• 🇳🇿 🇲🇲 🇯🇵 🇨🇳 🇦🇺 🇦🇶 🇮🇳
    Australian & Asian
    Drug Discussion

Welcome Guest!
    Posting Rules Bluelight Rules
  • AADD Moderators: swilow | Vagabond696

is there anything you ALWAYS WANTED TO KNOW?

At the bottom of the forum page there is a list of 'active users'.
If you go to another forum or just kill your browser, does your name hang around?

I try suddenly leaping back into the page to see if my name is still there and it always is!

*mumbles crazily to self*

Does anyone know online references to devices, if they exist, think they do, that measure the current flowing from a power point? Like say you plug something into a power board, then plug whatever into it and you can easily see how much current it draws?

Oh yeah, I don't mean a multimeter itself, something that has has a female australian power plug so you can simply plug the cord into it from whatever you want to measure.

Last edited:
ozbreaker said:
That's not quite true Moe, and here's something i grabbed off a random site on the internet that proves that i'm right that i used to back up my vague memories with real actual explanations (tm)...

there you go :)

not something I've ALWAYS wanted to know but was thinking about it...yesterday I think. Was looking at some hokey magazine ad for wallpapers you can buy for ur fone (like I'd bother) n one had a picture of a cocktail n it said "It's 5 o'clock somewhere"
So I got thinking is it every possible time somewhere in the world at once? Like all the o'clocks, given it was something o'clock here at present? If not how many different simultaneous times are there?
I once saw this handy-dandy pocket sized World Time Wheel you could use to work out the times of the major cities across the world....if I had that I could work on getting an answer. Or if I cbf looking it up on the net I'm sure I could work it out that way too. any help/insights?

my head says "tired...dead..." ergggh

miss_goody2shoes said:
Like all the o'clocks, given it was something o'clock here at present? If not how many different simultaneous times are there?
*Quietly but firmly takes the bong out of your hands*
;) =D

^ hahaha gawd I do sound like a stoner, I don't even do pot. I was liking saying "o'clock"
it's like I'm having this really delayed scat-time. Like Mac time but scat time.

ooooh I dropped a M&M crispy!!! thought u were gonna escape did u ahah!
*finds it among the cords n powerboard and eats it*

hehehehehehehehehe
I think I'm crazy. But truely crazy pple don't think they're crazy. So I'm not. But we all know i am ;)

miss_goody2shoes said:
not something I've ALWAYS wanted to know but was thinking about it...yesterday I think. Was looking at some hokey magazine ad for wallpapers you can buy for ur fone (like I'd bother) n one had a picture of a cocktail n it said "It's 5 o'clock somewhere"
So I got thinking is it every possible time somewhere in the world at once? Like all the o'clocks, given it was something o'clock here at present? If not how many different simultaneous times are there?
I once saw this handy-dandy pocket sized World Time Wheel you could use to work out the times of the major cities across the world....if I had that I could work on getting an answer. Or if I cbf looking it up on the net I'm sure I could work it out that way too. any help/insights?

my head says "tired...dead..." ergggh

If you are using windows (XP?) double click the time. Click "Time Zone" and in the drop down menu you can see the different time zones. It's only whole hours (and half) from GMT.

^ yes I'm using windows XP. did that. Yes there's all the o'clocks it seems :)
I'm realising more and more how ridiculous my query was. oooh well

I've eaten too many M&M crispies...the chocolate then gets really sickly :(
but must go on....only bout 20 to go....

nah I can't. stopped at 9.

It means that something is cheap and abundant. Hyundai excels are a dime a dozen for example.

It usually has negative conotations. I would never get a Hyundai Excel because they're a dime a dozen for example.

It can also just mean that something is overly abundant. Emo kids these days are a dime a dozen for example.

^it probably orginated from some particular item actually costing a dime for a dozen. What I don't know. hmm like I needed to say that...

