• BASIC DRUG
    DISCUSSION
    Welcome to Bluelight!
    Posting Rules Bluelight Rules
    Benzo Chart Opioids Chart
    Drug Terms Need Help??
    Drugs 101 Brain & Addiction
    Tired of your habit? Struggling to cope?
    Want to regain control or get sober?
    Visit our Recovery Support Forums
  • BDD Moderators: Keif’ Richards | negrogesic

Cocaine Is this odd or am I just out of touch?

jasperkent

Bluelighter
This may be a stupid question but bear with me.

I did a fair amount of powder cocaine in the 70's & 80's. I never liked crack because the high is so short-lived. In 1987 I had a brief but severe IV cocaine habit. My relatively low income ended that addiction. Since then I've dabbled a couple of times but found the quality to be very disappointing. Haven't touched coke in about 10 years.

Yesterday a coworker said he had some "fire" to sell. I said "what the hell" and got a gram.

What I got was in a colorful factory-sealed mylar packet about 3" by 3" with an anime-like character on it. The character is wearing a hoodie that says "GUCCI." I was dubious. Looks like it might be bath salts or some other trash you'd see in a convenience store. My buddy assured me it was the real deal. Said he got it from a Mexican friend who has good connections.

Well it looks like coke, it tastes like coke, and it sure feels like coke. Very good coke. I'm snorting it.

My question is this: has anyone ever seen cocaine (or any illicit drug, for that matter) packaged like this? I sure haven't.

I'm very curious. Thanks.

^^ What he said, especially if the drugs have been ordered via an online vendor (increasingly common these days). Sounds like you got the real deal.

I’d always advise caution though and if you have access to a reagent test to test it then do.

Could be anything really but yeah they are packing them up in all sorts of weird ways now. Back in my day you got the small baggie with a sticker on it.

Even if it were bath salts, who the hell cares?

They're probably safer than coke anyways

I’d always advise caution though and if you have access to a reagent test to test it then do.
VERY good call hun! Especially these days, compared to back in the 70s and 80s, now there are so many hundreds of different (and potentially very dangerous) substances being sold under the guise of being something else.

@jasperkent if it's something you're going to be parttaking in more frequently after this little indulgence I would also strongly advise you get a reagent test kit. In case that means jibberish to you haha, they are small kits which you take a tiny sample of the substance you have purchased, mix it with the reagent liquid provided in the kit, and compare it to the colour results sheet. It tells you what the substance is, hence whether it is safe to ingest. You can order them online.

Last edited:
Thanks for the advice about reagent kits. Yes, I've heard of them but never used one.

I doubt that I'll get back on the cocaine roller coaster (I'm getting too old for that shit and it's an expensive habit) but if I dabble again I think I will test it.

Do these kits identify cutting agents too? I occasionally play with a little meth (very little-- that stuff can be scary!) and while the product I get is always quite potent and satisfying it sometimes has a weird taste. I'd like to know what that is. Mostly I plug meth, but I smoke a little first just to see how strong it is and frankly I enjoy the ritual of smoking.

Thanks again,
jasper