• BASIC DRUG
    DISCUSSION
    Welcome to Bluelight!
    Posting Rules Bluelight Rules
    Benzo Chart Opioids Chart
    Drug Terms Need Help??
    Drugs 101 Brain & Addiction
    Tired of your habit? Struggling to cope?
    Want to regain control or get sober?
    Visit our Recovery Support Forums
  • BDD Moderators: Keif’ Richards | negrogesic

Stimulants Is 10 mg adderall xr worth it?

thegreenhand

Administrator
Staff member
So i'm currently in posession of two 25 mg adderall XRs. I have a final exam on weds (so 6 days from now). I'm debating how i want to split up my pills. I don't think i'll need a full 25 mg dose at once so i'll likely split them up. I was initially thinking of doing 5x 10 mg doses. And then i have the choice of crushing them up to make IR or leave them as XR. I could also 12.5 mg for 4 days, etc.

I havent used adderall in over a year and back then i used to snort it for recreational purposes (but i actually ended up reading my textbook after peaking lol). I haven't been able to titrate my own personal optimal dose - so i'm wondering what other people would do? Keep in mind my tolerance is at ZERO

thanks yall :)

10mg is noticeable for sure, especially if you're trying to use it purely for productiveness AND you have no tolerance.

15-20mg is better, though

30+ and I'm euphoric and tweaky

Alright I’ll probably do the 10mg for 5 day regimen then. Any thoughts on XR vs IR? Extended is probably better bang for your buck huh?

Alright I’ll probably do the 10mg for 5 day regimen then. Any thoughts on XR vs IR? Extended is probably better bang for your buck huh?
In the end it's really only about a 3 hour difference, so depends on how long you need to focus.

I'm assuming you have the capsules with the tiny pellets. Crushing those is less effective than you think (and also a pain in the ass)

In the end it's really only about a 3 hour difference, so depends on how long you need to focus.

I'm assuming you have the capsules with the tiny pellets. Crushing those is less effective than you think (and also a pain in the ass)
Yeah it’s the tiny pellets, I’ve done it before but you’re right it does suck

I’ve read a lot about taking tums or baking soda before hand to reduce one stomach acidity and increase the amph absorption. I’ll probably leave as XR and try that??

Yeah it’s the tiny pellets, I’ve done it before but you’re right it does suck

I’ve read a lot about taking tums or baking soda before hand to reduce one stomach acidity and increase the amph absorption. I’ll probably leave as XR and try that??
Ya if I was rationing my doses I'd just keep it as xr

I was going to say no, since I need 30mg (IR or XR) for it to be effective. I honestly wouldn't mess with those beads. Not for your purposes. It's kind of fun to mess with them, but it's more or less a waste and they taste awful, backdrip or whatever. If you're using Adderall to study, it's a good idea to swallow them. I like them

I was going to say no, since I need 30mg (IR or XR) for it to be effective. I honestly wouldn't mess with those beads. Not for your purposes. It's kind of fun to mess with them, but it's more or less a waste and they taste awful, backdrip or whatever. If you're using Adderall to study, it's a good idea to swallow them. I like them
Yeah def wasn’t gonna snort them (great fun though lol)

i was just thinking that IR might provide a more noticeable effect but tbh it’s probably better that I don’t get sucked into the high and try to keep it minimal

Update:

i divided into 3 doses (just under 17 mg per)

took one this morning and was extremely productive. I finished a whole essay. Sort of crashing now but I got a lot done so I’m fine with it lol. I took 3/4 teaspoons of baking soda 20 mins beforehand too btw. Mild euphoria when talking to my roommate but otherwise it was all focus. Good dose

Better getting omeprazole tbh. I’d boke if I took baking soda.