• Select Your Topic Then Scroll Down
    Alcohol Bupe Benzos
    Cocaine Heroin Opioids
    RCs Stimulants Misc
    Harm Reduction All Topics Gabapentinoids
    Tired of your habit? Struggling to cope?
    Want to regain control or get sober?
    Visit our Recovery Support Forums

Opioids Is there a way to delay the onset of a morphine er tablet by 12hr-need help desperate

Status
Not open for further replies.

John4444

Greenlighter
OK, So here is the situation... I am and have been on Large ammts of Opiates for over 18years. Starting out with 240 Norco's Per Month, To 60ea 40mg Oxycontin per month with 60ea 15mg oxycodone IR for Breakthru, To 3ea 80mg Oxycontin Per Month plus 120ea 15mg Oxycodone for breakthru, (Then when my insurance, wouldnt pay for 80mg Oxy but would pay for the 30mg Oxy IR), Dr switched me to bout same dose but all Oxy IR - about 480ea 30mg Oxycodone IR per 40 days (Since Fry's Grocery Store was giving huge cash discount for 40day scripts to get around having to give same discount to Ins Companys... - Then To 360ea 10mg Methadone, To 3ea 80mg Oxycontin per Month plus 180ea 15mg Oxycodone for breakthru.

And NOW, I am on 90ea 100mg Morphines (3 per day), along with 180ea 15mg Oxycodones for breakthru pain.

My Problem is that I have gotten a ticket for Driving on a Suspended Licence (Second One in 6 months) and they are making me spend 24hours in Jail....

I Can Certainly Take one of my 100mg Morphines Right B4 going IN, and a few of the 15mg Oxycodone (Although I think it best to wean myself down to as little as possible b4 hand and take NO Oxycodone for the week preceding having to Self Surrender in two weeks... BUT, my 100mg Morphine that I take (Right b4 Self Surrender) is going to start to wear off after about 10-11 hours and I am going to Start to go into Withdrawl after about 12 to 13 hours.... THIS SCARES THE BEJESUS OUT OF ME.....

The LAST Thing I want to do is try to smuggle in a Single 100mg Morphine Tablet to take after 12 hours. Which technically would not be hard - I dont think since it is TENT CITY (Here in Maricopa County Arizona "Sherriff Joe Arpaio) They have a Side where they Change you into Stripes and that is for Long Term PPL, But the Side for Work Release and guys with 24hour Stents Keep Street Clothes on, I could technically try and hide one in a seam of my Jeans or my Boxer Briefs (Very Easy, I have opened up a small seam on the boxer briefs I have in past and hand sewed the sides to make a little pocket so it wouldnt slide sideways or anything. I could find a way to Conceal one in one of my shoes pretty simply. Or in the Bottom Cuff of my Jeans like I did in the seam of my Boxers in the past... (Not to get into Jail though)... The problem lies in the fact that NO Matter How Much Chance I think I have of getting away with it, IF I AM CAUGHT - I am SCREWED.....

SO..... I Need to find a way to DELAY the ONSET of one of these 12hr release 100mg Morphine Tablets.... It does not seem like it would be that hard, I just need some advice on what to use??? What could I possibly Coat the Tablet with That would take 12 Hours """ITSELF"" to Disolve before the Pill Itself Started Disolving and Working??? I could take One Regularly on going In. And Take One that is coated with something to help DELAY THE ONSET OF THAT SECOND PILL.....

I have searched all over the internet and can not find anything even close to this type of info...

Could I "Double" "Triple" "Quadruple" or MORE Dip it in WAX? Would THAT Disolve in aprox 12 Hours or So to allow the Delayed Onset of the Pill????
Could I "Double" "Tripel" "Quadruple" or MORE Dip it in Melted Sugar (Like a Hard Candy) let dry each time and do several Times??? Would THIS Help Delay the Onset of the 100mg Time Release Morphine Tablet by 12 hours???
What Substance could I use to Coat the Tablet in? What is my Best Bet to Delay the Onset of this ONE Pill by 12 Hours so that it would START Working as the First One I took when going IN Started to wear off????

