L O V E +
    R E L A T I O N S H I P S

❤️ Welcome Guest! ❤️

Posting Guidelines Bluelight Rules
  • SLR Moderators: axe battler | xtcgrrrl | arrall

Is being feminine a turnoff for women?

cowardescent

Bluelighter
Despite the stride that society has made regarding gender egalitarainism, I feel that most (straight) women would be turned off by femininity in a man. What I mean by this is a man who wear feminine clothes (yoga pants, short shorts) along with wearing makeup.

Am I wrong in this or is there some truth to this? I kind of consider myself a 'gender bending' man in the sense that I'd wear female clothes (not dresses, skirts). I'm also bisexual which I heard might turn women off, though I've only had one same-sex experience.

I don't think wearing make-up like a woman is feminine, but more like imitating one. That's my opinion though. I see no reason to label people as feminine or masculine. It seems to confuse me as to what's going on with the person

I don't know anything about cross-dressing

Yeah i am straight so I’m attracted to men and a guy wearing female clothes and make up is a def no no for me sexually. Maybe a bi girl would be into it though .

IDK if ill take this as far as clothes and make up, but feminine traits that are "softer" like emotional sensitivity, IMO, is necessary for a male to have.

Be a stoic brute all you want, but it's important to be able to see eye to eye on things. I think while a lot of women like dominant men (whatever that looks like for them individually), being able to show a softer side builds trust and security.

I think it really depends on the girl. If you look at, for instance, K-pop guys, they are very effeminate by Western standards, yet there are hordes of girls that go for that. I don't think you can categorically say that effeminate men are a turn off to women, but I would say that most women prefer men with more masculine features.

Fig A:
14019740_f520.jpg

Ths my first time over here before!

It is like they say there is someone for everyone, some girls might really dig that, but yea most dont 😉

I assume it has to do with a biological imperative. Hth

For me it was a big thing to get a short haircut. Since I have that haircut men are really much more attracted to me like before and I once and a while get (from man AND women I don't even know) compliments for my hair.

And lesbians try to make dates ,but sorry, I'm straight. ;)

JJ

I don't even understand this. Maybe my thinking is too serious, hehe. When I think of effeminate I think of someone imitating a woman. The same for women imitating men, masculine. Otherwise I get an image of bodily traits which have to do with biology

I'm for sure not imitating men, lol. I just like short haircuts, even if I'm a woman.

I'm for sure not imitating men, lol. I just like short haircuts, even if I'm a woman.
I don't think men having long-hair is anything either. I used to when I was growing up just because it looked better

I don't think men having long-hair is anything either. I used to when I was growing up just because it looked better
Long hair is kind of like the color pink. There's nothing innately masculine or feminine about either one. But because we are human and obsessed with labels we put them in a box.

That said, I do believe masculine and feminine traits exists but most of them are not nearly as obvious as we would like them to be.

In my observation, you're more likely to be perceived as unattractive for failing to live up to male norms -- physical strength, pain/fear tolerance -- than for having feminine qualities. Body type and haircut preferences seem to vary.

You're also going to hurt yourself if you wear shorts and you have chicken legs. But see above.

I have always liked men in dark eyeliner but of course I’ve also hung with musicians and they tend to do that. Long hair on guys is also fine.
I went shopping the other day and saw a guy who was in his 40s with a beard dressed in what could best be described as a cheerleader outfit. He had his hair tied up in a bow. That was kinda odd and not one bit attractive to me.

I think the world needs all sorts of people. Men that like being feminine make the things interesting.
The world also needs proper men like me👍🏻

Kenny Rogers sang it best “there’s someone for everyone”. Gender traits are probably a quite normal curve statistically speaking and for the minority long tail of men who are straight sexually but extremely effeminite there is no doubt a corresponding long tail of women who like that (maybe naturally or because of experiences with asshole masculine guys).

However as with most things sexual or gender based the majority of people are aggregated in ying-yang complementary opposites.

For the majority of people sexual (and general life) happiness comes from finding their corresponding other half (according to Plato at least). But at the same time, deep down, everyone is a little bit queer and people with less self-control or more curiosity will explore more diverse partners - often only at least once just to see.

I prefer very feminine but confident and self-assured women but I’ve been with all kinds while I worked that out. I expect many women, especially young women and especially young liberal women on campus, will experiment with gender bending men but ultimately find the experience unsatisfying and gradually gravitate more towards the median-type in terms of masculinity.

I have seen this phenomenon growing rapidly on my campus. Some woke women attempt to virtue signal by being with gender bending guys who are themselves virtue signalling by performing queerness. By graduation either the guys find their lost masculinity or the women find masculine men.

I like manly toss you around the bedroom heavy lifting types and I stop at makeup and yoga pants. A guy being sensitive is great but i don't consider that feminine.
I couldn't get turned on by an effeminate guy in makeup and yoga pants drinking a soy latte
My boyfriend is an ex mlb player , before that a mma fighter, that's my type
But i believe people should be who they want to without labels.