• Psychedelic Drugs Welcome Guest
    View threads about
    Posting RulesBluelight Rules
    PD's Best Threads Index
    Social ThreadSupport Bluelight
    Psychedelic Beginner's FAQ

Is it possible to never have a bad LSD trip?

I tripped probably close to 100 times before my first bad trip. I've had difficult trips and I've had bad trips. I've had full blown panic attacks during trips that left me with PTSD symptoms for about a year. There is a really difference between a difficult trip that you look back on and can learn from and a full blown panic attack freak out. What i have learned is that even after 100 trips bad trips can happen to anyone.

Which is why its good to have atypical anti psychotics on hand in case of emergencies.

Last edited:
I have tripped 5 times and the 5th time was the worst night of my entire life. I had to leave the security of my friends and talk with my dad about I don't even know what. The whole time he was talking the light from the tv flashing on him made his skeleton turn on and off and the rest of the night I laid in bed feeling so terrible, depressed and helpless. I don't know if anything could have made me happy at that point.
Anyone can have a bad trip. It just depends on what sort of things really get to you

louisvillemusicman this is not directed specifically at you but I happened to see this post on what was a particularly long and difficult day.

I see this sort of thing a lot on BL and can't tell if it's hyperbole or 15 year olds but i seriously think you should get some perspective before you post things like 'I got piped and spent the night puking and crying and it was the worst night of my life'

One night, when I was 15, one of my best friends died in my arms from a heroin overdose. One night, I walked in on the woman I thought I was going to spend the rest of my life with fucking another guy. One night, I got a call telling me my father had been killed in a car accident. I would gladly trade any of those nights for an uncomfortable acid experience or whatever.

This is certainly not a pity party for Window. I'm generally pretty happy with my life and I'm painfully aware there are other people here who have had much worse things go on in their lives than the stuff that's happened to me. Just sayin'

I love BL for exactly this...I am quite in experienced with Lucy but have had some uncomfortable feelings, but it has taught me a lot even in a small space of time. I never knew what people meant when they said about integrating an now I know :)

I wasnt sure if I was alone with the uncomfortable feelings but had a gut feeling and experience from shrooms that it is kind of part n parcel of the psych exp. Def agree with someone on here who said it magnifies emotions...100% this is why I think its such an amazing tool as it blows something up so you can take a real good looong stare at it!

Thanks to all who have posted in this thread :)

It is possible to have never had a bad trip; but I don't think it is possible to never have a bad trip.

I'll explain. I've done LSD analogues ~8 times, only 2 trips at or above 150 ug (LSZ). Haven't had a bad trip; but it doesn't mean one isn't around the corner. Now mushrooms I've taken 2-300 times up to 12 g. Haven't had a bad trip (a few uncomfortable ones) and I don't expect to; but if one happens, I'm fairly confident I can deal with it.

Tomorrow night I could very well break my brain; but I'm willing to bet I'll still be me on Saturday. For me, I think it boils down to how well I know myself (very) and that my absolute worst trip on any substance (Salvia) happened 9 years ago.

So far LSD analogues (and to an infinitely larger degree mushrooms) amplify my positive thoughts; Salvia killed the positive and left nothing.

Tom

(Maybe one day I'll get over my cowardice and write a trip report)

I have only ever taken acid once and it was glorious! I did recently see a friend have a very difficult time of it on acid but I think that had more to do with the passing of his father only 4 days previous, he spent the entire time working through his emotions and thoughts about his fathers death in an outwardly concerning way. He said he enjoyed a lot of the trip but much of it was too strange.

I believe there is neither "good" nor "bad". Every experience will bring something new to the surface and may be useful some day. Be honest: Life would be boring if there wouldn't be thinking, working and refusing. Learning by doing.
This is also the reason why you shouldn't trip till a certain age has passed. If you are old enough, you probably solved many problems and learned to adapt to the new circumstances. Unexperienced people might fall in traps and struggle with the new knowledge. Finally it depends on the individual and how it reacts to stress in general.

I guess it depends on how you define a bad trip. I've certainly had a few, though not too many considering the total amount of trips I've had. But like many negative experiences, they tend to stick out like a sore thumb whenever you concentrate and reflect on it. So I try not to delve into those things too deeply after I gain whatever usefulness I can out of it, even though it does stay in the back of my mind most of the time. When I went through really bad times, I realized that the bright side is what ends up mattering the most.

Bad trips aren't any different to me. I've felt like I was dying on some of those trips; but I also felt like I was dying more so when I was sober and going through hell too. Looking at both of those set of events now, neither are bad at all if I look at it in a certain point of view. I became the better for it afterwards, so in a way I guess it wasn't really bad? This is the understanding I came to after getting plenty of insights here on BL.

For me, a "bad" trip (with horrifying visuals) would only occur or recur when I was in a negative mindset. Thinking back on it currently, I'm pretty sure it stems from my normal, sober thoughts that occasionally worries about certain things. For example, I sometimes had sober, mental visions of myself getting in a bad car accident and getting squashed like a pancake, and lo and behold I got into a pretty bad accident last year which wasn't through a fault of mine. And I think these types of worries would manifest during some of those past lsd trips and then get taken to a whole new level, but only when I was already in a negative or stressed out mindset.

The thing is that I've always been quick to recover from bad trips, or even bad events in life, since those bad trips are quite insignificant compared to the crap I dealt with while sober. So while they were certainly bad trips at the time, looking at it now they seem pretty weak. :)

Oh noez, bad hallucinationz! Imma dyin'!

Even though I'm really not...

Zz...

Never on LSD. Tripped on its hundreds and hundreds of times. It's always just a beautiful exquisite ride that I'll always cherish. Things have gone a bit sideways but never that bad.

IME, good and bad are relative terms and "one mans trash is another mans treasure"...Grasshopper.
Should I elaborate...? Nope, not necessary, you know what I mean...or you should know anyway.

Sometimes I feel like there is no such thing as a bad trip( I say that loosely) but generally unpleasant trips are the most informational and insightful, definitely not fun Durring it but afterwards it feels nice to have that experience

I've never had one in 20-ish years of trippin'. I don't think I ever will, but I could imagine having a bad trip if someone secretly dosed me with a huge dose when I was in a bad condition physically or mentally, or if something really bad happened while on a trip, like an accident or an encounter with some kind of major danger. There are certain experiences I don't think you want to have your mind wide open for.