PLEASE HELP,
I AM EXTREMELY DESPERATE AND NEED ALL THE ADVICE I CAN GET... I AM SO SCARED TO DETOX IN JAIL EVEN FOR 12 HOURS Infact, After about 6 years ago running out due to my Pills being Stolen 5 days before my next refill and my Dr Not willing to Fill Early even with a Police Report Shown. That was the worst time of my life and I almost Killed Myself due to the Horrible Detox I went into.... Since then I have Purchased Entire Script of 100mg Morphines from a Friend each month for almost 2 years and ammassed """A RESERVE"" of around 2000 Extra 100mg Morphines JUST TO ENSURE THAT I WILL NEVER BE WITHOUT AGAIN.... But I do not want to get caught trying to sneak or "Smuggle" one into a Jail (Even if it does seem very easily done.) Last time I was there, I had a whole bottle of my 40mg Oxycontin and was able to (when they were taking our boots off to check things) I slipped the bottle out of my pocket into my boot and then back into my pocket when put boots back on. I dont know if that was a freak event and if Security is Tighter Now. I don't know how well they check, But the last thing I need is to get caught trying to Smuggle a Narcotic into a Jail as I believe that would put a Felony on my Record and end up taking away my Concealed Firearms Licence as well as my Right to Ever even Own a Firearm again.... NOT WORTH THE RISK....

PLEASE IF SOMEONE CAN HELP ME FIGURE OUT WHAT I CAN COAT THIS TABLET WITH TO DELAY THE ONSET BY AROUND 12 Hours I would forever be in your debt....

And before somene trys to tell me that I can work it out to take my meds in Jail.... I already went thru that option, There is a medical wing I can go into, But they require going to Dr to get a Bood Work done Plus a TB Test, They Require getting BOTH my Reg Physician and my Pain Doctor to Fill out a 5 page Form (Which notifies them that I am going into Jail, Which I Absolutely Do NOT Want them to know) Plus to get Last 6mo Records from Pharmacy for all my Meds... And Fill out a 14 page Questionaire... Way too many Hoops to Jump thru in the short time I have before I have to Self Surrender . On the Up Side, I have heard from clerks at the court and others that if you self surrender at 4 or 5 pm that You Usually Get Discharged between 6:30 and 8:00 AM The Next Day (Almost 18hr instead of 24) BUT That is NOT Guaranteed.... Hell, After my 24 hr is up They could always (Like Last time I spent 24hr) End up taking over 4 hours to actually get me Discharged and sit in a Holding Cell while they Screwed around trying to get me released.....

John4444
Maricopa County, Arizona.....

I mean, I could always just take a very large dose before going in.... Like 3ea 100mg Morphine ER at once... But my thoughts are that even the much higher dose will still only have a bioavailability of about 12 hours (That is the Time they are meant to be Time Released for) and that the "Come Down" would be even Worse after they ran out after 12 hours... ??? Any Thoughts???

John4444

Is a longer acting drug like methadone available to you? You mentioned it in your post but not sure if that was you or scripts in general you were citing. That would be your best option unless you find a sympathetic doctor who could script it or like a fentanyl patch (though the jail may not permit that I dunno?). I think wax at body temperature and with the level of stomach acidity wouldn't last. Unless you bag a dose and swallow/shelve it but that falls into smuggling and I'm sure that's not permitted. Sorry I can't help more. If push comes to shove distract yourself till you're released. It won't be easy but it won't kill you even though severe opiate wd feels like you're dying. Good luck to you!

What the hell. If you are prescribed with these drugs can't you just take your prescription and pill bottles with you?

I was incarcerated for five days prior appearing to court (economic crimes, nothing drug related) as they thought I might leave the country and had means to do it. I had multiple prescriptions for different doses of oxycontin, oxynorm and alprazolam and I just grabbed the recipes and my packages and they let me to even have them in the van when they hauled me to jail. Don't have to mention that I don't remember a lot of that trip as I could dose them in the back of the van as needed.

