• BASIC DRUG
    DISCUSSION
    Welcome to Bluelight!
    Posting Rules Bluelight Rules
    Benzo Chart Opioids Chart
    Drug Terms Need Help??
    Drugs 101 Brain & Addiction
    Tired of your habit? Struggling to cope?
    Want to regain control or get sober?
    Visit our Recovery Support Forums
  • BDD Moderators: Keif’ Richards | negrogesic

Is it safe to mix promethazine and valium?

adam2893

Greenlighter
I take 7.5mg of valium daily and have done so for well over a year, maybe 2 years. But I am going on a 14 hour plane ride and I'm terrified so I will be taking a double dose of my valium since the dose I am on now doesn't stop panic, so I'll be taking 15mg Valium and 1 or 2 Promethazine tablets so either 25mg or 50mg of promethazine in case i get motion sick because thats what I am so terrified of.

Is this safe? I can't find much on google except that it will cause more sedation than normal which I kind of expect, I just dont want to stop breathing while over the pacific ocean. (I asked my pharmacist and he said he had no idea)

Thanks for any help guys.

I take 7.5mg of valium daily and have done so for well over a year, maybe 2 years. But I am going on a 14 hour plane ride and I'm terrified so I will be taking a double dose of my valium since the dose I am on now doesn't stop panic, so I'll be taking 15mg Valium and 1 or 2 Promethazine tablets so either 25mg or 50mg of promethazine in case i get motion sick because thats what I am so terrified of.

Is this safe? I can't find much on google except that it will cause more sedation than normal which I kind of expect, I just dont want to stop breathing while over the pacific ocean. (I asked my pharmacist and he said he had no idea)

Thanks for any help guys.

Yeah, youre good. Anti histamines are sedating but do not depress breathing... which is what makes combining downers dangerous. You are very likely to fall asleep though....