• Select Your Topic Then Scroll Down
    Alcohol Bupe Benzos
    Cocaine Heroin Opioids
    RCs Stimulants Misc
    Harm Reduction All Topics Gabapentinoids
    Tired of your habit? Struggling to cope?
    Want to regain control or get sober?
    Visit our Recovery Support Forums

Heroin intramuscular injection question, please help!

get high

Bluelighter
So I've tried to IV for months, and I can NEVER register and hit the veins. Whenever I do, I try pulling the plunger up but no blood comes out so obviously I'm missing. I gave up trying to IM. A friend told me I could IM (intramuscular inject). She didn't really explain anything, all I saw was her inject in the cheek of her ass. She says that works. So for the past few weeks I've been doing that but I have NO idea if I'm doing it right at ALL. I'm scared I'm harming my body. I've been using 1cc 29 gauge needles.

My question is when I inject into my cheeks, Am I supposed to press hard on the needle so it goes into the muscle, or do I just have to have the needle all the way in, but not put any pressure? See I don't know if I'm injecting into the fat, or the actual muscle. No one has explained this too me! A bunch of times I do it, and I feel nothing, so I know I'm either messing up, or not doing it right. How do you IM... how do you muscle hits. Can it be somewhere else besides your ass cheek? If so where? Please any help is appreciated thanks!

Once you insert the needle all the way in then you're going to have to push harder on the plunger (note not the full syringe) than you would if you had hit a vein. If you're having that much difficulty and don't know what you're getting out of it, I would suggest just snorting it instead until you can find someone to guide you through IVing. There is risk with any way you use drugs, but there is greater risk of infection/abscess when you get into the territory of IMing, as it's easier to wind up halfway between an IM and a skin pop.

What drug are you trying to inject? Need a little bit more info..

well, IM stands for "intra-muscular" which would be an injection into the muscle, not something your going to achieve with a diabetic needle, subcutanious injections usually refer, if im not mistaken to injections into fatty areas of the body, the butt, the backs of your arms, the stomach, something that diabetics do with their insulin. true IM injections are accomplished with a large needle, think 3ml of a liquid NSAID in the ER. so it really depends on what your injecting. but if you get it into the muscle with a longer needle, its going to sit in the muscle over a longer period of time before it dissipates, which is what an IM is for, subcutanious fatty injections dilute quickly into the water and fat of the body's fatty cells. anyways. just make sure you never reuse a god damn needle, i don't give a fuck if you think you've cleaned it or not. can people not spare the fucking 3 dollars for a 10 pack at the pharmacy? and if you know the gauge and the barrel size, and the locking method of the manufacture you want to specificy, you can even get those too, under law.

best of luck.

You can hit your shoulder like where doctors do injections of flu shots and such.

For the sake of harm reduction
However, black tar heroin injectors can be at increased risk of life-threatening bacterial infections, in particular necrotizing soft tissue infection. The practice of "skin-popping" or subcutaneous injection predisposes to necrotizing fasciitis or necrotizing cellulitis from Clostridium perfringens, while deep intramuscular injection predisposes to necrotizing myositis. Tar heroin injection can also be associated with Clostridium botulinum infection (Wikipedia)

And you should read this thread http://www.bluelight.org/vb/threads/527413-Black-Tar-Heroin-and-IM-injection

Yeah I wouldn't suggest IMing Heroin of any kind with an insulin syringe. You don't know anyone else who injects heroin IV? If so have them guide you on the proper technique, it really bothers me when I hear or read about people trying to inject drugs IV and don't know how to do it right... It can be extremely harmful to your body injecting heroin subcutaneously or "skin-popping" which, most likely is what will happen trying to use a standard insulin syringe to inject IM. So either find someone to help you through the IV process or do it some other way. Please take my advice or the advice from the other posters on this thread before going through with this. Smoking BTH can work great if you do it right, its the next best thing to IV. All you need is a straw, a nice smooth sheet of foil and of course a lighter to smoke it. Hope you figure it all out, don't want to see you get hurt. Best of luck.

I can't smoke H anymore, I smoked H everyday for 2 years straight, now whenenver I smoke I get chest pains, literally everytime. When I stopped smoking the chest pains stopped, so it was obviously related. I can't smoke so I'm forced to inject else I will go through extreme pains and withdrawals. I have had friends shoot me up, but I NEVER can succeed myself. Last time I tried I injected into my artery, my hand got completely swollen, and I had the go to the hospital.