When I got into jail I just gave the prescription and packages to them while nodding out and although the guy processing me in asked if I really need +200mgs of oxy per day and shaked his head after I had replied and they gave me the drugs according to prescriptions each day and I had quite good time whole the time.

Thx for the quick reply. Yes, the list of meds that I listed (pretty Long List at beginning) are the Progression of which Meds I have been On at different times since I started on Opiates almost 18 years ago...

Not sure what you mean by "Bag a dose and swallow/shelve it" Are you talking about hiding something "Rectally"? Because the problem with that is that these meds make me extremely Constipated and I am not sure without tying a string to it to pull it out that I could have a bowel movement in the 12 hours after going in. although, when the W/D hit me (after about 2 to 4 hours of being in full W/D - I should then be able to have a bowel movement. But in the Jail the toilets are not concealed at all and it would not be possible to retreive it and open and take it without being noticed. If I had string to pull it out I could do it in bed while sleeping under a blanket but then There is the added Risk that they prob check for That going in. Prob even more so than they would the bottom Cuff/Seam of my Jeans or cuff/seam of my Boxer Briefs or Somewhere in my Shoe.

I am very convinced that from the right "Knowledgeable" Person that I can find something to COAT / Wrap it in and Take it right before I go in that will take 12 hours itself to disolve and "Delay the Onset of that One Pill"... I just don't have any idea what to use....

Thanks so very much for any and all help / advice that you could give on the subject as I am very desperate and scared to W/D while in jail.....

John4444
Maricopa County, Az

I really don't think so, Not the place that they are putting me (In Tent City, The section for Short Timers & Work Release where they do not even change your clothes into the Stripes and keep you in your street clothes) Like I mentioned in orig post, they gave me option of going into the Medical Wing of same Jail but They had a whole stack of Forms that needed to be filled out by both my Doctors (one that gives me my Pain meds and one that gives me my Insulin & Xanax & Blood Pressure Meds & Cholestrol Meds & Antidepressant) I Did NOT want my Doctors to know that I was going to Jail. Plus I would have had to have had a PHYSICAL, And New Blood Work done & had results before I Self Surrendured as well as a TB Test done and all Forms and PPW TO THE TEE To Even Get Into the Medical Wing....

For a 24hr Stent, It was just way too many hoops to jump thru and it was something that I probably (Even if I didnt care about my Doctors Knowing) Would not have been possible to get all that done in the less than 2 weeks before self surrendering to the jail... AND AGAIN - The Last Thing I want is for my Doctors to not only know about it, but then Put it in my Permanant Medical File that they had to fill out ppwk for me to go to JAIL...

Last time I spent 24hr there (Same place) I took my bottle of 40mg Oxycontin but found out (Without Asking *Overheard someone ahead of me asking about it* that they would not dispense meds in THAT Part of the Jail.) it is an OutDoor Tent City... So I just kept them in my pocket and somehow security was Lax that time and I put them in my Boot (Whole Bottle) when they were having us take our Shoes Off, Then Able to grab them and put back in my Pocket before putting my boots back on. I Even Traded a few to a guy on Work Release that morning to smuggle me in a can of Copenhagen Snuff (Chewing Tobacco) which he was easily able to do upon returning from Work Release that Afternoon...

Yet, No matter how Lax the security was (7 years ago when I spent 24hr there) I do not want to take the risk if I dont have to. They will roll me up, put me in stripes Throw me on the Other Side and Add Charges and Prob keep me there for 30 to 60 days minimum due to it being a FELONY... And I will loose all my 4th Ammendment Rights to Carry a Concealed Firearm or even Own Firearms for the Rest of my Life...

Thanks for the quick reply, definately any and all help/advice is appreciated as I am very desperate and scared shitless of Detoxing while in Jail, Even if for only 12 to 15 hours (Depending on how long it takes them to Process Me Out)...

