in some ways slightly reset... otherwise your risks build up which is dangerous.

thanks for the reply... Was my use that toxic for this last period? I have not noticed any cns depression and actually i felt a good amount of stimulation... What kind of doses would you need for cns depression health conserns to arise? More than anything I am worried about getting physically addicted. I know the platue per week thing, would breaching that rule lead to addiction quickly. I am just trying to gauge where I am at. Also what are the signs of a possible seizure for someone with no history. THe only reason i suspected it was becuause of the extreem muscle fatigue. (btw I only combine dxm with shrooms, I LOVE the combo and pushes the experience much further and I only take 200-250 dose plat1) I have smoked weed 2 times in the last 6 months and I had an extreemly uncomfortable feeling that I was falling and turning. No euphoria, no panic though would just rather be sober. odd. I will quit dxm for now and implement the platue per week idea starting next month if I stil have the desire to robotrip. I really just gotta get some ketamine. I feel like I am chasing a true dissosiative experience but I just cant get it,...

You might feel anxious, restless / irritable and have sleeplessness or depression if you use it a whole lot then stop but it is not actually physically addictive. Moreover physical addiction is hardly ever the main thing to worry about: although the discomfort can contribute to wanting to avoid stopping use, and some drugs like benzos (but not dissociatives like this) can actually be dangerous if you quit too fast instead of tapering... psychological addiction is the one that is actually difficult to shake, that is the main character of the monkey on people's backs.

It probably takes a shitload of most dissociatives to really get into acute physical danger if only considering the NMDA antagonism and combining with nothing, but even with DXM's more complicated mechanism of action the danger seems to be at 1000-2000 mg and especially 2000+.
It was merely technically speaking that, while compared to opiates dissociatives are relatively safe, eventually they will all suppress your CNS. But much quicker with opiates which makes that risk more realistically. People don't really die normally from NMDA antagonism, not directly anyway - it would rather be from e.g. aspiration: vomiting and asphyxiation.

Stuff like DXM is definitely not good for you, but most issues like on cognition are reversible. Ketamine is so much more effective in my opinion, but that one is even more addictive.

It's impossible to say what the odds are of getting an isolated episode of abnormal brain activity like seizures. It's more that the addictive potential and the general chronic more subtle effects that contribute on your mood, cognition and various other brain-related functions that may not always be that clearly linked but that can over time likely contribute to problems.

I personally couldn't make out cause and effect anymore for years, for myself. I have a pre-existing condition but I definitely exacerbated various issues with various addictions and period of drug abuse.

But yeah it sounds like you are using it way too often than is responsible and you would be right to listen to your gut if it says you are looking for a serious dissociative experience but keep being dissatisfied. I'd focus on managing your life well and limiting the number of times you take a drug like DXM but when you do take it maximize the satisfaction you get from it instead of many repeated attempts at something you're vague about. I can't very well recommend trying to find K and switching to it, maybe prove to yourself first that you can use responsibly? But I'm not judging, not trying to be a hypocrite.

there is a withdrawal.....i got it from doing dxm about 3 times a week for two months. Its not bad....it includes feeling very hungry all the time no matter what....that was the most annoying symptom of wd.

what you have of the feeling sick sounds like a hangover....which also happens....i noticed that the hangovers went away the more I used and were replaced by a pleasent after glow. I havn't used dxm in years though because the side effects during the experience became not worth it.

as others said be super careful mixing with medications and other drugs....there are deadly combos possible.