• Select Your Topic Then Scroll Down
    Alcohol Bupe Benzos
    Cocaine Heroin Opioids
    RCs Stimulants Misc
    Harm Reduction All Topics Gabapentinoids
    Tired of your habit? Struggling to cope?
    Want to regain control or get sober?
    Visit our Recovery Support Forums

Opioids Is 1 week long enough for tolerance to go down?

Status
Not open for further replies.

arksenu

Bluelighter
So I'm just wondering if 1 week after using hydrocodone my tolerance level will go down far enough to re-experience the high with the same dose (or very similar high?)?

ignore the above poster they know not of what they speak.
it should have gone down at least a LITTLE. and what do you mean "experience a similar high w/ the same dose"? yes ...it should be a similar to normal feeling off your usual dose, probably a little stronger though than when you left off a week ago. you will by no means be back to baseline tolerance, that could take ages depending on how long/much you've been using. how long/much HAVE you been using??

this was my first dose of 7.5 mg, and I'm planning on taking 10 mg in about a week.

this was my first dose of 7.5 mg, and I'm planning on taking 10 mg in about a week.

you don't really have ANY tolerance after one dose ...you can take 7.5mg in a week and experience the same exact high as before. no need to up your dose at all, if anything it will only serve to prematurely start the increase in your tolerance that comes w/ prolonged opioid use. stick w/ 7.5mg and you'll be good.
and good on you for playing it slow and safe. keep your use at doses as low as possible and intervals as long as possible for as long as you can. it likely won't last forever.

hahaha ok pal ok...

im talking about REAL tolerance not a 3 days binge worth I dont think im the one who knows nothing

I have both extensive pharmacological knowledge and real world first hand and second hand experience w/ opiates and opioids.
you have extensive ...ignorance, attitude problems and a codeine prescription.
so yeah I'm gonna have to pull rank on you and officially declare your statements on this thread (and many really but let's focus on this one for now) invalid and incorrect. opioid tolerance does not NEVER go down. thinking that is a good way to end up in a hospital bed or dead.
in this dude's case your sweeping generalization was even MORE inaccurate (crazy huh that you could be MORE wrong?), in light of the fact that OP had literally used just 7.5mg hydrocodone ONE TIME.

you don't really have ANY tolerance after one dose ...you can take 7.5mg in a week and experience the same exact high as before. no need to up your dose at all, if anything it will only serve to prematurely start the increase in your tolerance that comes w/ prolonged opioid use. stick w/ 7.5mg and you'll be good.
and good on you for playing it slow and safe. keep your use at doses as low as possible and intervals as long as possible for as long as you can. it likely won't last forever.
This.Closed.

Status
Not open for further replies.