• BASIC DRUG
    DISCUSSION
    Welcome to Bluelight!
    Posting Rules Bluelight Rules
    Benzo Chart Opioids Chart
    Drug Terms Need Help??
    Drugs 101 Brain & Addiction
    Tired of your habit? Struggling to cope?
    Want to regain control or get sober?
    Visit our Recovery Support Forums
  • BDD Moderators: Keif’ Richards | negrogesic

Benzos Is it safe to take 5 mg of Valium 6 hours after a IV shot of heroin?

Boku_

Bluelighter
Heroin keeps me awake and I am hoping for advice on safely taking Valium on the same night of using heroin earlier in the evening.

Keep in mind I only used heroin to take the edge off after a previous night on crystal methamphetamine.

I previously on a different occasion have had a IV shot heroin exactly 6 hours after taking 5 mg if Valium and I was fine.

I'm fully aware how dangerous mixing benzodazipine medication with street heroin at the same is. But I figure a low dose of Valium with a glass of white wine a good six hours after using heroin is time enough between the two types of drugs.

I'm assuming I shouldn't be in danger of overdosing/ respiratory failure etc as I am not a heavy benzo or opiate user and IME the Valium with wine combo will make me feel relaxed sleepy and drowsy cos I've been awake for two days from using crystal methamphetamine.

Or is 8-10 hours a safer choice?

Anyone familiar with ice will know aside from GHB the benzo Alcohol combo works a treat to help fall asleep.

I would just take the Diazepam and leave the alcohol out. As you said, combining two depressants isn't smart but combining 3 of them is much more risky even if these are low doses. Once you fall asleep after partying with methamphetamine, even without using any depressants, I find the sleep to be much deeper, at least for me. So it's quite possible to just stop breathing when you combine those three depressants especially when you are this tired.

But 5 mg of Valium is nothing! It's one tablet.

Without drinking the one glass of wine the Valium won't even hit the sides of my stomach.

On another note I just visited a few good friend and she gave me 6 mils of liquid GHB.

I may not bother with the Valium and white wine after all.

Two 3 mil squirts of liquid GHB taken a few hours apart puts me to sleep like nothing else. Decisions decisions

I think it is always a wise move to be on the safer side with drug cocktails especially if you don't have a reasonable tolerance to all the substances involved and a hefty experience with drugs.

In my opinion, GHB could even be more risky with heroin than others because of possible potency and dosage issues.

Good luck, try to stay safe.