• BASIC DRUG
    DISCUSSION
    Welcome to Bluelight!
    Posting Rules Bluelight Rules
    Benzo Chart Opioids Chart
    Drug Terms Need Help??
    Drugs 101 Brain & Addiction
    Tired of your habit? Struggling to cope?
    Want to regain control or get sober?
    Visit our Recovery Support Forums
  • BDD Moderators: Keif’ Richards | negrogesic

Intramuscular heroin- How should the injection site feel afterwards?

lovejunkie13

Greenlighter
I did a google search but mostly turned up results on how to properly administer an IM shot. While I'm almost certain that I'm performing this correctly, I do have some doubt. The doubt comes into play because of how sore and painful my legs are. Mind you, it felt like this the first few times I'd done it in my muscle and I am muscling shots A LOT lately since I haven't had the time to play find a vein. The areas where I shot in my leg are hard to the touch and I will feel a small lump sometimes. It's sore to the touch as if bruised. When I bike ride around town, it feels so sore, like I've been working out for days but then the following day, my legs will feel more flexible and less painful, as if the blood flow I got pumping from biking helped some. I'm pretty lazy and don't do much in terms of exercise so I'm sure my blood flow sucks. Do you all think I just need to bike more and help get the blood flow going and just move the shit a long? I'm concerned because of the pain and because I feel like I'm running out of places to IM. I don't want to shoot in my butt because I don't want to a hole in my cheek if anything goes bad and I feel like I don't have enough muscle in my arm. Today, I felt like I could hardly get out of bed because of the pain. I massaged my thighs a bit, flexed my legs and finally got up to dose and of course that helped, at least the dope still kills pain for me. Oh, and important info- when I'm injecting my intramuscular doses, I usually don't feel any pain. There have been times where it has been painful and I think that's because I may have been injecting in a spot where it was hard but it didn't hurt or give a "pop" feeling when I inserted the needle. Does anyone have any experience or info on this? How should it feel after I IM in my legs or anywhere in my body? For how long?

My boyfriend has had some injection site's turn into abcesses so I'm worried. I've had my legs feel like this all the time without getting an infection so it's normal to me but what if it's infected down under the skin and just never felt the need to pop and come out of the skin? Maybe they just heal themselves before getting worse?

Any input would be most useful :( </3

So I IMd a few more times yesterday and one of the spots is warm. I know IM is one of the last things I should be doing with brown but I have a tolerance of about 4points a dose, a minimum of 2 points to get well for about 4-6 hours depending on how good the quality is. I can't really get by with anything less than and IM shot. Anyway, after rereading my post, I feel like I've basically described abscesses and with the warmth and pain in my latest shooting location, I'm starting to realize that's probably what they are. Like I stated previously, I suppose the blood flow is what's helped clear them out while still in the muscle as opposed to being subcutaneous and having to come to a head...

I mean, I'm kind of at the point where I'd care to hear from anyone who's even IMd once and how that shot felt in the body afterwards.
Please? lol:\

I missed shot a day ago n little bit above my crook of elbow is hard n sore I'm gonna keep putting heating pad on n massaging n I took amoxicillin in case infection...will this go away it's not red unless I had heating pad on it n not hot unless heating pad on it ...it may b lil warm at times but not really... Hasn't grown bigger ..imma check n make sure it doesn't grow by tomorrow morning...I should be alright right??? Can't do hospitals or anything

I wouldn't recommend IM'ing heroin. It's likely to contain all kinds of other shit that could cause abscesses in muscles.

The only drugs I've ever IM'ed were lab direct, or from sterile pharmaceutical injection solutions, and not cut or impure like H. Shit that there was no reason to filter because it all went into clear solution.

I would think IMing H would be much like a miss and leave you open to infection. I may be wrong as I have only smoked of IVed H but it seems very risky to me and somewhat pointless. If your going to inject it why not IV?