• H&R Moderators: VerbalTruist | cdin | Lil'LinaptkSix

Is Sleeping With Magnets Beneficial Or Harmful?

LandsUnknown

Bluelighter
I sleep with a refrigerator magnet in my pillow every night, and I have honestly felt better as a result of this. I have read that it can be helpful for opening the third eye, but I also read somewhere that being regularly exposed to a magnetic field directly next to one's head damages brain cells? Is this true? Because since I have started sleeping with the refrigerator magnet in my pillow, I have honestly felt better. Thoughts? Also, the magnet is one of those thin magnets, so I don't even feel it when I lay down much, thus it doesn't disturb my sleep in any way.

I'm a pretty strict believer in science. So I really can't attest to any positive benefits you're experiencing or hope to experience. Since I don't believe there's evidence that any exist. All I can say is that from a scientific perspective, you are in no danger whatsoever. Static magnetic fields pose no danger to human physiology even at strengths many thousands of times that of a fridge magnet. The only exception being if you had certain metal implants and were exposed to a magnet the strength of an MRI scanner of above.

So I dunno if that's of any comfort, but for whatever it's worth, I am positive you're in no danger from sleeping with a fridge magnet.