• BASIC DRUG
    DISCUSSION
    Welcome to Bluelight!
    Posting Rules Bluelight Rules
    Benzo Chart Opioids Chart
    Drug Terms Need Help??
    Drugs 101 Brain & Addiction
    Tired of your habit? Struggling to cope?
    Want to regain control or get sober?
    Visit our Recovery Support Forums
  • BDD Moderators: Keif’ Richards | negrogesic

Is that withdrawal?

PieceByPiece

Bluelighter
So I've been using Codeine, Dihydrocodeine and Morphine, not really overly high doses. If I don't take anything within 24 hours of my last dose I get an awfully painfully headache, feel sick, fast heart rate, and a bit irritable. Is this straight forward withdrawal? Once I take a dose I feel much better fairly quickly.

Another question if you're having morphine withdrawal and take DHC will that stop the withdrawal or does it HAVE to be morphine? Or are opiates universal when it comes to withdrawal?

Yep, sounds like withdrawal.

Pretty much any opiate at the right dose will stop or at least reduce your withdrawal symptoms, even kratom which isn't even an opiate but still triggers much of the same receptors will help or eliminate w/d.

IMO im sure its WD if the shitty feeling goes away when you dose
its only gonna get worse and you will have to redose more than usual or even up the dose to keep the WD at bay if you dont do something about it now
WD to ME is my body telling me hey you had enough cut back or get off the shit

Not to hijack anything but can thete be withdrawls from only 2 days use. Like using one dose recreationally per day for 2. I think i was getting restless legs a tiny bit when sleeping but idk if the drugs can do that.

Not to hijack anything but can thete be withdrawls from only 2 days use. Like using one dose recreationally per day for 2. I think i was getting restless legs a tiny bit when sleeping but idk if the drugs can do that.

Yes one can experience withdrawal symptoms after only 2 days of use. What drug are you talking about specifically?

Yes one can experience withdrawal symptoms after only 2 days of use. What drug are you talking about specifically?
Tramidol. I was using for 2 days and the second day of not using and third i seem to get restlessness. Hopefully its not withdrawl because i used to be able to do 4 consecutive days with almost no withdrawl

Nah bro, the primary signs of opiate withdrawal are goosebumps nearly all the time, a runny nose and despair (at its peak). Having said that you are obviously experiencing some form of withdrawal. See if you can get some methadone or buprenorphine
;)

Nah bro, the primary signs of opiate withdrawal are goosebumps nearly all the time, a runny nose and despair (at its peak). Having said that you are obviously experiencing some form of withdrawal. See if you can get some methadone or buprenorphine
;)
Thanks but i dont want to prolong withdrawls or get addicted or anything. I found out that the restless was caused by other stuff, i usually dont go over 3 days in a row with opiate use then i put off 4 or 5 days. I dont wish to gett addicted and withdrawl i wish to nod and have fun.

Thanks but i dont want to prolong withdrawls or get addicted or anything. I found out that the restless was caused by other stuff, i usually dont go over 3 days in a row with opiate use then i put off 4 or 5 days. I dont wish to gett addicted and withdrawl i wish to nod and have fun.
Please be careful. That's what many of us once said.

Please be careful. That's what many of us once said.
I know what happends if i get addicted the thought of the withdrawls alone is enough to not use everyday but besides that its simple to get high in spaced out periods to not get addicted. I dont need to be high and nodding every single day which is what it takes in weaker people to get addicted in the first place.

If I don't take anything within 24 hours of my last dose I get an awfully painfully headache, feel sick, fast heart rate, and a bit irritable. Is this straight forward withdrawal? Once I take a dose I feel much better fairly quickly.
Sounds like a fairly mild withdrawal, but what does "feeling sick" mean. Just generally feeling like crap, or are you puking? Leg cramps are usually a dead giveaway, as well as restless legs/kicking. Also hot/cold flashes and goosflesh are common. Everyone has slightly different symptoms tho and I would say it sounds like withdrawal to me.

If you're having morphine withdrawal and take DHC will that stop the withdrawal or does it HAVE to be morphine? Or are opiates universal when it comes to withdrawal?
All opiates are universal (as far as I know) but keep in mind the varying strengths. A perc 5 isn't gonna do shit for full blown heroin w/d. Other drugs help too. Obviously subs and methadone which I guess are opiates? But also benzos (which are also addictive so be warned), and stuff like clonadine, neurotin, seroquel, phenobarbital, and muscle relaxers will help at least somewhat. OTC you can get immodium (google it) and ibuprofen....both really help.

And dude, if you're already withdrawing then you're addicted. No and ifs or buts about it. It has nothing to do with being weak. Nobody starts off like Yay, I wanna get addicted now. It sounds to me like you already are. Don't take offense, just be aware.

Im not withdrawling and i dont get addicyed almost a year ago i wasnt being smart and used for a weak and got real withdrawls and i wasnt addicted i havent used for a week since i posted this its called willpower buddy and its completely to do with being weak

In my experience, when I went a little overboard on the opiates and used them for more then a week consecutively the tell tale signs were leg cramps/RLS, my nose running A LOT and a general feeling of malaise.

These were just slight symptoms as I always try and take breaks to not get severe withdrawals, and my tolerance stays fairly low because of it. (Using at a maximum of a 1 1/2 weeks in a row and using potentiating drugs to keep the dose down) But when I do get a little trigger happy, RLS is THE sign of withdrawal.