• Welcome Guest

Forum Guidelines Bluelight Rules
    Fun 💃 Threads Overdosed? Click
    D R U G   C U L T U R E

Meth Is there any reason to quit? Life is going great

You should definitely quit, or at the very least get a prescription for Adderall or something (all you need is depression to get a script, no ADHD required). You're so young, and like others said your brain is still developing. The neurotoxicity effects can be countered by nigella sativa (black seed oil) which works like a wonder drug for some people giving them great clarity and focus, I've experienced it myself, but tolerance to that does grow.

I think your life would still be great without it. Addiction reaches a point where you sort of just make it a ritual. "This drug will make me feel good" even when you're well past the honeymoon phase. In your mind you may be convinced it's no issue and is improving your life but I can assure you it will eat away at your brain and generally just fuck you up if you keep doing it. At the end of the day you'll just convince yourself it's aiding your life when all of the good you've achieved and continue to is just a part of you. I think teenagers really shouldn't mess with any drugs, not even weed. I mean, weed isn't that bad, but I've witnessed many 15 year olds start smoking pot and then it's like a switch is flipped and they turn into a completely different person and then get into harder stuff. I don't believe in it being a gateway drug necessarily, but I think for teenagers it can be (particularly if they have a family history of substance abuse). For me it wasn't really a gateway drug, I guess it made me want to do psychedelics.

Alcohol was the real gateway drug for me, I smoked ciggs because of how much I loved them while drunk, but I wasn't much of a smoker while sober. I couldn't stop chainsmoking them when I was drunk. Then I started doing cocaine for a little while because everyone was doing it but I managed to not use it for very long. It felt great and could get you out of feeling shitty drunk for a bit but then you're just left wanting more and it's not getting you anywhere. Sadly a friend of mine who'd only done it twice got fent in his coke the 3rd time and died.

For comparison, when I first started using kratom, it genuinely helped me in life in a lot of ways, but it did start to turn on me after awhile, causing dysphoric episodes and such. That's what happens when your tolerance gets up and you start taking too much. By the time I started my senior year in college, I was deep into kratom and all the misinfo about how it's just like caffeine. I'll never forget when I ran out thinking I'd be fine, the withdrawals were so hellish, probably like doing heroin for a few months, just shorter withdrawal. Anyway, I'd convinced myself I needed it to do many things. I started a radio show at my college and was often taking kratom before it, but by that point, my tolerance was getting so high that it hardly did anything, and even made me speak worse at times because I was all jittery.

Meth seems like it's helped make your life better in some ways, but I really think it's time to let it go. You're at a great turning point in your life and I really think you should get clean, or like I said, try Adderall or Vyvanse perhaps (I think the latter you do need ADHD for). Perhaps you have undiagnosed ADHD and that's why it's helped you so much. I have ADHD and stimulants generally feel pretty smooth for me. X was wonderfully smooth and I just felt so clear, calm and in love with everyone and everything. From what I understand meth is even stronger than that?

Just look at some of the negatives as per this erowid page. Erowid is a very good place to learn about drugs, their effects, studies, etc.

Last edited: