• BASIC DRUG
    DISCUSSION
    Welcome to Bluelight!
    Posting Rules Bluelight Rules
    Benzo Chart Opioids Chart
    Drug Terms Need Help??
    Drugs 101 Brain & Addiction
    Tired of your habit? Struggling to cope?
    Want to regain control or get sober?
    Visit our Recovery Support Forums
  • BDD Moderators: Keif’ Richards | negrogesic

Is the gelled-up solution of slow-release Ritan absorbed through the rectum if plugged?

Sir.otonin

Bluelighter
I plug a lot of Ritalin, purchasing for a hefty price that's become a serious issue. I recently found out that the 20mg slow-release ones cost the same as 10-mg instant-release pill. so I started purchasing them, but it's a pain in the butt to prepare them for plugging. I've switched from mixing it with water to mixing it with a little bit of preopelene glycol and vegtable glycrine and then adding full fat milk, it gells up much less this way. do you know if the gel is actually absored or not, both the water-based kind and the lipid-based one.

I believe the anal column has mucous membranes like your nasal passage. I think lipophilic (fat soluble) drugs work best, though I'm not sure.

Just off a quick google search:
"Factors that affect the delivery of drug across nasal mucosa such as surfactants, dose pH, osmolarity, viscosity, particle size and nasal clearance, drug structure can be used to advantage to improve absorption. The pH of the formulation and nasal surface, can affect a drug's permeation"

Also bear in mind the anal column only goes 1 1/2 inch up, any further and you're losing absorption. So use an oral syringe, put it 1 1/2 inches up, release, then sit normally, it will slowly trickle down over the anal column and be absorbed.

I plug a lot of Ritalin, purchasing for a hefty price that's become a serious issue. I recently found out that the 20mg slow-release ones cost the same as 10-mg instant-release pill. so I started purchasing them, but it's a pain in the butt to prepare them for plugging. I've switched from mixing it with water to mixing it with a little bit of preopelene glycol and vegtable glycrine and then adding full fat milk, it gells up much less this way. do you know if the gel is actually absored or not, both the water-based kind and the lipid-based one.
with oral bioavailability being so much lower than rectal BA, if the gell is not absorbed through the rectum and I have to take it orally, the 10mg ones would actually be worth more comparing the total amount absorbed, but if the gel is absored with water or lipid, then in cuts my cost in half which is a really big help