• Select Your Topic Then Scroll Down
    Alcohol Bupe Benzos
    Cocaine Heroin Opioids
    RCs Stimulants Misc
    Harm Reduction All Topics Gabapentinoids
    Tired of your habit? Struggling to cope?
    Want to regain control or get sober?
    Visit our Recovery Support Forums

Misc Is it safe to inyect expired drugs?

Jaredborgetti

Bluelighter
Is it safe if I inyect expired morphine, buprenorphine and diazepam?? The vials expired 2 years ago, they are sealed in original packages and were protected from enviroment, is inyecting these safe or no?

Its hard to say, though i know i'd use them. You might consider passing them through a micron filter out of an abundance of caution.

Its hard to say, though i know i'd use them. You might consider passing them through a micron filter out of an abundance of caution.

Yeah. Take a look at them and see if there is any particles or solids inside the vials. If there is its not safe.

Otherwise, they're "probably" safe (probably is NOT A YES). Probably still worth micron filtering for the added safety though. Like negrogesic though there's no way if I had a vial of morphine that I wouldn't be using it just cause it's expired unless it's obviously no good.

Uhh, separate point to the safety issue though... Taking buprenorphine with virtually any other opioid is extremely likely to cause withdrawal. I mean.. It's probably fine if you take it when already in withdrawal, otherwise you're playing with fire if there's any opioids in your system already.

Obviously it's your call at the end of the day. However I was friends with a pharmacist back in the day and he'd pocket expired meds all the time (things weren't so crazy back then, so there is that...). He would say there's nothing wrong with them, if anything they.may lose a bit of their potency. OP - please do refer to my very first comment and please be safe and always err on the side of caution