• Select Your Topic Then Scroll Down
    Alcohol Bupe Benzos
    Cocaine Heroin Opioids
    RCs Stimulants Misc
    Harm Reduction All Topics Gabapentinoids
    Tired of your habit? Struggling to cope?
    Want to regain control or get sober?
    Visit our Recovery Support Forums

Opioids Interesting Tramadol Experience

Shankar96

Greenlighter
Hi,

So I had a small amount of Tramadol and for my first time trying it I took 100mg. Maybe 30 minutes before I took 2 Aspirin pills at I believe 325mg ea.? I will check tomorrow and confirm.

Anyways, the high I experienced was one of the most blissful, relaxing, wonderful experiences I have ever underwent. I love my Psychedelics, and I would even say that I would choose this high over the euphoria of MDMA or LSD.

The next night I was super excited to have yet another relaxing experience, so I dosed myself with 150mg Tramadol. However, I did not experience nearly the same effects AT ALL. It was not even remotely similar, not even in the same ballpark as the night before. I felt a very very slight buzz and some muscle relaxation, but nothing compared to the night before. Could this have anything to do with the Aspirin I took before having the Tramadol? Or could my tolerance really build THAT quickly to this drug?

I am an opiate-naive user and have not used opiates in over 4 years. The only time I ever used an opiate was when I got my wisdom teeth out and I was prescribed Vicodin, but that was a long time ago.

Thanks for your responses and I look forward to exploring the world of opiates a bit more. Hopefully trying some Dilaudid and Morphine soon.

Don't think it has anything to do with the Aspirin.

I've had been taking Tramadol for something in the region of 5 years now and I'd say, from what I can remember that some of my first experiences were like this. Sometimes they were, sometimes they weren't.

It's a different kind of Opioid as it also works as an SNRI, like an anti-depressant as such.

Seizures are a very real risk with Tramadol, I know I've been there. It's recommended to stay below the 400mg dosage range although I had my Seizure at 150mg (dosed with Amitriptyline which played a factor as well)

Now it just has a speedy, anti-depressant effect on me, I can't sleep if I take it after say 6pm.

Stay safe & enjoy.

tip to save ur life: NEVER use twice in a 72 hour period. EVER again. 1 itll keep u from becoming hooked ( and trust it can and will happen if u dont set some rules). 2 itll keep ur tolerance from rising.

also u were chasing that high, itll never ever ever ever be the same again. u will forever be chasing that feeling.

and yeah tramadol isnt the safest opiate.

Very true, nothing will ever compare to that first time. It will forever be a race you can never win.

Thanks for the replies. I definitely won't be trying Tramadol again. The people I know who have a prescription won't be getting any more to begin with, I just kind of noticed they had it and wanted to give it a go.

Do opiate tolerances really build that fast? I just find it incredible that I had an ENTIRELY different experience the next night, even with an increased dose.

Thanks again for the help guys. Will soon be trying insufflated Dilaudid, after my tolerance goes down a bit.

Tramadol is a bit different than most opiates and tolerance can build much faster than other opaites. I find Tramadol nice but not better than traditional opiates. I doubt anything had to do with the aspirin, I'm glad you won't be doing more Tramadol.

I always loved tramadol. I've had periods where I used it nightly in doses starting at 50mg a night up to 200mg a night. Any more than 200mg and I would wake up with a horrible hangover.

I never experienced fast tolerance increases... I dunno, everyone is different though.

Did you take it on an empty stomach both nights? Full? One night empty one night full?

I will agree that you can never quite grasp the magic of the first experience... But in my experience you can get close.

For me, 150mg on a second consecutive night would feel better than 100mg taken on the first night. My tolerance doesn't rise that fast.

Imo u should always have atleast 3 days between tramadol use to get the desirable high and not just the relaxation..And BE CAREFUL with tram I had a sezuire from taking it 2 days in a row at 250mg doses

if your looking for an opiate high tramadol is not going to help unless the dose is relatively high. take a Vicodin 5 and start there

I'm pretty new to the world of opiates and after that one Tramadol experience I'm eager to try more opiates/opioids (whatever term is correct). I will definitely be staying away from Tramadol though.

I have some easy access to Dilaudid, however while I could get a few pills I don't think I could get enough that would be necessary for a nice high, and I'm not interested in injecting - even though literally every post I read goes on and on about how injected H, injected Dilly, injected this that and the other is the ultimate high.

DrFeelGood, your post reminds me of when I first had Vicodin after getting my wisdom teeth taken out - I remember telling my mom "Mom, now I know why people take drugs!"

Thanks again for the replies :)

Would plugging Tramadol offer a better experience? For now, I'm pretty much done with the stuff but if there is a way to get a more intense high from it I would definitely be open to giving it one more go.

Just stay away from Trams OP, trust me. They are one of the absolute worst Opioids/ Opiates to withdraw from and you get a very minimal high.

Also do not plug them at all. The only way to get more of a high from them is to take more and then you would be putting yourself in serious Seizure territory.

They can also contribute to Serotonin Syndrome if taken with other SNRI medications.

Sorry I can't offer you any advice on the Dilaudid pills.

