• Select Your Topic Then Scroll Down
    Alcohol Bupe Benzos
    Cocaine Heroin Opioids
    RCs Stimulants Misc
    Harm Reduction All Topics Gabapentinoids
    Tired of your habit? Struggling to cope?
    Want to regain control or get sober?
    Visit our Recovery Support Forums

Opioids Is buprenorphine worth it for a high?

Yes, who are not addicted to large amounts of opiates SUPER STRONG, and last all day. Even when I had a habbit Bupe got me majorly fucked the first time I had it, I had snorted an 8mg oragne pill, not as good or oxy or anything but still gave me engery more talkative, went to a friends house afterwards and nodded my tits off, one of those can't be controlled ones until the weed wore off. IMO, it's not that bad to take every once in a while if you have a low tolerance(in the begining of my opiate career I would take 4-6 lortabs at a time & Methadone at doses of 20-25mg at a time, that was before I was using daily though. Stay safe, and start small, bupe is strong, don't do the whole thing or you will be sick for a while.

Edit: Did you have strips or pills? If you have the pills I would say start with 1mg snorted. You can snort stirps also, but more of a hassle. If you have the strips I would reccomend plugging them, same Bioavailbilty pretty much as snorting,maybe a little more. People who plug it and who are not on it for maintance say it's better than snorting, so I guese you could do it with the pills also. Just make sure your bum is clear, otherwise it wont work.. And definately DO NOT MIX ANY BENZO's or AlCOHOL with this.

Last edited:
Well, before I found heroin I would snort bupe to get high. First time I snorted 1mg and it was BLISS.
But while the first times 1mg was enough for a good lenghty high, I had to snort 4mg after a few months even leaving substantial time between uses.

Guys, the OP discovered that he had methadone pills, not bupe. He has another thread he has started for his question.

That´s strange. They work differently I guess.
I know about methadone, but could not use subs.
Something to do with anticipated w/d.

I realize the OP made an error, but just wanted to ask my question here as I don't want to start a new thread....

If I IV 2mg of bupe for a high, what dosage insufflated would give the same effects?

Last edited:
Buprenorphine intranasal bioavailability is about 40%. IV is 100%. So, if my math is correct:

So, 2mg IV = 3.2mg IN

I personally would not try to use buprenorphine to get high. I am on buprenorphine maintenance and sometimes find myself wanting to get high from my meds but short answer, no, as far as the high goes, any opiate would be better. Use the buprenorphine to get off the opes when you need them. Don't start using a drug that treats opiate addiction to get high! If u want to get high then get high on opiates. Just my opinion.

I know this thread has been dead for a while but it was one of the first that popped up when I did the old "drug x bluelight" google search. Ive been doing opioids for about 9 years now, I've never plugged or done IV, I have taken orally, snorted and smoked however. At the point where I was trying to come off my 150-180mg Oxycodone (in AU - usually the 20mg OxyNorm caps or 30-40mg MR slow release pills) I found Suboxone to be an absolute miracle drug. It really means what you mean by high though, after 3 years of taking Oxy in high doses you aren't even getting high anymore, you're just taking them because you literally feel like you're sick and dying if you don't, so the transition from real fucking shitty to feeling good, kinda feels like a high.

When I was doing my own rehab myself (wouldn't recommend if you don't have the willpower) I started by switching to 300mg of Morphine (some SR pill MS Contin) but because it was different it was great for few days, then same thing, just stopped me being sick, then I switched back to Oxy but more than half my dose around 60-80mg a day, did that for a few days, then did 4 days of Suboxone strips under tongue. Day 1: 4mg, 2: 2mg, 3: 2mg and 4: 1mg. Then I did benzos (2x2mg clonapin) for a gap day then switched to CWE codeine 120mgs a day, by this point I was thinking already this is a miracle. Then I switched to ketamine for a week and that was it, 9 years of all these attempts and rehabs, all done by slowly stepping down over a period of a few weeks. Now, famous last words but so far so good, occasionally (once a month) Ill have a netflix and oxy night, great euphoria etc, you guys know the deal. But when I have a 2 day coke and ket bender, wake up rough as all fuck 1/4 of an 8mg strip and Im buzzing, can't compare them, one is like a warm blanket of love and care and one is like a high energy, high dopamine or serotonin like uplifted emotion feeling, really social, get shit done.

Hi guys, I generally have access to Oxycodone in small amounts. I take around 20 -30 mg, and if I take it at this amount, I can basically take it every day or two.

I now also have access to buprenorphine, and I am wondering if it is worth it.

Is the high better than Oxycodone's? Also, just say I do use it for a long time, and suddenly my supplier can not get them anymore, would me switching back to 20 - 30mg Oxy still be viable? In other words, if I can not get buprenorphine anymore would the Oxy at my dosage level still get me where I want to be like it does now or would my tolerance be forever too high?

