• Select Your Topic Then Scroll Down
    Alcohol Bupe Benzos
    Cocaine Heroin Opioids
    RCs Stimulants Misc
    Harm Reduction All Topics Gabapentinoids
    Tired of your habit? Struggling to cope?
    Want to regain control or get sober?
    Visit our Recovery Support Forums

Opioids Is this combination too risky? 18mg dilaudid i.v and and 5 mg ativan

CyborgZero

Bluelighter
Someone please tell me.

I had in the past built up a tolerance to these but i probably have little to no tolerance anymore.

or does tolerance stay with you? I don't think it does

edit:
i made mistake the dillaudid pills are 12 mg

also forgot i'm still at the tail end of a meth high. so I don't know how much that contributes

I wish I could edit the title of the post.

Last edited:
tolerance does not stick with you. and as kk said, combining CNS depressants is a dangerous thing.

what if the benzo is mostly worn off (6 hrs after dosed) and it's 12 mg disregard the title

^Lorazepam has a half life of 10-20 hours, so it's still in your system and taking an opioid isn't safe
Wait around 5 half lifes till taking another CNS depressant

If your tolerance is gone then do you need that much hydromorphone, especially IV? Even without benzos you'd be safer starting at a lower dose

I would most definitely advise you NOT to IV 12mgs of dilaudid given you haven't been taking it recently. Your tolerance is gone, or at the very least, lowered significantly.
I'm prescribed it(8mgs 6x daily) and have a MASSIVE tolerance...and I have experience IV'ing it. 12mgs is just too much for someone who hasn't been taking it recently....if you insist on shooting it, I would recommend about 4mgs to start....but really, I would say to just not do it. Or at least use a different ROA....nasal, oral(sucks), or the second best option.....rectal.

Good luck

jB

Unless you really have a very good tolerance at the least, the least ever amount of benzo you need, and for this to remain open from a straight Harm Reduction site, don't do it at all. If your mind is already made up, have a sitter thats in the know hanging with narcan. Benzos can be super strong with any opiate. Combos can also go sideways on you. Professional or not.

I'm sick of having to visit new faces in the shrine.

Stay safe.

If this is redundant, get the hint. Too many OD's lately.