• Welcome Guest

Forum Guidelines Bluelight Rules
    Fun 💃 Threads Overdosed? Click
    D R U G   C U L T U R E

Is opiod addiction the worst addiction?

Alcohol and/or benzodiazepines.

I've been addicted to them and at other times cocaine, opioids, and methamphetamine.

Booze/benzos are definitely the worst.
Final answer.

Agreed. I have little experience with either but the answer looks obvious to me. Massive cognitive impairment along with actual dangerous withdrawals seem to make this a no-brainer.

I think opioids and opioid addiction has more of a mythic status, because they are much cooler drugs. They are soothing but, unlike all other major drugs of abuse, not debilitating. They lend the user a sense of dignity and grandeur. They seem genuinely worth the obsession, and therefore on a higher level of temptation. I guess that's why opioids have the "worst" reputation. Such reputation comes from a place of voyeur fascination rather than serious risk assessment.

Yall ever watch my strange addiction, people eating soap and shit, thats gotta be worse

Absolutely not.

In physiological terms the perfect administration of pharmaceutical heroin may be pretty harmless in itself, but even that massively reductive situation that doesn’t exist in real life is likely to have a large range of negative effects when you look at the effect it has on behaviour and the way this impacts one’s life.
Yeah, you're right.

Absolutely not.

In physiological terms the perfect administration of pharmaceutical heroin may be pretty harmless in itself, but even that massively reductive situation that doesn’t exist in real life is likely to have a large range of negative effects when you look at the effect it has on behaviour and the way this impacts one’s life.
This is exactly what my point was. Well said!

Pheninut and alcohol vs benzo WD. The difference is in dosing and this is what makes benzo WD seem worse. It takes a very small amount of benzos to agonize GABAa while phenibut and alcohol require high dosing and daily abuse. I guess you could say the WD from benzo is easier to achieve. You gotta fuck with pheni and alcohol hard and for a period of time to WD as bad as xanax. I'm def not negating pheni WD though, I been there. And you are right, they are worse than ope WD.
Yeah, benzo addiction is no joke. I've seen some gnarly videos of a guy detoxing from Xanax and he couldn't stop shaking and whimpering. I don't know why he CT'd it, maybe he just ran out, Idk, but it was extremely disturbing to see. Coming off alcohol is probably just about the same, but I've heard Phenibut withdrawal is even worse than benzos.

Opioid addiction and withdrawal can be managed in so many ways that the others cannot. There's tons of gabagenic herbs, magnesium, black seed oil, etc that can aid opioid withdrawal a lot.

Agreed. I have little experience with either but the answer looks obvious to me. Massive cognitive impairment along with actual dangerous withdrawals seem to make this a no-brainer.

I think opioids and opioid addiction has more of a mythic status, because they are much cooler drugs. They are soothing but, unlike all other major drugs of abuse, not debilitating. They lend the user a sense of dignity and grandeur. They seem genuinely worth the obsession, and therefore on a higher level of temptation. I guess that's why opioids have the "worst" reputation. Such reputation comes from a place of voyeur fascination rather than serious risk assessment.
I don't agree everyone saying benzo's is worst . Thats bs for sure , opioides are far more psychological addictive then benzo's will ever be .
Benzo's Arent even euphoric or anything its just the physical addiction that can be worse .

I don't agree everyone saying benzo's is worst . Thats bs for sure , opioides are far more psychological addictive then benzo's will ever be .
Benzo's Arent even euphoric or anything its just the physical addiction that can be worse .
t’s not “BS” when it’s someone’s personal opinion. For YOU maybe you feel that opioids are worse. But apparently the more general consensus is that it’s benzodiazepines.

Absolutely not.

Kinda true of a lot of addictions, ain't it?

Benzo's seem addictive enough to get many people hooked and do the damage.

I agree they're boring drugs.

t’s not “BS” when it’s someone’s personal opinion. For YOU maybe you feel that opioids are worse. But apparently the more general consensus is that it’s benzodiazepines.
So the average person is more likely to get addicted to diazepam or any benzo then lets say oxycodone . Wanna bet ?

And yes its your personal opinion because you took benzo's to long . Then just say benzo's are worst physical when you are addicted to them . Thats not the norm , you know how many people take benzo's and never have problems with them . I use benzo's for years never encountered addiction or anything , i bet a strong heroïne or any other opioide beats a benzo anyday .

So to be sure benzo's are more difficult for you (if you aren't physically addicted to it) then heroïne or morphine or oxy ? When you would not be physically addicted to both you're saying benzo's are more difficult to quit lmao?

So to be sure benzo's are more difficult for you (if you aren't physically addicted to it) then heroïne or morphine or oxy ? When you would not be physically addicted to both you're saying benzo's are more difficult to quit lmao?
What? I’m 43 years old and have withdrawn from many things. On their own and simultaneously. My comment to your post was in regards to you calling BS. It’s purely anedoctal which withdrawal is worse and not at all bullshit. I’m not going to continue an argument with you on something that is completely based on personal opinion.

Last edited:
What? I’m saying it’s personal opinion. I’m 43 years old and have withdrawn from many things. On their own and simultaneously. My comment to your post was in regards to you calling BS. It’s purely anedoctally which withdrawal is worse and not at all bullshit.
But can you state facts that benzo's are more addictive then opioides ? It isnt about the "withdrawal" only ,there are a billion other reasons why something is addictive . I feel benzo's are notoriously high rated because of the worst withdrawal scenario and not so much the psychological addiction . You just speak out of your own personal opinion on what withdrawal sucked more and not so much about the addiction in total .

What? I’m saying it’s personal opinion. I’m 43 years old and have withdrawn from many things. On their own and simultaneously. My comment to your post was in regards to you calling BS. It’s purely anedoctally which withdrawal is worse and not at all bullshit. I’m not going to continue an argument with you on something that is completely based on personal opinion.
Yes its your personal opinion , just like its my "personal opinion" benzo don't come close to opioides in terms of "psychological addiction"

What? I’m saying it’s personal opinion. I’m 43 years old and have withdrawn from many things. On their own and simultaneously. My comment to your post was in regards to you calling BS. It’s purely anedoctally which withdrawal is worse and not at all bullshit. I’m not going to continue an argument with you on something that is completely based on personal opinion.
I mean someone can take 0.5 alprazolam barely feeling anything from it for 3 months and have worse withdrawal then heroïne . Does this make benzo's worse ? No ofcourse not ..

while opioids give better high when your goal is to just enjoy high
I found benzos harder to resist in everyday life
Everything is just so much easier and nicer little high on benzo* while I have serious difficulties to interact with anyone on opioids
*I have always been after drugs which make me say that
When I did benzos I couldn't come up with reason to not take some after certain point

while opioids give better high when your goal is to just enjoy high
I found benzos harder to resist in everyday life
Everything is just so much easier and nicer little high on benzo* while I have serious difficulties to interact with anyone on opioids
*I have always been after drugs which make me say that
When I did benzos I couldn't come up with reason to not take some after certain point
Ok its rlly difficult for me to understand cause benzo's usually don't make me feel that good . I understand if someone has high levels of anxiety it might be alot more addictive for them but still compared to strong opioides man i don't know . I rlly don't feel like taking 20mg diazepam or more everyday while even with kratom i try take more etc .
What? I’m 43 years old and have withdrawn from many things. On their own and simultaneously. My comment to your post was in regards to you calling BS. It’s purely anedoctal which withdrawal is worse and not at all bullshit. I’m not going to continue an argument with you on something that is completely based on personal opinion.
No but isnt this thread about worse addiction and not worse withdrawal like i said ? I think there might be some miscommunication here .