Thanks
If only taking 20-30mg, then Bupe might be interesting... be careful of precipitated withdrawal, please wait for WD's. Precipitated withdrawals were the worst experiences of my life (though I was coming off a one-two grams of black-tar per day habbit... which is almost exponentially more potent than 20mg of oxy per day. Then the bupe wasn't strong enough to meet my body's opiate requirements, so it left me in Withdrawals and blocked other opiates for 18-24 hours... virtual hell).

Note: Old school fent gel patches where the only thing I found strong enough to overcome buprenorphine opiate receptor blockade... But i had a weird dosing technique for tar and gel-patches.

...Completely off-topic side note on that if interested:

Tar: melt the tar/water in spoon and then insuffalate with straw and hang head so opiates cant escape sinuses. Hit me as hard as IV in total dose, but definitely lacked the rush... that rush is too addictive (WILL burn, and don't do if you can't sneeze out your mouth)

Fentanyl Gel Patch (do they still exist?): Squeeze/squirt the gel into a spoon, add enough water to cover it, boil and the gel then floats on the water, snort the water and gel into sinuses with straw, and hang head to prevent escape... and BAM. Warning: depending on the patch, that would kill most non-tolerant.

Last edited:
Hell No! It is a partial agonist which I assume someone already explained. If you wanna do something horrible like play with opis start with hydro, move to perc, morphine, OC, heroin, and eventually when your body is worn out you go to subs to just get by. That is an opinion of course

I enjoy taking bupe recreationally. I take 1/8 of a strip and it gives me a solid nod for a good long time. Between 12 to 24 hours. Only two downsides are that I still feel off after 2 or 3 days but I don't feel high. Just... idk how to describe it. It's uncomfortable. And the nausea. I vomit almost every time I take it, which never happens when I do heroin, fentanyl, or other opiates.

Taking a large dose of bupe when you don't have a tolerance to it, however, brings many, many negative side effects. Dizziness, headaches, vomiting, and so on. You'll be sick for a few days if you overdo it.

I enjoy taking bupe recreationally. I take 1/8 of a strip and it gives me a solid nod for a good long time. Between 12 to 24 hours. Only two downsides are that I still feel off after 2 or 3 days but I don't feel high. Just... idk how to describe it. It's uncomfortable. And the nausea. I vomit almost every time I take it, which never happens when I do heroin, fentanyl, or other opiates.

Taking a large dose of bupe when you don't have a tolerance to it, however, brings many, many negative side effects. Dizziness, headaches, vomiting, and so on. You'll be sick for a few days if you overdo it.

Like off in the head? Kinda dizzy/vertigo? I’ve had non-users complain of that on as little as .25mg. Sometimes .125mg..

-GC

I tried it, just once I could only get the 8mg so broke what was about 1mg off, maybe a bit more and snorted it and it was fucking horrible, I was hot, bent over toilet throwing up, bad headache, then I'd take ibuprofen and paracetamol, sleep not gouch out, but sleep, wake up with a headache, felt sick and horrible all day and didn't touch it again, I had a tolerence to opioids to but there's something about bupe that is rough as fuck if you want to get high on it

I found it to be real nice. 0,5mg for a beginner with no opioid tolerance. Around 12 hours totally high, but no nodding.

But I found it to be the hardest opioid I know.

I took a small dose of buprenorphine once. At the time I was doing heroin, but only on the weekends. The bupe knocked me on my ass. I found it thoroughly enjoyable.

But I found it to be the hardest opioid I know

I can't believe the high doses people coming off heroin and fent use, insane even with a high tolerence, I've heard of people on here taking 18mg, being an ex heroin user myself and able to take high dosages of other opioids, I can't imagine that dose, although I've never took fent so maybe 18mg is a normal dose for someone with a heavy fent addiction

I can't believe the high doses people coming off heroin and fent use, insane even with a high tolerence, I've heard of people on here taking 18mg, being an ex heroin user myself and able to take high dosages of other opioids, I can't imagine that dose, although I've never took fent so maybe 18mg is a normal dose for someone with a heavy fent addiction

buprenorphine is special in that it is a partial agonist which produces tachyphylaxis fast. the highest dose used i read was in a paper from a german cancer patient on 129mg per day.

129mg per day

Fuck, that is insane, I had to Google what tachyphylaxis is, loads of drugs do that I didn't know bupe did, pregabalin does that, tolerance builds so quick, I hate that stuff, some people love it, but they need to up dosages so fast to get same effect, read recently someone taking 4 grams a time due to tolerance, which maybe is tachyphylaxis