• Select Your Topic Then Scroll Down
    Alcohol Bupe Benzos
    Cocaine Heroin Opioids
    RCs Stimulants Misc
    Harm Reduction All Topics Gabapentinoids
    Tired of your habit? Struggling to cope?
    Want to regain control or get sober?
    Visit our Recovery Support Forums

Stimulants Is a medical dose of DXM safe the day after Ritalin?

leighanne1992

Greenlighter
So, long story short, I have been taking ritalin some days over the past few weeks because it has really motivated me to get through my Uni assignments. It isn't prescribed to me but I'm not going to be taking it on a regular basis.

Yesterday I took 50mg (25mg at a time). I am not taking it today but it could technically still be in my body.

I have also been getting a cold as it is winter here. No soreness, just a cough and blocked nose.

I have benadryl syrup which also helps with nasal congestion. It contains DXM. Is it risky to take it (At the reccommended dose, not to get high)?

I know there are all sorts of products that don't contain DXM, this is just one I've found most effective for a blocked nose, without being loaded with sugar and corn syrup. It was 19 hours ago when I last took ritalin.

Please also let me know if this thread is in the wrong place.

I honestly wouldn't even worry about it. I doubt anything bad will happen with such a small dose.

But I'm a drug addict not a doctor.

This is off topic but Ritalin is supposed to help you with nasal congestion too. All decongestants are stimulants and i think amphetamines were tested as potential decongestants a while back

Yes, you should be absolutely fine taking the DXM (only reason I don't say definitely is because I don't want to make myself liable if a freak accident occurred).

On another note, I used to be where you are man. I got ADHD meds off the street for 2 years without a script because I felt like they helped me. I ended up eventually just seeing a doc for it and (like most people like me and you) I really did have ADHD and am now being treated clinically. Might be similar to your situation, might not, it's just my two cents. Good luck, this sucks, but just follow your heart. Feel free to PM me.