• Welcome Guest

Forum Guidelines Bluelight Rules
    Fun 💃 Threads Overdosed? Click
    D R U G   C U L T U R E

Is opiod addiction the worst addiction?

Heroin addiction is heavily stigmatised but it's not the worst imo. If people had access to safe supply through regulation there would be very few accidental overdose deaths too. Our systems are so backwards and we desperately need more harm reduction and less bullshit scare tactics and demonization of users.

Alcohol and benzo withdrawal can kill you, so they could be considered the worst in that respect. Alcohol is super toxic on the body.

Obviously most people with substance use disorder have a drug of choice, but the behaviours are pretty standard across the board and can be devastating no matter what that drug it is.

I was wondering if opiod or opiates or however u call it the worst addiction.
Is a heroin user the end station?
Anything substance can be affecting as nd goes for things that are not considered by the masses to be "drugs" . Caffeine , sex ,shopping etc
The severity of the addiction lies within the person.
Imo

I guess that it depends on what you consider the worst.

- Alcohol was my longest addiction (25 years and counting) and caused me quite a bit of trouble, but I was never obsessed with it 24/7 the way I became with opioids.

- Benzos have caused me the most problems concerning my behavior. Crashing cars, leaving food burning on the stove, saying/texting horribly embarrassing things, falling down, passing out... and not remembering any of it the next day.

- Coke and crack were the most instantly addictive, in the sense that I wanted more immediately. It never became a full-time habit though.

- Opioids were definitely my biggest addiction. I spent 12 years literally living for them. Begging, borrowing, stealing, lying. It's all I ever thought about. Ironically, I could function very well on them. It was when I DIDN'T have them that I was a mess, because I had become so heavily dependent on them.

Basically, they all sucked in their own ways!

@Dreamflyer would you say that if opiods were available to you in a way alcohol is that you wouldn’t be obsessed with them?

I’m asking cuz during my opiod (ab)use I didn’t have to worry about getting them and they hardly caused me any problems. I might even say that just about only negative thing was constipation and at the end loosing my connection cuz of some personal bs and..

Dreamflyer would you say that if opiods were available to you in a way alcohol is that you wouldn’t be obsessed with them?

I’m asking cuz during my opiod (ab)use I didn’t have to worry about getting them and they hardly caused me any problems. I might even say that just about only negative thing was constipation and at the end loosing my connection cuz of some personal bs and..
I don't think that it has to do with availability so much as our own personal brain chemistry and drugs of choice. If I could've bought Oxys over the counter like booze or cigarettes, I probably would've been dead years ago!

Why do you think you would be dead?
From using pills I.V.?
I've never injected drugs, but I've done things like mix 300mg Oxy with 20mg Xanax and wash them down with a 12-pack of beer!

If I ever got involved with the needle, I would definitely be dead by now.

only negative thing was constipation
Constipation can be dealt with ( and usually with an healthy diet exercise and tolerance can be dealt with) for me the real bummer (and the only real reason I could find to stop´reduce my use of oxys when i had an almost unlimited supply) is the total lack of libido....

I've never injected drugs, but I've done things like mix 300mg Oxy with 20mg Xanax and wash them down with a 12-pack of beer!

If I ever got involved with the needle, I would definitely be dead by now.
So if you were able to get oxy as easy as booze you wouldn’t just take more oxy to get good high but would rather take such dangerous combos? Combo of opiod with lot of benzos and booze just ruins opiod high and makes it more similar to banging head to the wall to pass out imho.
Constipation can be dealt with ( and usually with an healthy diet exercise and tolerance can be dealt with) for me the real bummer (and the only real reason I could find to stop´reduce my use of oxys when i had an almost unlimited supply) is the total lack of libido....
Yeah I know. I was doing all of that + postponed dose but it was still annoying.
I had no libido problems at all (I was using morphine).

I don't think that it has to do with availability so much as our own personal brain chemistry and drugs of choice. If I could've bought Oxys over the counter like booze or cigarettes, I probably would've been dead years ago!
Actually when I had pharma grade oxys and morphine (pills, I ve Ivved only smack and only a few times) I was doing way better than when I was smoking H , let alone tha now that I m doing coke a lil bit too much. As I have said supra the only real issue was the lack of libido, I was even going to gym and shit, I worked ( I still do, hopefully I will ) etc. You can od on pills but if you know your limits , you are not stupid and last but not least you buy the real thing not the fentabenzos rat poison shite u guys are unfortunately getting in the US,you will likely not. Coke is way worse. with blow sky is the limit, especially if like me you live in a place with good and affordable coke ....

I had no libido problems at all (I was using morphine).
I did morphine as well (pills) even if oxys were my main thing. Probably is also age related (in my twenties I could smoke smack and have sex, now...erm...) or quantity related, with oxys my tolerance skyrockets really fast...also, cumming was basically impossible on oxys.

Yeah quantity certainly plays a role. I did maybe max 0.5g in a day but mostly kept it under 350mg per day even after years of use.
Cumming took time but sex was still great. But I was using other drugs too so who knows what all helped for me to have such experience.