What are your thoughts on weaning myself down to a Bare Minimum Before I go in, And then Taking a Very Large Dose just before I walk in the Door??? My Thoughts are that even at the Higher Dose, it will still start to wear off after 10 hours and by 12 to 13 hours I will be hurting pretty badly (Even worse coming down from the Very Large Dose) OR Will having been weaned down significantly, and then taking the Large Dose - Possibly Stay in my System Longer??? I have no clue???

Thanks again,
John4444
Maricopa County, Az

and "Raysu" NO, I Do NOT have access to a longer acting drug like Methadone that I could take while Inside.... I DO However have a friend that has the Fentanyl Patches. And I could easily get one of them from Him... BUT, That seems like something that they would Easily Find and make me Remove... And Possibly even go further to Charge me to Prove that It is Legally Prescribed to me (Which it is NOT) and face further charges....

John4444
Maricopa County, Az

Yeah by bag and swallow I mean just that and wait for it to pass and shelve would be rectal concealment but that's noticeable if they do a strip search potentially. You could also try loperamide. It's still on the shelves right now though not for long maybe. It's long acting. Check out my posts on other threads for details.

I just looked up Loperamide, it seems as if it is over the counter Immodium... How long is the effect of it? And what Dose would you Suggest? I assume it would be OK to go ahead and Take a Healthy Dose of my Morphine just before going into Check myself into Jail, But would it be OK to take the LOPERAMIDE Allong with it at the same time, Just to have another something that will Possibly Stay in my System LONGER than the 12hr Half Life that the Morphine has and Help me from immed going into withdrawls after the Morphine wears off in 11 to 13 hours???

John4444
Maricopa County, Az

12h half life means it gets halved in your system during that time.

If you take 100mg of something with 12h half life you would have 50mg after first half life and 25mg after the second. So if one's normal dose is 100mg one "could" take 200mg and have that normal dose after first 12h if he doesn't die due overdosing.

Sadly half life of morphine is just 2 to 3 hours and even ER stops functioning around 14h to 18h after dosing. Taking double the dose would extend it by one to two half lives.

Imho oxycodone would be better solution as half life is double the morphine's. Especially ER oxycodone if possible. Withdrawals would hit somewhere between 18h to 24h.

No matter what you take it is just few hours that you suffer mildly so no biggie for a big man eh?

Yup it's Imodium. Be sure to go with the tablets not the gelcaps or liquid. I got cramps like someone punched me in the gut on gels and at a minor dose. Oddly it may have been the wax which is what made me think your wax idea was not going to work. Though it was a reasonable suggestion. I've only taken loperamide pretty much as a bridge to postpone withdrawals. Onset takes about two and a half hours for me and I think for many. It's not a typical drug but I find it to be most like methadone. My guess is because the PGlycoprotein has to kick out a bunch before the remainder it's flooded with is able to cross the BBB and be picked up hence why onset is so late. Not a lot is understood about its action. Not everyone responds the same. I've seen posts with a quarter of my first dose work for some but when I tried it the dose was insufficient. I'd suggest if you have the time to test it do that in advance. I wouldn't take them together with your meds because it's unpredictable and also as its considered an opioid it may compete with your opiate or they may intensify each other. I'd wait till you start to feel withdrawals and take your initial dose and see if it alleviates the symptoms as that's its primarily taken under circumstances like these. It has an extremely long half life of 9-14 hours or so and therefore many report the effects going into the second or third day. If I dose one afternoon I wake up feeling refreshed and not craving into the next afternoon/evening generally. If I dosed too soon or everyday the unpleasant side effects show up-for me panic, visual changes, wobbly, heart palpitations, slowed breathing. And taken for days to weeks created a hellish wd worse than any other I had. Luckily you have only 24 hours to contend with. You're on such massive doses already I wouldn't know what to suggest. The lowest effective dose is your best bet. Tolerance builds quick and I believe it can block some until it clears. There are a lot of threads on it here and since it's starting to really get recognized by the news as an OTC abused drug there's a lot of controversy on it. Obviously if you get ahold of methadone that's a safer and more predictable option. I think there's a clinic in Phoenix by the hospital but I forgot the name of it. I was admitted for suicidality there once but it seemed like many people came in to dose while I was waiting. Sorry it was ages ago.