You can hit your shoulder like where doctors do injections of flu shots and such.

I hit my shoulder twice, and everytime I got this extreme pain in my arm that lasted a few days, so I refuse to try that again...

^ Yeah you don't have to IM it if smoking was you roa before.. add water, sniff away..

Locate a large muscle group, one which you can grab and kind of manipulate with your hand. The common spot for medical folks (for adults) is the deltoid, which is the muscle that essentially covers the shoulder. Once you've located the muscle, grab it and manipulate it so you have a good idea of its location. It's going to be significantly easier than trying to locate a vein. Truthfully, the first several times that I IM'ed, I ended up using my Biceps. It just made sense to me.

But, you can choose just about any muscle and as with IV use, it's a good idea to rotate sites to minimize long-term harm. Now that you have a good notion of where your muscle begins and ends, you insert the needle deeply into said muscle. With a standard length insuling syringe needle, you're going to be inserting the needle most of if not all of the way in. Once in, depress the plunger. It will most likely sting for a couple of seconds, reminiscent of your younger days probably, getting innoculations in the Doctor's office.

Effects will begin within 5 minutes at most and will peak at around the 15 minute mark, but probably sooner. Other than that, it is really not a hard process. Just go for the larger muscle groups for obvious reasons. Deltoids, Quadriceps, Biceps, Glutes are all good suitable choices, but the Glutes and the Delts are the most common choices for medical people, so there may be some advantages to these sites that I'm not aware of.

well, IM stands for "intra-muscular" which would be an injection into the muscle, not something your going to achieve with a diabetic needle, subcutanious injections usually refer, if im not mistaken to injections into fatty areas of the body, the butt, the backs of your arms, the stomach, something that diabetics do with their insulin. true IM injections are accomplished with a large needle, think 3ml of a liquid NSAID in the ER. so it really depends on what your injecting. but if you get it into the muscle with a longer needle, its going to sit in the muscle over a longer period of time before it dissipates, which is what an IM is for, subcutanious fatty injections dilute quickly into the water and fat of the body's fatty cells. anyways. just make sure you never reuse a god damn needle, i don't give a fuck if you think you've cleaned it or not. can people not spare the fucking 3 dollars for a 10 pack at the pharmacy? and if you know the gauge and the barrel size, and the locking method of the manufacture you want to specificy, you can even get those too, under law.

best of luck.

Misinformation. There's no reason you can't use a syringe meant for SC Insulin injections to administer IV or IM injections. A hypodermic needle is a pretty simple piece of equipment. There's going to be very little variance from one design to another, with size or guague being the only major variables. A "True" IM injection is accomplished by introducing a drug solution into the muscle, there's nothing overyly complicated about it.

It's probably safer to use a larger needle in IM injections due to the risk of needle breakage, but if you use care, this really shouldn't be a problem. As far as the substance "sitting" in the muscle for a longer time vs. IV injection, this is true, but only by a matter of minutes. It's not some kind of extended-release mechanism.

You also have it backwards. Subcutaenous injections are preferred for certain drugs, including Insulin, because of the fact that dissipation of the chosen drug into the surrounding system will be slower due to a comparatively lower blood flow when compared to IM and especially to IV. This is advantageous when administering a drug like Insulin which is meant to keep a person maintained on a stable level over 24 hour periods.

Also, these injections aren't given into Adipose Tissue (Fat) per se. They are given literally into the skin; in between layers of it. Fat resides below the skin for the most part, between skin and the muscle.

Unless your insulin rigs have a very long tip, I wouldn't suggest IMing it. If you cant find someone to help you IV it or don't smoke it anymore, try plugging. I have heard it works fairly well with H, haven't tried with any opioid other than oxy and that was very nice, and subutex taken rectally was great too, but I have no experience plugging BTH or H in general, but it could be a great substitute for IM/IV if its anything like oxy was plugged. Even sub made me feel all warm, fuzzy, and euphoric the first time I plugged it, and it is only a partial agonist opiate. Also you can make a nasal spray like solution, by mixing the h with a small amount of water, putting it in an eye/ear dropper or nasal spray like bottle them adding drops of it in your nostrils while lightly squeezing and rubbing the outsides of your nostrils to better absorb the H in your nasal capillaries. But I would try plugging first if I were you...