Psychedelic Beginner's FAQ

Is this considered LSD Abuse?

• Thread starter darknesssanrole
  • Start date
Status
Not open for further replies.
D

darknesssanrole

I have a friend of a friend, who is in love with lucy. The problem is, he is determined to be like another hippie from the 60s era. last week, he dosed 92 hits in that one week( from one friday to the next).

1st friday- 12 hits of 110 ug lsd
Monday- 40 hits of 150 ug lsd
Friday- 42 hits of 150 ug lsd

I am noticing that instead of taking long needed tolerance breaks, he is beginning to be less patient and is beginning to take massively heroic doses, not in order to even impress anybody, but because he says he considers it something that enlightens him and causes him to be a happier person. Despite the fact that I agree lsd can do this, I am very worried that he is going to end up like syd barrett and go mad. Not sure if this disorder would affect lsd, but he is diagnosed with ptsd. But, honestly, he is probably the happiest person ive ever seen on lsd. Yes, he has had bad trips, but they were all from being caught by people or by nearly being caught, and the ones where he was nearly caught, he always snapped out of and began to continue his happy trip. Either way, he does handle himself extremely well to be on massive doses, but there is no way that it can be healthy for his brain to dose that many ug/(MG!!!) and I am worried that he is going to end up doing severe damage. Would you consider his behavior dangerous? Reckless? Or?

Also, he is planning on drinking an entire vial filled with 100 hits of lsd, each drop contains 100ug, amounting to 10gs. I do not want him to, but I do not want to control him or cause him to have hard feelings towards me. I do not think lsd is a bad thing at all, but he is starting to prove to me that it can be abused, and most certainly can be dangerous when abused heavily.

Yes, but there's nothing you can do as it's his choice to do this, and sometimes people have to learn things on their own.

Now if it's really you who you are writing about take a long break from LSD, and all drugs including cannabis just to take a break.

I've been tripping on 1P-LSD twice a week for the past five weeks and I co wider that far too much and I've decided to take a prolonged break, I don't feel any adverse effects as such but I don't want to push it too much. I'd suggest your friend drastically reduce his intake of LSD and soon rather than later, that is a seriously and abnormally high amount of LSD to take. It's reckless.

Recommend he tapers his dose towards the end of his experimentation. I suddenly discontinued and thatsnot extremely fun. After a few weeks I was fine.

I wonder what keeps him going back to those doses? I took LSD frequently at lower doses awhile. The therapeutic effects I experienced were great.

Last edited:
These doses are insanely high obviously, his tolerance must be enormous, but I don't think it's reckless or dangerous as long as he's fine with it, and shows no signs of mental distress.
A lot of people took insane amounts of psychedelics and were just fine.

Only when he feels it's time to stop for some reason, then he should probably cut back and knock the habit for a while, but as long as he has the time to do it, the finance to support his habit, isn't bothering or endangering others with it, doesn't hold him back in any way, and he feels just fine, then I don't necessarily think there should be any problem with that.

If your friend is you in reality like PriestTheyCalledHim already suggested then I do believe it's a sign that you're not feeling comfortable with it, and it's indeed better to just quit for a month or so and analyze the situation with a clear mind and how you feel about being sober again.

Personally I couldn't stand a life of constant tripping, but everyone is different.

Last edited:
Snitch his address to the police. He will never speak to you again but you are doing him and the rest of the responsible drug taking community a favour

Syd Barrett never went mad. He simply dropped out of the public eye, and his band mates banked on it. Anyway, that's frequent but I've known people to trip more often than that and were just fine. I think you have to have latent psychosis or schizophrenia for this to happen.

Why? What he is doing is stupid and unhealthy.

The old saying is you don't find acid, it finds you was once a clever way of saying that the people who controlled LSD production were savvy in who they dosed. Now days every clown with an Internet connection and an ohm tattoo can buy it, and you get people who choose to disrespect the compound and the greater drug taking community.

You will never convince the wider society that drug use should be legalised if you have arse clowns like this guy taking irresponsible doses.

Why? What he is doing is stupid and unhealthy.

You should be able to do stupid and unhealthy things without going to jail for life, especially if you're not hurting other people.