I just remembered bout something I've always wanted to know coz I had it happen just then in my thigh- what causes that pulsating in a particular spot for a short amount of time?? Anyone know what I'm talking about- I've also had it in my arm and even my stomach before. I was sitting there actually watching a part of my stomach pulsating/like breathing (not due to my heartbeat).
The fact that I'm soon to give birth to an alien aside, what causes these??
I imagine its like a temporary blockage, that the blood is getting held up for a bit, pressure forms, then it sorts itself out.

It's just a muscle contraction isnt it? When there's a build-up of the energy stuff that makes a contraction happen and it processes it and makes you move even though you're not telling it to?
I'm sure someone who remembers biology will have a better (or actually correct :D) answer

joannie_mhm said:
It's just a muscle contraction isnt it? When there's a build-up of the energy stuff that makes a contraction happen and it processes it and makes you move even though you're not telling it to?
I'm sure someone who remembers biology will have a better (or actually correct :D) answer

nah its not a muscle contraction. Doesn't seem like a muscle is involved, more like a blockage in a vein/artery. Very localised. Like the blood has gotten viscous in one spot n has built up a blockage. That passes in a minute or several.
Please tell me I'm not the only one who gets these, they are mildly worrying hehe
I'm doing a uni degree involving biology to some extent n fukt if i know :)

Dr Karl actually addressed this a while ago. I can't exactly remember what he said it was but it is nothing as serious as a blood vessel being blocked.

I kind of find it reassuring to be put in my place by my body every now and then - "you may think you're in control cunt!".

Edit - It took a while but I think I got it figured.

Fasciculation

"Fasciculation" is basically a fancy term for a twitch. Like classic cramps, fasciculations are caused by abnormal nerve activity, but they tend to involve only a small portion of the affected muscle and aren't generally painful.

While one is occurring, you may observe a small muscle "jump" under the skin. Fasciculations are common in ALS, spinal bulbar muscular atrophy, X-linked SMA and SMA type 1 (in the tongue and mouth).

Neurologist Valerie Cwik of the University of Arizona Health Sciences Center in Tucson says that everyone gets fasciculations now and then, particularly around the eye, in the small muscle of the back of the hand between the thumb and index finger, and in the feet.

Fasciculations are made worse by stress, lack of sleep and caffeine. They may also be seen in people with overactive thyroids, and there's a syndrome of benign (harmless) cramps and fasciculations. While some people with cramps and fasciculations develop ALS, in others the problem remains restricted to these symptoms.

Source

I actually notice it a lot in my upper arm after I drink tea or coffee.

A fasciculation (or "muscle twitch") is a small, local, involuntary muscle contraction (twitching) visible under the skin arising from the spontaneous discharge of a bundle of skeletal muscle fibres. Fasciculations have a variety of causes, the majority of which are benign.

Wikipedia - There's a bit more info. here, check it out.

It's the same thing as when you get that twitch in your eye occasionally. And if you've ever seen someone whose eye twitches constantly (I know a guy who it always looks like he's blinking) it's probably Benign fasciculation syndrome.

Last edited:
This ones been bugging me for a while

Who has the biggest post count on bluelight

lostpunk5545 said:
Dr Karl actually addressed this a while ago. I can't exactly remember what he said it was but it is nothing as serious as a blood vessel being blocked.

I kind of find it reassuring to be put in my place by my body every now and then - "you may think you're in control cunt!".

Edit - It took a while but I think I got it figured.

I actually notice it a lot in my upper arm after I drink tea or coffee.

It's the same thing as when you get that twitch in your eye occasionally. And if you've ever seen someone whose eye twitches constantly (I know a guy who it always looks like he's blinking) it's probably Benign fasciculation syndrome.

thanks lostpunk. So that's it- fasciculation. I reckon mine would be from lack of sleep, since I don't drink coffee/tea, or maybe stress hehe
Fasciculation is fascinating :D

lok1 said:
This ones been bugging me for a while

Who has the biggest post count on bluelight

^ it's finder isn't it? [23,981] [bless his deliciousness
24.gif
]

Last edited:
can you point me in the direction of finder please

i need to talk tohim