12h half life means it gets halved in your system during that time.

If you take 100mg of something with 12h half life you would have 50mg after first half life and 25mg after the second. So if one's normal dose is 100mg one "could" take 200mg and have that normal dose after first 12h if he doesn't die due overdosing.

Sadly half life of morphine is just 2 to 3 hours and even ER stops functioning around 14h to 18h after dosing. Taking double the dose would extend it by one to two half lives.

Imho oxycodone would be better solution as half life is double the morphine's. Especially ER oxycodone if possible. Withdrawals would hit somewhere between 18h to 24h.

No matter what you take it is just few hours that you suffer mildly so no biggie for a big man eh?

I DO Have access to 80mg Oxycontin. So you are saying that the Halflife is much Longer on the Oxycodone and with the Oxycontin being a 12 Sustained Release (BTW: Halflife and Sustained Release are two diff things Right?)... Not sure that I understand Both in conjunction with each other.

Would I be better off Taking 2 or 3 80mg Oxycontin b4 I went in rather than 2 or 3 100mg Morphines??? ((Not to mention that It is my belief that an 80mg Oxycontin is just a bit Stronger (Maybe by 25% than a 100mg Morphine)...

Your Thoughts???

Thanks for all your help / advice. It is greatly appreciated as I am very scared to Detox (go thru W/D while Inside)....

John4444
Maricopa County, Az

I think across the board OxyContin is a better drug than morphine. That sounds like a decent alternative to me for sure. Though 24 hour coverage with it ummmmmmaybe? I don't think you'll be as rough around the edges and as you're prescribed it anyway then you already have an idea of how it works for you personally.

Yeah oxycodone has a half life of 6 to 7 hours and morphine has 2 to 3 hours. Half life and time it takes for sustained release to release all its contents are different. Also oxycodone is twice as potent as morphine.

I take only oxycodone for pain and I don't get through withdrawals even if I forget to take my morning dose which has happened twice within a week. Also when I used recreationally I noticed that I could do my normal pain management dose for a day + some more at once in the morning after beating the time release and I would dose in the following morning for the next time.

I don't know what your tolerance levels are but if I would use 300mg of morphine normally I would just take 160mg Oxycontin and deal with it for the next 24 hours. If your body breaks up that time release as normally you would have ~120mg of oxycodone in your system when 12 hours have passed and 60mg at 18h and 30mg at 24h.

Don't use lope you will hate it and it will make jail more aggravating... At least test it before relying on it.

Get a note from your doctor saying the meds and bring them. If they refuse to give them I'm sure you would have a legal case if you could find a lawyer.

Jail withdrawal is the worst hell ever. They have cold turkeyed me off klonopin and suboxone and clonidine with minimal help it was brutal. If I ever had a chance I'd bring my scripts up my ass in a condom not worth dieing in jail from benzo withdrawal with a side of sub withdrawal. Last time there was people smoking spice??? Like wtf was all I was thinking why didn't I bring my scripts if this dude has a phone and spice

Dude its 12 hours. Bring your scripts then when you are released they should be waiting for you.

I was thinking some kind of extended release gelatin capsule. Then I found this thread ..

http://www.bluelight.org/vb/threads/589856-slow-release-or-extended-release-caps

Some ideas in there...

I've also heard of putting the substance into a capsule then coating it with food-grade shellac. Never tried, so you may want to experiment before the actual day

On the subject, I knew this girl who took her suboxone in literally sticking the film in her ear. Like lining the outer part of the hole. Lol. It worked. Makes me laugh though, I can picture someone trying to explain why they have sub in their ear haha

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.