• Select Your Topic Then Scroll Down
    Alcohol Bupe Benzos
    Cocaine Heroin Opioids
    RCs Stimulants Misc
    Harm Reduction All Topics Gabapentinoids
    Tired of your habit? Struggling to cope?
    Want to regain control or get sober?
    Visit our Recovery Support Forums

Opioids Is poppy pod tea gonna work the way we made it?

Status
Not open for further replies.

pocketsevens

Bluelighter
Hey guys. So in my possession were about 12 small poppy pods. I've heard that poppy pod tea is great but have been busy so we kept the pods in the fridge for a while. Well the stems were starting to mold so my boyfriend decided we had to get rid of them NOW haha. We read one person's instructions on how to make tea and he was off before I could really stop him. What he did was cut off the crowns and stems, added some undiscernible but large amount of water, and blended them. (Without even taking the seeds out. I was annoyed when I found out haha.) Anyways what was done was done so then we boiled the water/pod mixture for about 4 minutes.

I'm used to making poppy seed tea but this is my first time with poppy pods. Given the small amount of pods, I really wanted to do this right and I'm understanding from other recipes that it would have been better to mash up the plant matter before boiling it. The tea we made is brown, but very weak tasting in comparison to poppy seed tea. Is this even going to work?

For future reference, does anyone know of a simple/easy to follow recipe for poppy pod tea? Part of why this happened is I couldn't find a recipe that didn't seem convoluted haha.

Also, can we do anything with the plant matter we have left over? Like smoke it?

Status
Not open for further replies.