View threads about
    Posting RulesBluelight Rules
    PD's Best Threads Index
    Social ThreadSupport Bluelight
    Psychedelic Beginner's FAQ

Is 1P-LSD truly as safe as LSD?

ThisIsAnAccount

Greenlighter
Is the safety profile of 1P-LSD very close to the safety profile of LSD-25? Does LSD-25 have any physical dangers? I’m not aware of any. Should 1P-LSD be treated any differently than LSD-25? Please cite sources, or expertise on the subject if you have any. Thanks all

It should be just as safe as LSD, I'm not aware of any reason to believe it is any less or more safe than LSD. It's a prodrug for LSD, meaning it gets broken down into LSD inside your body, so it's hard to imagine how it could behave much differently.

LSD is the most physically safe drug on the planet. 1P-LSD is identical in effects

I think I read somewhere that a mouse was injected with something like 5000 mics and the only thing they detected was dilated pupils. (I will find the exact text somewhere) I think aside from some people that are susceptible to vasoconstriction it is pretty damn safe. It's all mind. But that can be a scary place for some people. For some people the mind is a terrible thing. :D

Yes I really have to emphasise, dependong on gow we understand and interpret the various defifinitions of safety, these lysergamides really are remarkably "safe". Physically of course for body and brain.

Honestly I don't believe there is the slightest cause for concern about 1plsd having any particular health prep or long-term side effects which LSD does not and there is certainly no reason to be concerned about LSD in this sense either from a physical safety point of view, causing actual bodily harm directly over time for example.

The only possible complication I can think of is if whatever is stuck on the 1 position has some intrinsic problems (now there are several prodrugs)

The only possible complication I can think of is if whatever is stuck on the 1 position has some intrinsic problems (now there are several prodrugs)

Propionic acid (from 1P-LSD) is a mildly smelly but otherwise harmless chemical, produced by bacteria living in Swiss Cheese and on human skin.

Ditto for butyric acid (1B-LSD). And I think we can all agree that acetic acid (from ALD-52) is harmless as well.

Now, I can't say I know too much about cyclopropylcarboxylic acid (1cp-LSD), but it seems pretty safe to assume that being a carboxylic acid it would be extremely polar and thus easily excreted.