I hear what you're saying, but I don't think calling the cops on him is a good solution to the problem.

You should be able to do stupid and unhealthy things without going to jail for life, especially if you're not hurting other people.

I hear what you're saying, but I don't think calling the cops on him is a good solution to the problem.

I agree. Calling the cops probably won't solve the issue at heart here anyway.

It's possible that taking such massive doses of LSD repeatedly may leave some marks. It's extremely dangerous and at worst he could indeed go mad.

Try to speak to him to convince him to lower his intake. Ideally he should take a long break to completely lower his tolerance.

If you have to ask if the usage of the drug in your or someone elses particular situation, then yes, yes it is abuse.

It is abuse.

If you take psychedelic too often it's very easy to get caught up in that other world, but when it all comes crashing in... It crashes in hard.

Psychedelics require respect and each experience needs to not only be dosed right for you, in the right set and setting, but each experience needs time for you to integrate it back into your life, to avoid getting more often caught up in the psychedelic head state than grounded in reality.

Recommend he tapers his dose towards the end of his experimentation. I suddenly discontinued and thatsnot extremely fun. After a few week I was fine.
I have never heard about that. Are you talking about frequent tripping on high doses in general, or just doses that high in particular? Could you elaborate some more?

The old saying is you don't find acid, it finds you was once a clever way of saying that the people who controlled LSD production were savvy in who they dosed.
Sounds like good-old-days-nostalgia to me tbh. Irresponsible use (and dealing) has been a problem ever since LSD was first popularized.

I'd rather think that than accept that taking 40 times the recommended dose every day was going to benefit anyone.

Snitch his address to the police. He will never speak to you again but you are doing him and the rest of the responsible drug taking community a favour

This is ridiculous. It wouldn't accomplish anything anyway. There's not much the police could legally do with "so and so on drury lane takes alot of acid." Lmfao. Yes, he is being irresponsible with the drug, but there's no evidence he's doing anything to give users a bad name to the genereal public. And even if he were, that doesn't mean he deserves to be locked up. Terrible logic. You're basically saying anyone whose use doesn't meet your standards of responsibility deserves to be snitched on to LE.

Dosing regularly really stabilized my perception of reality in those days. Almost as if the intensity of the LSD experience turned down the volume on what happened between the experiences. Resultantly I began knowing the environment around me in ways I hadn't previously. This didn't reduce the vitality of my life. This improved my quality of life. Eventually this wasn't necessary and I discontinued on my own.

Discontinuing suddenly caused an empty feeling. I describe the feeling as feeling drained.

Usually I wouldn't say this, in this situation this is worth saying. I was going through a transition in my life then and things worked out well. In my experience regular LSD usage has the potential of reducing the intensity of emotional fluctuations in these transitions. I infer LSD has positive therapeutic potential in other directions also, even if other peoples positive transitions involve going another direction than mine.

THAT is FUCKED on too many levels to get into.
This coming from a Mod with a bazillion posts to boot. MAN-O-MAN THAT IS UNBELIEVABLE.
If he was molesting kids or something that is harmful to (key word here>) OTHERS, not that YOU think he should be ratted on.
I will definitely lose all faith in BL if that is the way in which you handle "harm reduction"...you ever even been to jail...jail is WAY more dangerous than a ton of acid, not to mention, less fun.
Man I hope you were kidding or maybe temporarily INFUCKINGSANE!!!
If you want to help him then TALK to HIM...NOT THE COPS!
I may get banned for tearing up a mod, but THAT advice, at the very least, is bad, and could, at worst, get the OP killed or, more likely, the shit beat out of him.

Do you, athousandwords, turn a lot of people in?
I mean the crackhead on the corner is partaking a bit too much...so, drop a dime, oooh, Gramma had an extra toddy...better call the law dogs.

Where do you draw the line brother?

Lastly, what IS the "responsible drug taking community"? What YOU say it is? What God thinks?...Oh, I know, "What would Jesus do" WWJD?
C'mon man, it's not you , or anyones, "duty" to call the law when the harm is being done only to the self, and not the public...and don't EVEN try and say that turning in an acid head IS protecting the public...we all know that is B.S.!

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.