I am going to be picking up tramadol soon and I don't think I've ever had it. They're 50s. I've had other opiates like oxys and Vicodin in the past. I find it odd that one person says throw them out, and the other says they're great. I have not taken any opiates in quite a while.

Am I going to feel anything if I take 3 50s right off the bat?

I am going to be picking up tramadol soon and I don't think I've ever had it. They're 50s. I've had other opiates like oxys and Vicodin in the past. I find it odd that one person says throw them out, and the other says they're great. I have not taken any opiates in quite a while.

Am I going to feel anything if I take 3 50s right off the bat?

Yes, definitely if you have not had them before. Some people feel really bad off Tramadol and some ok, at best.

I would say take 2 and go from there.

I've never had any particular experience with opiates - only codeine, tramadol and oxycodone (once). For me, codeine I quite enjoyed - I'm very opiate naive so it only took me around 120-180mg to get me itching a bit and very noddy and I slept like a baby. Tramadol's a bit of a different one altogether because as someone mentioned, it does have its SNRI effects. For about 6 months I have been taking 100-300mg tramadol a day (in divided doses) - not really to get a high, but just to "take the edge off" as I am a very naturally anxious person. It also for me has a kind of mild antidepressant quality too. Plus a bit of a dry mouth! I've found that because I took this so regularly, even when I forgot to take it out and forgot the dose I felt horrible, like flu-like and shitty.

That was me waffling but to answer your question
- Don't think it was the aspirin (no interaction there as far as I know)
- I don't really feel a "high" from tramadol - more like a slightly cosy background feeling of calm
- My friend, who has never taken tramadol before, took 200mg one night and felt 'weird' and the next day felt awful, like she was having a comedown from MDMA. So I guess it's different for everyone.
- I wouldn't take tramadol to chase a high. sometimes if I want to get comfy with a film and some blankets I'll pop 100-150mg and watch. It's a bit of a weird one because everyones had such vast experiences on them but I'd say starter dose 100-150mg? (I think it's licensed for pain at 50mg QDS)

Okay so, as said above, the Aspirin didn't really play much of a role in why you didn't feel as good the second time. Tolerance with opiates in general builds a bit faster than with most drugs in general. As in, you can't take 60mg of Oxycodone one day, feel amazing, then take 60mg the next day and feel completely the same! ;) Personal input there.

I'm so glad you decided not to indulge in a Tramadol high again! I personally don't get anything out of the drug, nor does my mom, but on the other hand my stepdad and boyfriend abused it a long time ago for the high it gave! My boyfriend was using at least 8 50mg pills a day, and after the second day he learned his lesson. Had a grand mal seizure right in front of me, cut/busted his eye (you should see the picture, it was horrible) and didn't even remember a thing when he came to.

It was really scary because he had NO warning signs! We were in the middle of a conversation when he just dropped to the ground in convulsions, then stopped all together and just layed there... I thought he had stopped breathing so I started CPR, but then I discovered that a seizure doesn't really do that to you. I learned this wasn't the first time, either. Before we met, he had abused Tramadol and had his first seizure from it (unknown dose.) Since then, him & I both have stayed away from it. I wouldn't want to take a drug that I've seen has personally affected someone so badly. If you ever decide to try it again, just please be careful. Tramadol is a sensitive subject for me when I think about that day.

My opiate of choice is Oxycodone; I was an avid H user for four months but quit. Much better results, with much less doses. Stay safe. :)

I've found that tramadol tolerance grows MUCH slower then with traditional opiods. There's some sort of built in tolerance limiting mechanism to it, not sure exactly what, but my doses grew very slowly over the years of daily use vs my use of other opiods.

The problem with tramadol, is that once you're using a large daily dose, it's a BITCH to kick because it has a bunch of weird, non-typical withdrawal symptoms that takes a long time to go away. I've been trying to taper for months now, and I'm still not off of it. At this point, I get zero good effects from it, it just keeps me out of it's weird withdrawal.

I think I underestimated tramadol going into it and am paying for it now. Don't get me wrong- it's not nearly as bad to withdrawal from as hard opiods, it's just different, very annoying, and the symptoms last forever.

It was SUCH a great morning drug at first, too.

I've found that tramadol tolerance grows MUCH slower then with traditional opiods. There's some sort of built in tolerance limiting mechanism to it, not sure exactly what, but my doses grew very slowly over the years of daily use vs my use of other opiods.

The problem with tramadol, is that once you're using a large daily dose, it's a BITCH to kick because it has a bunch of weird, non-typical withdrawal symptoms that takes a long time to go away. I've been trying to taper for months now, and I'm still not off of it. At this point, I get zero good effects from it, it just keeps me out of it's weird withdrawal.

I think I underestimated tramadol going into it and am paying for it now. Don't get me wrong- it's not nearly as bad to withdrawal from as hard opiods, it's just different, very annoying, and the symptoms last forever.

It was SUCH a great morning drug at first, too.

Why a good morning drug?

Is it better to take with food or an empty stomach?
Everything hits harder on empty stomach but then you have to way up nausea component thats where promethazine comes in handy

So to answer my own question, yes, tramadol does give you a high. A pretty good one too. I'd say even better than when I used to take codeine. 150 mgs for the first dose. It's been almost 4 Hrs and the euphoria hasn't worn off yet. I wasn't expecting it to be quite this good.